The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My Experience at 6 weeks - someone who LOVE(S) / LOVE(D) the car (please leave your comments and input)

Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the biggest issue is the dealer, at least from your perspective. Many of the issues you have are noted extensively on the forums so shouldn’t be a surprise since you joined in August of ‘23. I have had nothing but great experiences with my dealer. They have replaced my transfer shifter as the pin had fallen out, replacing my windshield washer pumps, and just today replacing my drive shaft.

It is not only a new vehicle but a whole new company and dealer network. Consider yourself a beta tester and allow some leeway with your dealer and Ineos to address issues as they arise. As @Commodore noted you do have the option of the lemon laws if solutions aren’t provided.

Please see what @IslandFalconer said

Also please refer to @Trialmaster as well as the other responses.

Also, due to a “pin falling out” you had to have the entire transfer case shifter replaced.

Local time
Reaction score
I thought one of his posts in another thread said he was an attorney and his fees were very high?
So sorry you are having such a bad experience. I hope for the best. It sounds like things you were concerned about in 2023 has came true. I know there is one person is trying a buy back. Like I said good luck.

About 10 years ago I lemon lawed a BMW in California. California lemon laws are very consumer friendly. You don't need a lawyer. All you need is for it to meet the following criteria.
  • At least two repair attempts have been done on the vehicle for a substantial safety defect that can potentially cause serious bodily injury or death; or
  • At least four repair attempts have been done on the new vehicle for the same non-serious safety defect or issue; or
  • The vehicle is in the repair shop and can’t be used for a total of more than 30 days (cumulative) for any combination of defects.
It the case of my BMW the N55 engine experienced two vanos failures at about the 1 year mark. I told the service manager that I would like to return the car under lemon law. He put me in contact with BMW NA and they opened a case. With in a week BMW closed the case and mailed me a check for the entire purchase price of the car including sales tax and interest fees, minus 23 cents per mile driven. Basically they made me completely whole less a very small charge for the use of the car.

The person handling the case at BMW explained that in California they really don't have any choice in the matter. The laws favor the consumer and the buyback procedure is stipulated in the law. Honestly, it make me really respect BMW and is a lesson to companies that you can make customers for life by correctly handling difficult situations.

One thing to note: the case manager actually emailed me a collection of my postings on the specific BMW forum. They will go looking on forums to see if you have done anything that would void the warranty. In this case it would have been something like a piggyback engine turn or a track day.
The vehicle is stock and unmodified.

Thank you - I’m aware of the Magnason - Moss Act and you need only meet one of those criteria. Not all of them.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Good question Stu - the dealer needs to be able to give their side of the argument. If only to prove that the story is true. The internet is a powerful tool and it's easy to discredit a company without real facts.

On a personal note - I think these posts that are all discrediting Ineos, should have a Forum all of their own and only can be viewed if you log-in (for everyone's protection).
I love the Grenadier. It’s the defects, the number of them, saying “live with it”, and “it will never fit like new” is UNACCEPTABLE.

Out of respect and integrity I’m not throwing the dealer under the bus - feel free to DM me if you have true concerns about where to purchase.

Local time
Reaction score
To be bluntly transparent, it wasn't reported by any dealers, or even reported by another member.

You spammed a half dozen threads with nothing more than a link to this thread (many of which were completely unrelated) simply to gain exposure. That's the inappropriate behavior.

It's unfortunate that you've had a horrible experience, and it's fine to post a thread about it, but there's no need to spam it everywhere.

Also who is the dealer you purchased/leased from?
I DM’d you the name of the dealer from which i LEASED.
The purpose of the post was to share my experience from someone who truly loves the car.

I also see now that the individual trying a take down is NOT a dealer (from what i can see). Rather, his online name and insignia led me to believe that to be true.

Local time
Reaction score
Good question Stu - the dealer needs to be able to give their side of the argument. If only to prove that the story is true. The internet is a powerful tool and it's easy to discredit a company without real facts.

On a personal note - I think these posts that are all discrediting Ineos, should have a Forum all of their own and only can be viewed if you log-in (for everyone's protection).
Allow me to refer you to the pictures that i provided. As i said, i love the car, but in 6 weeks this is unacceptable and what cause do i have to make something like this up?

Local time
Reaction score

The vehicle is stock and unmodified.

Thank you - I’m aware of the Magnason - Moss Act and you need only meet one of those criteria. Not all of them.

I did not say that it has to meet all of the requirements. Notice that the word “or” is at the end of each bullet point.

We get that you are frustrated and certainly appear to be justified in your frustration. If the dealer is not getting this resolved then open a lemon law case with the manufacturer. Ask your dealer for the contact information for the regional Ineos rep and give that person a call. It isn’t a difficult process.

As I said previously, I have done just this with a BMW and I almost did it with a Range Rover that the dealer claimed was going to take 3 months to get a coolant hose for. It was amazing how fast JLR found that hose once I contacted them and said that I wanted to open a claim.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:23 PM
Reaction score
There’s absolutely no reason for any of this. And customers that purchase 100k vehicles aren’t “beta” testers. That’s a rose colored glasses view of things. Do you think every time BMW releases a new model the owners see themselves as “beta” testers? FFS seriously? U have a G87 M2 one of the first of the factory line. It has had no issues. I don’t spend 80-100k to be a “beta” tester. The problems they are having are bull shit on the best of days. Most of what’s going on never needed to happen. And the software issues are complete BS. My BMW updates almost monthly. And Ineos in almost a year can’t figure out how to fix a fuel gauge error. How it is so many owners can accept absolute crap and think “I’m a beta tester” so “it’s ok” that this 100k vehicle is complete and utter terrible quality control. Water leaking through safari windows isn’t “beta testing” it’s crap build quality.
They road tested this for 1.8M miles with numerous PT03 models and should have sorted ALL OF THESE issues which seem to occur more so in the US release of this vehicle (or more frequently at least). Touch wood, mine has been reasonably well behaved for the first 20Kkm. A few things to sort, but not as much as the OP that is for sure.

Local time
Reaction score
I did not say that it has to meet all of the requirements. Notice that the word “or” is at the end of each bullet point.

We get that you are frustrated and certainly appear to be justified in your frustration. If the dealer is not getting this resolved then open a lemon law case with the manufacturer. Ask your dealer for the contact information for the regional Ineos rep and give that person a call. It isn’t a difficult process.

As I said previously, I have done just this with a BMW and I almost did it with a Range Rover that the dealer claimed was going to take 3 months to get a coolant hose for. It was amazing how fast JLR found that hose once I contacted them and said that I wanted to open a claim.
I appreciate your response and my apologies for expressing such frustration - It does no good.

Unfortunate, but I’ll get another one that is not utterly defective. Thank you to all who contributed thoughtful responses.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
@Shuggs. That's a tough story to read.

I bought and sold my IG pretty fast. Loved it (overall) but New manufacturer + New vehicle + New dealer network + Proximity to a dealership + Ineo's unwillingness to address these issues (in a timely manner) didn't add up for me

I thought the dealership did a decent enough job during my 3-month ownership[ but I felt they were getting minimal support from Ineos along the way and I could see the new model issues starting to add up as the early deliveries were being made. It doesn't sound like that has changed, atleast in your case.

I hope it all works out.

Back
Top Bottom