The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
I love the 4x4 knowledge of @AWo and his opinions. I agree with more than 90% of what he says.
I love my Grenadier, but indeed the car is very expensive.
I am not happy with the way INEOS treated us early customers: promises not kept, incompetent externalized customer support, my dealer is NOT a 4x4 dealer, etc.
And ... that seat problem is indeed dramatical for a young company like Ineos Automotive.
I am very curious what solution they will find!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have an update on the factory?
Do we know if it’s still occupied by some staff maintaining it or it it completely vacant?
Is there still inventory there being shipped out from there? My dealer claims he is still getting cars to the end of the year.
Does anyone know if all the dealerships will be closing when they run out of cars to sell?
I am suppose to be buying one of these on Monday and they go out of business is my biggest concern
Do any of you feel that there will be parts made by someone to keep these running?
Repair/replacement parts don't come from the factory. If they aren't in stock in the US warehouse, they come from the parts warehouse in Belgium, if they aren't in stock there, they are being built/assembled at their subsequent supplier.

The statements made earlier indicated a factory shut down until the end of the year, with the presumption that ~3 months is enough time to figure out a solution moving forward.

Given that they just started selling in China and will also add Mexico before the end of the year would indicate there are no plans to permanently stop production or go out of business.

Dealers (in the US) have plenty of vehicles to sell between those that are on dealer lots, at the ports in the US and Belgium, as well as probably still a number at the factory awaiting shipment to the port.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
I love the 4x4 knowledge of @AWo and his opinions. I agree with more than 90% of what he says.
I love my Grenadier, but indeed the car is very expensive.
I am not happy with the way INEOS treated us early customers: promises not kept, incompetent externalized customer support, my dealer is NOT a 4x4 dealer, etc.
And ... that seat problem is indeed dramatical for a young company like Ineos Automotive.
I am very curious what solution they will find!
Ok I thought we were done with this subject? 🤷‍♂️

I certainly have the time and could keep posting about it, but I don’t think Stu_Barnes will like it! 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
This thread has taught me that many Americans love to gossip, argue and write extremely long letters to each other.
The rest of us just scribble one liners and enjoy driving and fiddling with our cars.
It's a car forum 🫠

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
This thread has taught me that many Americans love to gossip, argue and write extremely long letters to each other.
The rest of us just scribble one liners and enjoy driving and fiddling with our cars.
It's a car forum 🫠
How's this....Yes

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
It's a car forum 🫠
Guilty as charged!! Sorry……but i definitely enjoy driving my Grenny’s!! Even on days I have no appointments or plans, I HAVE to run some kind of errand just to get behind the wheel!!!

1729456514423.gif

Back
Top Bottom