The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas NAS VINs

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
Just as an aside while we are here, when it comes to sharing a VIN number, what parts are ‘hard coded’ that could be deduced by saying what the features are. And what are ‘private’ or specific to my vehicle, that I might not want to share for security or other reasons?
The last 6 digits identify the vehicle specifically (and are unique to your vehicle only), the rest are more generic

Local time
Reaction score
Just as an aside while we are here, when it comes to sharing a VIN number, what parts are ‘hard coded’ that could be deduced by saying what the features are. And what are ‘private’ or specific to my vehicle, that I might not want to share for security or other reasons?
the only parts specific to your vehicle are the 4 last digits. The rest is speciying the manufacturer, year, equipment. Some people (mainly in the UK) seem to be nervous about sharing VIN numbers, but I really don't see what the deal is. The VIN is generally visible looking at the Driver's side of the windshield!

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
I was wondering which VIN numbers are the first to be delivered to customers in the USA? Mine has landed, cleared inspections and is on the way to the dealer. My VIN is (last few digits) …RF007169.

I saw some info in a chart above listing VINs coming into the USA starting at 004xxx and 005xxx.

There can’t be thousands hitting the importation all at the same time or are the VIN numbers kind of random??

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:26 AM
Reaction score
I was wondering which VIN numbers are the first to be delivered to customers in the USA? Mine has landed, cleared inspections and is on the way to the dealer. My VIN is (last few digits) …RF007169.

I saw some info in a chart above listing VINs coming into the USA starting at 004xxx and 005xxx.

There can’t be thousands hitting the importation all at the same time or are the VIN numbers kind of random??
Rumor has it that vehicles without a tow package came first. Mine with a tow package hit the port in SoCal on 11/20 - then 30 days to have accessories and upgrades completed by the dealer before delivery.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered mine with a tow package and I received an email two weeks ago saying there was an issue and mine will be delivered without a tow hitch and it will be installed later for no charge. The email two weeks ago said my vehicle cleared importation and quality checks and was cleared to be shipped to my dealer so I guess it should be here soon.

RPK

Local time
Reaction score
I got quoted bout $100 a month, which is a little on the higher end. I pay about $150 for 2011 F150 and 2020 Audi A8L combined.
Since it's a new car and the manufactured/parts from Europe is why it's more (as per my agent).
I don't know if this helps, but I just got a quote from Erie which will increase my yearly insurance bill by $1,019.00 by adding the Grenadier. I have 3 other vehicles as well (I also have a new teenage driver on my policy, and I believe that may be factored into the overall increase).

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps, but I just got a quote from Erie which will increase my yearly insurance bill by $1,019.00 by adding the Grenadier. I have 3 other vehicles as well (I also have a new teenage driver on my policy, and I believe that may be factored into the overall increase).
Highly recommend you asking your insurer to factor that the teen does not drive certain vehicles. I was able to say "my wife never drives the m3" and got a break from a couple insurers a while back. I learned the trick from my parents when I was a young driver. Now I just tell them the mileage we put on each car per year and get a bigger discount based on that. We're a couple years from having a teen driver, but he won't be getting anywhere near the Grenadier's pedals/wheel until he's proven himself (and there are parts available for if he goofs up!)

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered mine with a tow package and I received an email two weeks ago saying there was an issue and mine will be delivered without a tow hitch and it will be installed later for no charge. The email two weeks ago said my vehicle cleared importation and quality checks and was cleared to be shipped to my dealer so I guess it should be here soon.
Same. Knauz actually has some vehicles in, they are in process of installing any accessories and wrapping up their financing partner(s). If you are one of the luck ones, you could be getting The Call any day now.

RPK

Local time
Reaction score
Highly recommend you asking your insurer to factor that the teen does not drive certain vehicles. I was able to say "my wife never drives the m3" and got a break from a couple insurers a while back. I learned the trick from my parents when I was a young driver. Now I just tell them the mileage we put on each car per year and get a bigger discount based on that. We're a couple years from having a teen driver, but he won't be getting anywhere near the Grenadier's pedals/wheel until he's proven himself (and there are parts available for if he goofs up!)
Understood...truth of the matter is I trust my 16-year-old daughter about 10x more than my wife behind the wheel of any vehicle. Also, the 16-year-old has no interest in even driving my '04 Land Cruiser....doubt she will care about the Grenadier...

Local time
Reaction score
Understood...truth of the matter is I trust my 16-year-old daughter about 10x more than my wife behind the wheel of any vehicle. Also, the 16-year-old has no interest in even driving my '04 Land Cruiser....doubt she will care about the Grenadier...
I'm guessing your wife does not read this forum.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
7086 here. Still in Georgia.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s probably good that none of our significant others read what we say (or know what we spend 🤣).
Speak for yourselves, lol mine may not read the forum, but she has an all too accurate grasp of whatever goes on a vehicle 😂

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
Of course not. Then she would have to put her phone away to do so!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Speak for yourselves, lol mine may not read the forum, but she has an all too accurate grasp of whatever goes on a vehicle 😂
Opposite for me. I've been in trouble for bikes I've literally owned for 2-3 years!

mburke019

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Mine is RF007170 so hopefully not too long to wait now.

TrukSnave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same. Knauz actually has some vehicles in, they are in process of installing any accessories and wrapping up their financing partner(s). If you are one of the luck ones, you could be getting The Call any day now.
7115. Knauz called me yesterday and instructed me to get insurance and figure out finance

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:26 AM
Reaction score
Almost a year ago we were discussing decoding VINs on this forum (https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/vin-vehicle-identification-number.12410773/).

The topic appeared to be more or less closed. Now, I noticed that the NA VIN don‘t fit the original VIN conclusion: the VINs for Europe and Australia (perhaps also for Africa) had a „D“ or an „A“ as the 7th digit. The conclusion was that the „D“ was for Diesel and the „A“ for petrol. This conclusion seems to be wrong, as NA VINs appear to have a „C“ at this same position. So any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom