The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Light Bar

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
wow, that is one clean wagon. nice. 

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Ill be interested to see the effectiveness of the central grill mounted aux lights.

Heres my old Wrangler with the Rigid Radiance and pods I had on it.

Attachments

• jeep rigid_LI.jpg
    jeep rigid_LI.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 28

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Hey folks, I've been eagerly reading and making notes for my own G.

One question I have is how much off-road night time driving does one need to do, before they should start considering a serious lighting setup? Or is it a case not how often, but being prepared and having the option when needed.

Cheers

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi. There are some good videos on off road driving at night by Ronny Dahl  https://www.youtube.com/user/RonBacardi666 and  https://www.youtube.com/c/AlloffroadAu Ronny has a running joke that he never gets to a camping spot until it's dark. Lights off road are like a parachute. You don't use them a lot but when you need them they better be there and in good working condition.   Another one that I hadn't thought of was a guy driving along the beach at Fraser Island and he said he needed good lights to see ahead but also sideways shining lights so he could find the tracks up off the beach. I think everyone's needs are going to be different depending on what type of terrain they are going to be driving through most often. I am going to make sure that every light type is individually switched so I can add or remove light as needed.  

Local time
Reaction score
Isn't there an oil cooler behind the grille???  

Attachments

• Gren fan.jpg
    Gren fan.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 50

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great insight, thanks for sharing Dave. Can't wait for us to arrange a Grenadiar Fraser Island trip ?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
@CountyV8, great picture, where did you find it? Do you have a link?

Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1332769296]@CountyV8, great picture, where did you find it? Do you have a link?[/QUOTE] 

Thats on the Ineos grenadier official site .

Local time
Reaction score
@DaveB but won’t those mounting locations obstruct airflow? Especially the ST4-4 which will basically cover the inter cooler areas?
The intercooler is in the inlet manifold.

Francois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good day. My question is on the Auxiliary High Beam lights fitted on the inside of the main lights. What is the strength and is it linked to work with the vehicle's high and dim mode?
"The #Grenadier is fitted with powerful LED lights at each end – plus a set of Auxiliary High Beam lights fitted as standard" on the SA Facebook page. Should it still then be necessary to add additional lights to the IG?

1661443871043.png

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've seen "provide an extra 1,080 lumens" in relation to these lights.

Prototype ones seem to be branded as Cibie and look very similar to the 6" Mini Oscar.

Screenshot_20220825_221305.jpg

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Should it still then be necessary to add additional lights to the IG?
Depends on your needs, for me it’s partly about the types of lights and partly where they are mounted. I’m partial to roof-mounted wide/spot lighting as I reckon it offers a better view of the road shoulder (where Skippy leaps out from) and it has less tendency to flare off dust/fog than if the same lights are mounted lower. That’s all a function of country/unsealed roads though so it’s not like I’d need it in Sydney.
Should note that the Disco Sport cannot mount a roo bar due to the pedestrian(!) airbag system, so one really has to avoid animal strikes as once the bonnet airbag is deployed you’re in limp mode and awaiting a part.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The position makes a clear difference. When the light is close to the angle at which the driver sees the road, not many shadows are visible and a "flat" image is perceived.

If the lights are mounted at a different angle, e.g. on the roof, there are more modeling shadows, giving a more plastic look.

Therefore size and distance of objects will be a bit easier to assess.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t want the lightbar on the roof which is where the OEM option is mounted. I have had bad experiences with bonnet and windscreen glare, I have also specked the safari windows and don’t want light coming in there, and also for that reason don’t want the full length roof rack which would mean a crossbar right at the front of the roof to mount the bar to and that would look silly and also mess with the Safari windows. I have specced the roo bar though and Inwill mount a 20” lightbar under the bottom bar of the roo bar though if it fits.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t want the lightbar on the roof which is where the OEM option is mounted. I have had bad experiences with bonnet and windscreen glare, I have also specked the safari windows and don’t want light coming in there, and also for that reason don’t want the full length roof rack which would mean a crossbar right at the front of the roof to mount the bar to and that would look silly and also mess with the Safari windows. I have specced the roo bar though and Inwill mount a 20” lightbar under the bottom bar of the roo bar though if it fits.
Yep, sounds sensible. I’m aiming to go top tube of the roo bar and if that’s insufficient then fab up a gutter mount in front of the safari windows. Did you have any ideas on the 3/4 rack, or were you thinking something else?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good day. My question is on the Auxiliary High Beam lights fitted on the inside of the main lights. What is the strength and is it linked to work with the vehicle's high and dim mode?
"The #Grenadier is fitted with powerful LED lights at each end – plus a set of Auxiliary High Beam lights fitted as standard" on the SA Facebook page. Should it still then be necessary to add additional lights to the IG?

View attachment 7792450
I hope they work with the high beam, legal requirement in Australia, but are separately switched from the overhead panel. So they come on with high beam only when you select them.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am hoping this light bar will fit suspended from the top of the roo bar 682mm wide 24 leds and 18,000 lumens

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am hoping this light bar will fit suspended from the top of the roo bar 682mm wide 24 leds and 18,000 lumens

That one is good, also like this one. I might donunder the top bar, but I reckon it will look neater under the bottom bar https://www.stedi.com.au/st3301-pro-24-5-inch-16-led-light-bar.html

Back
Top Bottom