The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
MattA, do you own a Grenadier? I’m not saying you can’t come on this forum and say what you want, but the grim outlook you write about comes from someone outside looking in (if indeed you don’t own one). Because if you owned one, you know how much pleasure it brings you and whether the negative Nannie’s try their hardest to make prospective buyers shy away from this AWESOME vehicle, there will be us that do own one and will champion their greatness!! Yes I am saying it, less than 2 year old vehicle is GREAT!! It’s like someone who talks crap about a certain country, but has never been or puts down a restaurant but never ate there. I know not all owners are in love with these vehicles, but I believe it is a very high percentage!!
No I don’t own one, if the service manual, parts and service centres were all in a better situation I might but then I read the endless threads in the electrical section of this forum and it puts the nail in the coffin for me at this point
I just say it as I see it
And yes I will definitely own one if they resolve all the issues before the company folds

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:10 PM
Reaction score
No I don’t own one, if the service manual, parts and service centres were all in a better situation I might but then I read the endless threads in the electrical section of this forum and it puts the nail in the coffin for me at this point
I just say it as I see it
And yes I will definitely own one if they resolve all the issues before the company folds
Yet here I am saying I have TWO with NONE of these issues & I drive one of them daily (take turns obviously 😉). You also contribute to the negativity of this brand and I believe it has an affect on possible buyers who use this forum to help with their decision to buy or not. Btw, “endless” threads? 🤷‍♂️ yes there are “some” that have had issues, but I would suggest those are a much smaller number than those of us with none (I am not counting the minor issues that the upcoming software update will elevate). I am a big proponent for free speech, but when you’re constantly being negative about something, and you just admitted you are not buying one now, what is your true purpose on this forum? If you are not an owner or will be one (when you make a comment like “before the company folds” I know you will never be a buyer), what’s going to be your contribution other than the continued posting negativity? Just curious…..

AWo

Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
Mr. Blümle, the liquidator of Recaro, published information that a few investors are interested in Recaro. But, these are only interested in the brand. The manufacturing site in Kircheim/Teck, Germany, is pretty much lost.
I quote (translated into English) Mr. Blümle: "There is no chance to save the production without further orders from the only customer Ineos". So if Ineos stopped production because Recaro had problems....why can the Recaro production only survive with Ineos? Ineos should be keen to place orders to start again which would save the production of Recaro, wouldn't it?

Here is the link, read it yourself: https://www.automobilwoche.de/automobilzulieferer/recaro-investoren-marke-interessiert
That is an automotive business magazine you have to pay for, but maybe the one or the other uses this site.

Sorry folks, but it seems to me, as Ineos stopped ordering....

AWo

Last edited:

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mr. Blümle, the liquidator of Recaro, published information that a few investors are interested in Recaro. But, these are only interested in the brand. The manufacturing site in Kircheim/Teck, Germany, is pretty much lost.
And now, I quote (tranlated into English): "There is no chance to save the production without further orders from the only customer Ineos". Again, that is a quote. So if Ineos stopped production because Recaro had problems....why can the Recaro production only survive with Ineos? Ineos should bee keen to place order to start again, right?

To critical people, here is the link, read it yourself: https://www.automobilwoche.de/automobilzulieferer/recaro-investoren-marke-interessiert

AWo
1729179895419.jpeg

Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
I quote (translated into English) Mr. Blümle: "There is no chance to save the production without further orders from the only customer Ineos". So if Ineos stopped production because Recaro had problems....why can the Recaro production only survive with Ineos? Ineos should bee keen to place order to start again, right?

To critical people, here is the link, read it yourself: https://www.automobilwoche.de/automobilzulieferer/recaro-investoren-marke-interessiert
That is an automotive business magazine you have to pay for, but maybe the one or the other uses this site.

AWo

It seems interesting that Ineos wouldn’t place a large order just to jumpstart the production lane.

Unless they just decided to completely scrap the premium associated with the seats and just produce something in-house and test certify as fast as possible.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
It seems interesting that Ineos wouldn’t place a large order just to jumpstart the production lane.

Unless they just decided to completely scrap the premium associated with the seats and just produce something in-house and test certify as fast as possible.

I think you are likely to be correct. With the long term viability of Recaro in doubt, it seems IA decided to go elsewhere.

I think the deal with BMW was to supply those engines for 10 years, that indicates that they are looking for longer term deals, probably across the board.

AWo

Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
When the Recaro production can survive with Ineos, you say Ineos turns away without an alternative for a product without problems, stops their production for months just at the time they start in China and Mexico?

My 2 cts are, not only Recaro needs funding....

AWo

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
Putting my business hat on, I wonder if Ineos is restructuring the deal once VW corporation pulled out. If they want to buy it, why not buy it at a much lower premium. Or buy the name and move the manufacturer to a different location. Or buy the designs which we already certified and have someone else build them and don't call them Recaro. Both sides are kicking for best possible outcome.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
You could also work a deal with China. We open dealership with favorable conditions and you produce our seats.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I quote (translated into English) Mr. Blümle: "There is no chance to save the production without further orders from the only customer Ineos". So if Ineos stopped production because Recaro had problems....why can the Recaro production only survive with Ineos? Ineos should be keen to place orders to start again which would save the production of Recaro, wouldn't it?

