The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Loud Chime Bong notification regarding the service when starting the vehicle way to loud and neighbours have complained as I leave at 5am, How can I t

Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
Please help I have a Loud Chime Bong notification sound regarding the remaining service km and hours when I start the vehicle every time and its way to loud and neighbours have complained as I leave at 5am, How can I turn this down just to a minimum.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
Please help I have a Loud Chime Bong notification sound regarding the remaining service km and hours when I start the vehicle every time and its way to loud and neighbours have complained as I leave at 5am, How can I turn this down just to a minimum.
My suggestion? Move to a neighborhood where the houses aren’t on top of each other because if they can hear that, no matter what time it is, can they also hear when you let out a big ole fart next door? I mean……🤷‍♂️🙄🤦‍♂️

As far as the actual bong/chime warning, I am not familiar with any way to lower that.

Edit: serious answer, hopefully the upcoming software update will allow us to turn off this feature. Then your neighbors will be allowed to sleep in!!😎

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
It's in a sub menu of "Settings", can't remember which, just work your way through them. From memory it was a number scale 1 - 10. (or was it low-medium-high) Also don't forget you can usually scroll down the page in sub menus since some options can be missed off the bottom if you think it is only those that initially appear on the screen

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's in a sub menu of "Settings", can't remember which, just work your way through them. From memory it was a number scale 1 - 10. (or was it low-medium-high) Also don't forget you can usually scroll down the page in sub menus since some options can be missed off the bottom if you think it is only those that initially appear on the screen
See you really can teach and old dog new tricks. I really had no clue about this. Cheers mate!! 👍🙌

Last edited:

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
See you really can teach and old dog new tricks. I really had no clue about this. Cheers mate!! 👍🙌
Yes, in the sound level submenu, you can lower the volume of the warnings, but it doesn't work for the Service warning, it can't be lowered, it's a pain, I have to go through the service in December, I only have 5500 km, and I've had the damn warning for several weeks now.

Regards
Paco Garcia

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, in the sound level submenu, you can lower the volume of the warnings, but it doesn't work for the Service warning, it can't be lowered, it's a pain, I have to go through the service in December, I only have 5500 km, and I've had the damn warning for several weeks now.

Regards
Paco Garcia
Ok I thought so. Thanks PG as you saved me some searching time this afternoon. Plus when I couldn’t find it you also saved me some more googling. I didn’t think you could turn down the volume for the service warning. 🙏 so I have to ask, is yours so loud it wakes the neighbors?? 🤷‍♂️

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
Vale, ya lo pensaba. Gracias, PG, porque me ahorraste algo de tiempo de búsqueda esta tarde. Además, cuando no pude encontrarlo, también me ahorraste más búsquedas en Google. No pensé que pudieras bajar el volumen de la advertencia de servicio, 🙏 así que tengo que preguntar: ¿el tuyo es tan ruidoso que despierta a los vecinos?🤷‍♂️
La mía es bastante ruidosa, la verdad, pero mi casa es de esas en las que no se oyen los "pedos de los vecinos". 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

IMG_1807.JPG

Last edited:

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
If this is the same bong as a door being left open then yes it is loud but for your neighbours to hear and complain it sounds frankly ridiculous.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s not louder than a DPF burn on a diesel. Now that is loud for a whole 10 minutes. Wake the whole neighbourhood up and you can’t turn it off 😂

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s not louder than a DPF burn on a diesel. Now that is loud for a whole 10 minutes. Wake the whole neighbourhood up and you can’t turn it off 😂
But the big issue is when your neighbours call the Fire Service, in anticipation of a fire or explosion.

Back
Top Bottom