The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Work light on roof grab bar

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the references. TheDoc's post makes me feel like I want to grad school.
I know - brilliant - that’s why I mentioned the Agile Off-road “beginners eject button “ - they know what works with the Grenadier and you don’t even have to think about it - all guaranteed to fit

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not the grab rail per se, but wondering if there are suggestions for a mount to grab in underneath a slotted rack. Will be ordering the Leitner rack, but prefer my forward side light to be able to swivel 45 degrees. Their mount prevents that. Most likely be using S2’s.
Would you be willing to mount it to the grab rail, rather than on the rack, itself? If so, here’s an adjustable option - same as the one Baja Designs recommended to me, but with more adjustment options

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
Appreciate the link! Definitely an option… I was trying to keep the grab rails free since the rack is right there… would also use the same type mount for rear lights as well

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Appreciate the link! Definitely an option… I was trying to keep the grab rails free since the rack is right there… would also use the same type mount for rear lights as well
What about this approach? If you use this mount from Rhino Rack, then you can pivot the S2 to any angle - and the bracket on the S2 allows you to swivel up/down.

I’m not positive the Rhino Rack mounting hardware works with the T slot on the Leitner rack, so you could buy slot mounts from Leitner if it doesn’t. Combined, that ought to work.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry just saw this - maybe this would work?

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That could be the ticket! Thank you so much for the search - though admittedly I should have found it with the amount of time I’ve spent on their site! 😑

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
IMG_2172.pngIMG_2172.png

Has anyone tried these tube mounts for KC Hilites? I am considering a light to be mounted on a rung of the OEM rear ladder and this mount would seem to fit (as well as the similar size roof grab bar)? (I apologize for the duplicate image.)

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Bill, that might work. I can't tell if it is rubber or just poorly finished metal. Not very attractive. Still too big and bulky for my current taste. Only needs to be 1/2 or 3/4" wide. Check out what I posted here previously.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bill, that might work. I can't tell if it is rubber or just poorly finished metal. Not very attractive. Still too big and bulky for my current taste. Only needs to be 1/2 or 3/4" wide. Check out what I posted here previously.
"Super Strong Glass Injected Nylon Composite"

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
The mounts in the Abenteuer kit are from Stedi as well and look nice and solid, think I have found my lights:
https://www.stedi.com.au/vice-bull-bar-tube-clamps-mc.html
I bought this Micro V2 light and Vice 22mm-30mm clamps direct from Stedi, AUD$95 delivered which I thought was quite reasonable. They come with a DTP plug molded onto a short wire, if you cut open the plug and save as much wire as possible its just enough to fit a DTP2 plug to and make it fit without extending. The clamps don't come with mounting bolts and the bolts included with the lights are too short so you need to source some M6 bolts approx 16mm long with narrow heads to mount them. I like the technical look of the setup and it has a nice spread for a small light. It would also be a perfect fit for mounting on the rear ladder from the top rung (would need to extend the wire).
Stedi Light 2R.jpgStedi Light 1R.jpgStedi Light 3R.jpg

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bought this Micro V2 light and Vice 22mm-30mm clamps direct from Stedi, AUD$95 delivered which I thought was quite reasonable. They come with a DTP plug molded onto a short wire, if you cut open the plug and save as much wire as possible its just enough to fit a DTP2 plug to and make it fit without extending. The clamps don't come with mounting bolts and the bolts included with the lights are too short so you need to source some M6 bolts approx 16mm long with narrow heads to mount them. I like the technical look of the setup and it has a nice spread for a small light. It would also be a perfect fit for mounting on the rear ladder from the top rung (would need to extend the wire).
View attachment 7864533View attachment 7864534View attachment 7864535
They do look great! Bonus - they may fit beneath the side plates of the full Rhino roof rack.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7864533View attachment 7864534View attachment 7864535
I really like these, although £50 just for the brackets seems a little steep (or I'm just being cheap), but either way, after I spend another few hours wasting time looking at worse options, I'll probably buy them :ROFLMAO:

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have added a pair of Baja Designs S2 Sport lights with Amber Work/Scene lenses to the rear end of the grab bars on the roof. They are attached to the rails with the Brcovan Light Bar Mounts that Jeffery in Santa Barbara recommends and controlled by the EXT 3 Switch. I hope they will prove useful as:
1. ‘chase lights’ on dusty trails
2. supplement to OEM reverse light and,
3. area light when setting up camp

Attachments

• IMG_9356.jpeg
    IMG_9356.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9353.jpeg
    IMG_9353.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9350.jpeg
    IMG_9350.jpeg