The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Let’s talk CupHolders

Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
Good news, I have received the following from INEOS Automotive Customer Service. Not the "where's my Grenadier I ordered years ago" fifth enquiry BTW. Cupholder enquiry.

"Thank you for your e mail enquiry about INEOS Grenadier specifications. I can confirm from our Product team that the door pockets have been designed to hold a standard 750ml bottle of Jack Daniels and the centre holders are not for cups but for standard 330ml bottles or 330ml cans of beer"

I think that clears it up 🧐

Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
I've heard it said that one major difference between Europe and North America (and I think for these purposes you can put Australia in the latter column, although I haven't been there - yet) is that Europeans think 100 miles is far, and Americans think 100 years is long. I live near a city (Denver) but I don't have to to drive very far to see road signs that warn of the distance to the next gas station, and they aren't joking. Plus add in the high altitude and dry air, and if we're going anywhere more interesting than the grocery store, you can bet I've got a coffee in one hand and a nalgene in the other.

That being said, everybody here is so used to carrying water bottles around that tucking them in where ever they fit probably wont' be an issue, but not having any cupholders for the backseat passengers will be a big of a drag. I'm looking forward to figuring it out someday...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
but not having any cupholders for the backseat passengers will be a big of a drag. I'm looking forward to figuring it out someday...
How do ultramarathoners cope with hydration? 😁
Buy a couple of those devices.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Some rugged designs here. The Pfizer one might appeal for those taking the hard way home.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
I am going to place my thermos between the wife's legs. However, it has been a long time since they were spread and if I get really lucky she will not hit me. :D

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
I am going to place my thermos between the wife's legs. However, it has been a long time since they were spread and if I get really lucky she will not hit me. :D
Don’t count on it 🥊

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think cupholders are for people who endure urban traffic queues. The only time I ever use them is when waiting for the ferry across to Bruny Island. Even then , 90% of the time I drink it in the cafe or on the shore watching the bay.
I use this for water with a reduced base it fits in standard cupholders, keeps cold for 12 -24 hours and doesn't spill

1680988920088.png

Gormanchov

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So I've measured the cup holders up after discovering that my Yeti rambler fits in the top 1/4 of the holder only. Top opening is approximately 77mm in diameter and the bottom reduces to 60mm (very rough measurement, might be 66mm noting the diameter of a standard 330ml can). The panel itself is 198mmx109mm, held in by four hex head bolts, might have to get my brother to 3D print up a replacement unless there is something commercial already out there.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I find this obsession with drinking and driving hilarious. Normal humans dont drink litre/gallon cups of coffee, we get a normal human sized coffee which will easily fit in the cupholder and we drink it while it’s hot over a 5-10 minute period. Normal humans also stop every 2 hours for a break or to change drivers, during which time if you really must drink litres/gallons of water a day you can refill or change your water receptacle, and if you do drink that much you will definitely need to stop regularly for a pee. Of all of the things I would like different or to change or modify about the Grenadier cup holders are the very last on the list. If I still had kids that traveled with me, I might make an exception for rear cupholders, but just normal human sized ones not litre/gallon sized ones.

Rant over.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I find this obsession with drinking and driving hilarious. Normal humans dont drink litre/gallon cups of coffee, we get a normal human sized coffee which will easily fit in the cupholder and we drink it while it’s hot over a 5-10 minute period. Normal humans also stop every 2 hours for a break or to change drivers, during which time if you really must drink litres/gallons of water a day you can refill or change your water receptacle, and if you do drink that much you will definitely need to stop regularly for a pee. Of all of the things I would like different or to change or modify about the Grenadier cup holders are the very last on the list. If I still had kids that traveled with me, I might make an exception for rear cupholders, but just normal human sized ones not litre/gallon sized ones.

Rant over.
I only drink an espresso or often a double espresso
so 40ml or 80ml
It doesn't last long enough to put in a cupholder
I don't understand these huge coffees people have that are usually weak and milky with enough sugar to guarantee diabetes.
I have even heard of people buying crap from Starbucks and calling it coffee. (no surprise they failed miserably in Australia)
If going on a long drive I fill my yeti with water and some large round ice balls.
I think it holds 500ml and fits in a normal cup holder.
It stays cold for hours.

1691535040456.png1691535020446.png

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Rant over.
LOGIC!

Gormanchov

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You might struggle with the big one, mine is the R12 so holds about 300ml (Double shot topped with hot water and a dash of milk). Yeti R12.jpeg

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
Normal humans can’t go over 2hrs of driving? Seriously?? We routinely make the drive from Arizona to Colorado. Only time we stop is for gas. If you have to pee that is your only chance. A 4 hour push in the car is pretty easy and a jug of ice water goes a very long ways. Not sure why all the Europeans on this site assume cupholders are only for Coffee. Hell, my coffee is only 24oz😉

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
Normal humans can’t go over 2hrs of driving? Seriously?? We routinely make the drive from Arizona to Colorado. Only time we stop is for gas. If you have to pee that is your only chance. A 4 hour push in the car is pretty easy and a jug of ice water goes a very long ways. Not sure why all the Europeans on this site assume cupholders are only for Coffee. Hell, my coffee is only 24oz😉
I struggle to understand. What is 24oz in ml or liter?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I struggle to understand. What is 24oz in ml or liter?
Agree, are we talking wizards here.
can and should are different things. Taking a break after about two hours is a sensible safety measure, going much longer definitely compromises safety.

Back
Top Bottom