Here is the link, read it yourself: https://www.automobilwoche.de/automobilzulieferer/recaro-investoren-marke-interessiert

AWo
I wouldn’t just place a big order if I were Ineos - it’s not a viable long-term plan or partnership. You can’t keep that plant running just on Ineos orders. They need to get the specs and production license out of this as part of liquidation - grab that and have someone else build it to spec - that dramatically simplifies certification. But Recaro is probably equally trying to force them to rescue the whole operation or put an extortionist price on the specs and license. Just the bankruptcy dance that always happens.

Local time
Reaction score
Putting my business hat on, I wonder if Ineos is restructuring the deal once VW corporation pulled out. If they want to buy it, why not buy it at a much lower premium. Or buy the name and move the manufacturer to a different location. Or buy the designs which we already certified and have someone else build them and don't call them Recaro. Both sides are kicking for best possible outcome.
Exactly what % of production cost do you think are seats? They are base seats. Nothing is adjustable. As cheap as can be made, and still have recaro stamped on them. Stopping production of the entire car line for MINIMUM of three months costs a f**k ton more than just buying the seats to keep the supplier open, especially when the whole idea of the assembly was to NOT OWN ANY OF IT. The idea was to shed everything BUT the body and chassis to to suppliers, to keep it lean and mean. Minimum employees. Minimum legacy costs. Minimum facilities. Minimum investment.

This is all fucking horrid news if its true.

Funny, I was talking to fella yesterday in the parking lot, that drives a fisker ocean. "we're bankrupt, at least yours is just a stoppage" he says.

Local time
Reaction score
Interesting isn’t it, Ineos stopped production allegedly due to Recaro going belly up and not being able to provide seats.
Then Recaro liquidators claim Recaro had to close due to Ineos stopping orders
Chicken or the egg?
It will be interesting to see if as claimed by some in a earlier posts, am I just being negative or a realist who can see the writing on the wall
Time will tell as they say

Local time
Reaction score
Speaking of business hat. Existing stock isn't worth a shit if they go under now. The Fisker mentioned above was 71g according to him, and he said it's worth maybe 20g now. We have no idea the debt load Sir Jimmy has in this.

Has it occurred to anyone there's a possibility the restart is a story to delay lawsuits from franchises and move existing stock at as high a price as possible??? it certainly wouldnt be the first time a company just up and dies without anyone knowing, and as a totally private entity, they don't have anyone like shareholders they are obligated to report to, so, fraud is much less a legal issue. I don't know, but hearing this news I'm feeling more fisker than warm and fuzzy at the moment.

Local time
Reaction score
Yet here I am saying I have TWO with NONE of these issues & I drive one of them daily (take turns obviously 😉). You also contribute to the negativity of this brand and I believe it has an affect on possible buyers who use this forum to help with their decision to buy or not. Btw, “endless” threads? 🤷‍♂️ yes there are “some” that have had issues, but I would suggest those are a much smaller number than those of us with none (I am not counting the minor issues that the upcoming software update will elevate). I am a big proponent for free speech, but when you’re constantly being negative about something, and you just admitted you are not buying one now, what is your true purpose on this forum? If you are not an owner or will be one (when you make a comment like “before the company folds” I know you will never be a buyer), what’s going to be your contribution other than the continued posting negativity? Just curious…..
What are your thoughts now with this new development?
What are you bringing to the forum?

Local time
Reaction score
Upfront, clearly, I'm holding one.

What's he bring to the forum?

Well, he did say they stopped production to drum up interest.

Of course, the irony being, when production stops, it will always lead to fiscal stability speculation, which in turn always kills demand.

Always.

P.S. It isnt like MattA is shorting the Duke brothers attempt to corner the orange market because he "knows something" and is spilling the beans. We all see whats going on.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Positivity and truth thru being an actual owner and driving one every day!!! Not just stating negative posts from someone who does not own or drive one daily and only comes on here to bash the vehicle and/or company. Like I have said before, it’s your right to say what you want, but the exact same rights that afford you that privilege also provides me the same rights to be positive about the vehicle. One thing that will NEVER change no matter what negatively you spew from any of your accounts, is how much I LOVE to drive this vehicle. Mr. Negative nanny (my new name for whoever you are, I think you have multiple accounts on here and post negativity from them all, but hey I’m just a simple man what do I know?), you think this is a “new development”? There have been so many rumors and accusations from so many people (press, forum posters, YouTubers, etc etc) and none of us know the real reason for the temp halt. I already posted my honest thought about what’s going on in another long thread and it’s not even favorable to Ineos. But none of that matters as it will still not change the way I feel about these vehicles. I think Sir. James is a very smart man with a lot of money and I don’t think he is the kind of person who likes to lose at anything. So if he has to invest more or make changes I really think it will happen. If I am wrong I have zero doubt you will be on here posting about it from all of your accounts all over the forum. We shall see in 2025 who is right. I am planning on adding to my Ineos stable and getting a 3rd via a Quartermaster. So I’m all in baby!!!! Hate away…….🤘👋😁

Back
Top Bottom