The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Main fuses used in INEOS Grenadier

bnebenda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
I do have to agree with you. Excellent vehicle but they have totally underestimated the amount of work needed to provide timely effective support to owners. I would probably buy again but only because the alternative a Landcrusier 70 series is pitiful in comparison. Thankfully I'm still getting some sense from my dealer principal but there has been a large turnover in their service department which hasn't helped. I still send occasional emails to INEOS Support but accept that the response will be slow and not answer my question. Occasionally though I have been surprised.

Now I wonder where this under bonnet fuse box is on LHD vehicles?

Cheers
Steve
I have cnfirmation from my dealer and from a user in Facebook that it is UNDER the coolant resevoir on the right side for the LHD petrol version. My dealer told me that you have to drain the coolant circuit and remove the reservoir in order to access the fuse box. Sounds like doing this in the field will be an intersting task, But as we all know the Grenadier is built for purpose (need to figure out which purpose it serves though)

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
I have added a note and link to this under Fuse Box 3 on page 1.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
I have cnfirmation from my dealer and from a user in Facebook that it is UNDER the coolant resevoir on the right side for the LHD petrol version. My dealer told me that you have to drain the coolant circuit and remove the reservoir in order to access the fuse box. Sounds like doing this in the field will be an intersting task, But as we all know the Grenadier is built for purpose (need to figure out which purpose it serves though)
Indeed that will be an interesting field repair....... and I thought us RHD markets had it bad with the drivers footrest.

Just to clarify that is right side looking forward, under the reservoir with the blue cap?

Cheers
Steve

bnebenda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Indeed that will be an interesting field repair....... and I thought us RHD markets had it bad with the drivers footrest.

Just to clarify that is right side looking forward, under the reservoir with the blue cap?

Cheers
Steve
Overlooked your question. Yes left and right always with reference to driving direction.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Overlooked your question. Yes left and right always with reference to driving direction.
Thanks @bnebenda I can now caption up a LHD engine bay pic for the next manual update.

Cheers
Steve

bnebenda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
INTERIOR ELECTRICAL CENTRE (SECONDARY FUSE BOX 1B) - High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel option

This mini fuse box is installed if you have the aux power option in your car. The fuse box is located on a bracket between the 7 stud busbar and the Main Battery.

Mini blade fuses used
The Mini blade fuses are used are rated at 5 amps (single fuse) and 25 amps (3 fuses).

Relays
It appears the fuses are used to fuse the four 614 Relays.

There is no fuse diagram at present only a photo from a Production vehicle.
View attachment 7851252

High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel image and diagram
View attachment 7851259
View attachment 7843571
Diagram courtesy of @Rok_Dr

Wider view with arrow pointing at mounting bracket.
View attachment 7843050

APPARENT POWER SOURCE FOR THE HIGH LOAD AUXILIARY SWITCH PANEL (FUSE BOX 1B)
The power for the High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel option (Fuse Box 1B) appears to come from Stud 4 on the 5 Stud busbar with a ZCASE® fuse rated at 80 amps. See here. Also check the busbar fuse if there is no power to this fuse box.
Has anyone alreday located the fuse and relay of the Ext1 (Bonnet, 10A)?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
I think it is in the aux power option fuse box, but will look to confirm. EDIT: No, that has Ext 2, 3, 4 and 5.

I think @Mr. Largo WINCH knows.

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As far as I can determine from the schematics I have seen, it piggy backs off FI28 in the interior electrical centre fuse box along with the Overhead power switch and second row accessory switches (not sure what these are).

Cheers
Steve

archerwolf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score

I’m also trying to locate a fuse or relay switched power for EXT1 somewhere other than in the engine bay. F128 is a 10amp fuse for the whole overhead panel. F128 is hot whenever the overhead panel is hot so when the engine is on OR when the overhead power switch is on. It is hot even if EXT1 switch is off.

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m also trying to locate a fuse or relay switched power for EXT1 somewhere other than in the engine bay. F128 is a 10amp fuse for the whole overhead panel. F128 is hot whenever the overhead panel is hot so when the engine is on OR when the overhead power switch is on. It is hot even if EXT1 switch is off.
I think fuses FI28, FI29 and FI30 all draw off relay RI03, which in turn is fused by FI04, which probably doesn't help unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom