The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Work light on roof grab bar

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:27 PM
Reaction score
+1 for Stedi Cube.

I have one each side, bolted to bottom of Front Runner rack such that I can swivel them.

Very happy with spread & power of the light, esp. during camping.
Me too. I have the “diffused” lens pattern and really like it. I would say it is too bright for a camp light, but I like soft/low light around camp.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
I tried to order the teralume lights with shipping to the US but I'm getting "that payment method did not work". Tried a few times. Also they are out of the bar mount.

Maybe I'll wait a week or so and see if they have the mount back in stock.
No one knows of a US domestic equivalent source?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
I tried to order the teralume lights with shipping to the US but I'm getting "that payment method did not work". Tried a few times. Also they are out of the bar mount.

Maybe I'll wait a week or so and see if they have the mount back in stock.
No one knows of a US domestic equivalent source?
The Teralume lights are not exclusive to Teralume. I have seen other suppliers here and here and here and here, but in Australia. I think someone posted an Aliexpress link as well - not 100% sure on that point.

The strip lights are available from DRIFTA Europe here.

EDIT: DRIFTA send to the US and Canada. The stripe lights are sold by DRIFTA here. There are dimmable and non-dimmable models.

Last edited:

Kverheyen

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone has a recommendation for a decent led light to mount either on the roof rack or the roof grab bar?

I don't want to mount a small light bar typically used as a forward spotlight, I need think they are much too strong. Ideally I seek something that can be dimmed or something that isn't super bright or high wattage.

I've been looking but haven't found anything so far. I'd use it at camp and as a work light. A dimmable light would be awesome, I would even hook up a control box that can dim just for the moments when I need dimming but I don't know if something like that exists for 12v lighting the way it exists for my 110v house led bulbs.
I installed Baja Designs Squadron Pro's. https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-pro-black-led-auxiliary-light-pod-pair-universal/.
They are amazing

Attachments

• image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 43

QRgren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What mount did you use? Are you happy with the light projection? I ordered the same S2 pros and was curious if it’s the right lens type
I’m running the worklight version of S2 Pro. Output meets my needs.

Clamp is noted below. I removed the plastic tube that comes with the clamp and used a rubber insert cut to the same size of the plastic (flat piece rolled up). I also put a couple of coats of matte black rustoleum before installing.

GS Power Tube Clamp Brackets... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0787NWBM3/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I used this clamps. Much less wide and seem to be just as stable mount for the ARB work light. Cheap too. The first set was much too wide and made for 1-2" bars, this is a more suitable design.
Amazon: https://a.co/d/0ic101mq

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
Here is what mine look like installed on the Leitner rack with the mounting brackets from Leitner. The rack and brackets are amazing quality. I used the KC lights and just swapped out the DT to DTP plugs. I am going ot add another light to each side and you can see the additional brackets in the pictures. Just waiting for the lights to come one.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpeg
    IMG_0102.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0101.jpeg
    IMG_0101.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0100.jpeg
    IMG_0100.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26

QRgren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I used this clamps. Much less wide and seem to be just as stable mount for the ARB work light. Cheap too. The first set was much too wide and made for 1-2" bars, this is a more suitable design.
Amazon: https://a.co/d/0ic101mq
I tried this route initially as well and had the same issue of trying to get them to fit. Good to know these are stable using the referenced link.

I ended up using the ones I noted as they have a slotted groove that joins the two metal pieces and gets clamped via screws from the top (rather than the backside) which made for easier access. The S2s are wide enough for the mount so it doesn’t look out of place.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
You're absolutely right, mounting it took me a second until I figured out how to do it.

Put both screws in but only tighten them lightly, 2 turns or so each. You need to rotate the clamp to access the screws. Tighten the back upper screw very tight while having the clamp rotated for access.

Once tight rotate it over the bar to position, then tighten the remaining lower screw. Access should be from the bottom. The mounting plate for the light should be pointing up. I had mine about vertical. You can screw it in very tight with the hex key to the point where it won't rotate on the bar. When done attach the light bracket to the bar.

I used locktite red since the threads didn't quite reach the plastic portion of the locknut on the ARB supplied bracket and screw. The handle bar mount is a bit thicker than the roof rack mounts that I think ARB was envisioned that they would mount to.

I think what makes these work is that they aren't requiring a huge rubber insert to fit around the bar. It's a relatively small rubber insert.

Fwiw I like the light output on the ARB lights. Not too strong, not too weak, just about right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom