The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Let’s talk CupHolders

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
All cupholders allow for a cup of coffee. I am looking for something that will fit a reusable Nalgene instead of having it roll around on the floor, reaching for it and then running head on into an elephant (or a minivan). You guys may never get thirsty when you are on a safari but many people do. I don’t need many, one or two will do, but I am hoping they are big.
Maybe the door is your go to - looks big enough.

1A1BD7DC-0F1D-4AE2-B8C6-99559C91A843.jpeg

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
Will the stock center consule cup holder handle a standard Nalgene, Large Hydro, small thermos? One of my favorite things about my Tundra is the size of the cup holder.
I know it doesn't fit a Nalgene. I just want my water bottle to be next to me without it sticking up four inches higher. 🤓

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:49 PM
Reaction score
About cup holders.. when driving in the US using US cruising speeds in the west somewhat 60 mph on a long road, as we did.. that time long a go ford windstar.. coffee and country music ... - need that to stay awake.. taste is something different.
My cupholders at home are mere misused as containers for items, a litte knife, a torch, headlamp.. I rather do not sip anything when driving . short distance.
When going on a longer ride its different . then mostly tea / water.
Coffee is something of culture. - So a proper espresso or cappuccino in the morning. This means it is a ritual.. heat up a proper dual heat block portafilter machine such as this one Ascaso I own, a proper grinder such as an Eureka, even better coffee, proper filtered water, preparation procedure and then its both taste and caffeine that do the job.
But while on tour.. Better tea, and its easer to prepare .. proper water can be filtered (carbonite or similar, there in particular in the US plenty of outdoor filters available) and tea is much simpler to prepare, than coffee. But also I d' rather take a break outdoor have a tea . and continue driving.
So to me a cup holder is something on cruise speed on an interstate.. all at same moderate speed / cruise control and perhaps lane assist on. I do not deny the convenience at certain conditons. In Europe rest areas are quite often and life is spent mostly elsewhere but in a vehicle. As much as I like the IG.. it is still an utility.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:49 PM
Reaction score
I will sell my Grenadier instantly if my elegant and slim thermos bottle does not fit in the cup holder!!!

Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
I will sell my Grenadier instantly if my elegant and slim thermos bottle does not fit in the cup holder!!!
Clip to the utility belt! Nalgene bottles, thermos, hell even a wine skin!!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
facebook spam , but offered here. Fatten yourself up before work in the morning.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
facebook spam , but offered here. Fatten yourself up before work in the morning.
Nice

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Lord save my pitiful and send me to the eternal firey place for not supporting interior comestible adornments in rugged utilitarian built for purpose vehicular environments.
I will however continue to eat the occasional ice cream on a stick on a hot day whilst driving. Sorry officer.

Back
Top Bottom