The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Interior - roof trim

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
Seems from the responses that most do prefer a lighter headlining (me too). Of course it would have been odd if IA had gone with a minority preference. And on a utility vehicle I would never have expected options for this.

Besides, when you’re trying to find that blasted screw you lost in the back, any extra ambient lighting is appreciated.
Although, a darker interior might be suitable for certain screws in the back…

DDG

Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
The 2024 Manchester United Edition will have a black Alcantara headliner, quilted leather (diamond pattern), in team colors no less. Twenty three inch wheels and adjustable air suspension will be an added option. Along with high performance summer tires (bespoke Michelin Cup 2s). BMW will supply the uprated 4.4 liter twin turbo charged V8 motor with over 600 PS. What am I forgetting for the baller edition Grenadier?
I love the current offerings. I can’t think of anything more that I’d want other than a 20 liter larger fuel tank and a heated steering wheel😊

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The 2024 Manchester United Edition will have a black Alcantara headliner, quilted leather (diamond pattern), in team colors no less. Twenty three inch wheels and adjustable air suspension will be an added option. Along with high performance summer tires (bespoke Michelin Cup 2s). BMW will supply the uprated 4.4 liter twin turbo charged V8 motor with over 600 PS. What am I forgetting for the baller edition Grenadier?
I love the current offerings. I can’t think of anything more that I’d want other than a 20 liter larger fuel tank and a heated steering wheel😊
The switchgear has all been designed so you can use it with gloves on

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have wood floors throughout the house too for the same reason. Carpets get disgusting, rugs are easier to clean or throw away and replace. That why I really like the option for the rubber flooring with carpeted floor mat inserts in the Grenadier.

As for light vs dark headliner, I wear jeans or darker brown/kaki pants and generally darker blue, green, or greyish shirts. Why? Not because I don't wash my clothes, but because any white shirt or light khakis I have ever owned seems to have gotten permentanly stained within the first or send wear. At least with clothes, they are easy and relatively cheap to replace, not so much with a headliner.
But your dark clothes will have the same stains.
Just hidden
We have a friend who always wears colourful patterned shirts because she knows she will spill something
The fact she has no hands doesn't help
1678089125250.png

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
And there's no room for the left foot in the RHD models, (while wearing snow shoes)!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
Does the production version of this vehicle have vanity mirrors in the rear of the sun visors? I know these are universally standard these days but they are not present in the pre production versions. TBH. Not sure why I am even asking this question. 🤔

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does the production version of this vehicle have vanity mirrors in the rear of the sun visors? I know these are universally standard these days but they are not present in the pre production versions. TBH. Not sure why I am even asking this question. 🤔
My wife asked the same question. I said yes. I lied..

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife asked the same question. I said yes. I lied..
What has it come to when mirrors in sun visors have become an issue. Be bald like me - sorted

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
"There are no mirrors in the sun visors of the Grenadier. It was understood to be a request from company boss Sir Ratcliffe, who questioned anyone would need mirrors for an off-road vehicle."

Item 38. here:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
nothing a kitkat inner wrapper and some sikaflex can't sort. (for sunvisor not wife)

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"There are no mirrors in the sun visors of the Grenadier. It was understood to be a request from company boss Sir Ratcliffe, who questioned anyone would need mirrors for an off-road vehicle."

Item 38. here:
It’s to stop the yummy mummy Chelsea tractor buyers.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
nothing a kitkat inner wrapper and some sikaflex can't sort. (for sunvisor not wife)
The wife suggested that the forum was just old men whinging. (Apologies to @Annee) However when I said there where no vanity mirrors in the sun visors my list of things to do on arrival all moved down one. With a note "no tools required" added

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Two facts that I hadn't heard yet.

The Grenadier has four recovery points – two at each end. Each can take 4.5 tonnes of load at up to 45 degrees, something that required significant engineering work. It means multiple vehicles can be used to extricate it from a bog.

Bringing the Grenadier to market went over budget by about 50 per cent, with Ratcliffe saying it was “a bit more expensive than anticipated”. The overall bill was about €1.5 billion, or something north of $A2.3 billion.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bringing the Grenadier to market went over budget by about 50 per cent, with Ratcliffe saying it was “a bit more expensive than anticipated”. The overall bill was about €1.5 billion, or something north of $A2.3 billion.
Pales into insignificance when you like what Ineos are prepared to pay for Man Utd FC, over £4.5bn. (£s)

Back
Top Bottom