The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Picked up My Grenadier!

AaronS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
I'm just over the line in Ventura County - so maybe LA County is more aggressive....
Probably.

I was pulled over by LAPD because I have an Amateur Radio license plate... they didn't know how to run the plate, so they pulled me over and ran through all my paperwork while they figured it out.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Probably.

I was pulled over by LAPD because I have an Amateur Radio license plate... they didn't know how to run the plate, so they pulled me over and ran through all my paperwork while they figured it out.
What’d they say once they did figure it out? Hopefully u weren’t in a rush to get somewhere.

AaronS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What’d they say once they did figure it out? Hopefully u weren’t in a rush to get somewhere.
They explained that I was pulled over because my plate didn't come back as anything... as if I was undercover or something (their words). Of course... while they ran all my paperwork, I pondered... if you thought my plate was some sort of under cover plate, why in the hell would you pull me over?

And no, thankfully I wasn't in a hurry.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They explained that I was pulled over because my plate didn't come back as anything... as if I was undercover or something (their words). Of course... while they ran all my paperwork, I pondered... if you thought my plate was some sort of under cover plate, why in the hell would you pull me over?
Must’ve been a slow day for them…

Jhrogers

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All – I picked up my Grenadier earlier this week from Regal in Atlanta. They did a great job with the handover. I think I was the first delivery in the Southeast so I got the full RIG experience with the Owner, General Manager, and a whole team of other great people.

I love the Scottish White Color. It's not a Bright White like you see on Range Rovers or G-Wagons. It's more of an Eggshell and looks really sharp in my opinion. I know a lot of people went with the steel wheels. I made a last-minute change before ordering and went with the 17” Alloys. Again, I was surprised at the color, which is more of a dark grey metallic, and love it. Especially with the BFG K02s.

All of my add-ons were installed pre-delivery except the Checker Plate which will hopefully be available soon. They are easy to install so not worried about that when the time comes.

I logged about 250 miles driving back to Nashville. This included one obligatory stop at Buc-ee’s on the way back and a refill at Costco when I got back to Nashville. It drives very well at highway speeds. More corrections than driving a newer Range Rover but not bad.

I’ve had a chance to put some city miles on it over the last few days. The steering-related stuff that people have been discussing isn’t an issue or even noticeable to me.

The one issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is the newly released ADAS system for the 2024 models. ADAS has Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, and a few other things, is ON by default and must be turned OFF fairly deep in the display menu every time you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning beeps and clicks are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for ISA starts at 1 MPH over the speed limit in most cases and it’s like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. That’s even with the sound turned down to the lowest level.

This process to turn it off, which is CRAZY To me is 10 STEPS:

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > Carplay
Note: My startup screen is Carplay

AND, you have to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME you start the vehicle.

I am hoping for a software option / fix. However, it says in the manual that these features can be changed, but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual is attached

Overall, Looks great, rock solid on the road, and very happy with the fit and finish. But that one issue is killing the experience.

View attachment 7834600View attachment 7834602View attachment 7834603View attachment 7834601View attachment 7834606
View attachment 7834605
Congratulations! I am in Southern California and I’ve been told my vehicle is at the port and has passed inspection. I’m hoping it gets delivered this month. I also opted for the white. I think it’s a very nice color. Thank you for sharing and enjoy the new ride.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I received a very cool Yeti-like cooler! And a coffee Mug! And a t-shirt!
Just bumping this - was speaking with my brother about guys getting their trucks and how different dealers are rewarding their pre order customers (us). This cooler is epic.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
Congratulations! I am in Southern California and I’ve been told my vehicle is at the port and has passed inspection. I’m hoping it gets delivered this month. I also opted for the white. I think it’s a very nice color. Thank you for sharing and enjoy the new ride.
Is your Grenny going to Rusnak?

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
I just want to get the A done in red
If you don't mind me asking, will you have that done locally with a decal or with paint? Thinking of red, too, for my Britannia Blue.

Last edited:

AaronS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What did Rusnak charge for the letters?
I’m not getting letters done…

As a package: letters on the hood (contrast A) and the A on the rear door: $295

I’ve never wrapped a vehicle, so I have no idea (I assume it’s expensive).

Last edited:

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
I’m not getting letter done…

As a package: letters on the hood (contrast A) and the A on the rear door: $295

I’ve never wrapped a vehicle, so I have no idea (I assume it’s expensive).
$300 for the letters is a bit nuts. My Trialmaster just arrived at the dealer so I’ll pick up after Christmas. What color did you get?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
$300 for the letters is a bit nuts. My Trialmaster just arrived at the dealer so I’ll pick up after Christmas. What color did you get?
What’s crazy is I had a meeting today quoting a 192 month inspection on my jet I fly. The average hourly cost for an aircraft mechanic is $125-$145 an hour, half million dollar quotes from 6 companies, but a dealership is $200 an hour.

AaronS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What’s crazy is I had a meeting today quoting a 192 month inspection on my jet I fly. The average hourly cost for an aircraft mechanic is $125-$145 an hour, half million dollar quotes from 6 companies, but a dealership is $200 an hour.
And there is only one local dealer from which to get a quote...

Back
Top Bottom