The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
I've jumped through some of the video, and the information is just flat out wrong
Please tell us what’s wrong, curious. Would like to pull trigger on one but concerned about shut down. Seems like it would be hard to just flip a switch to start back up after 8 months of downtime

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
Please tell us what’s wrong, curious. Would like to pull trigger on one but concerned about shut down. Seems like it would be hard to just flip a switch to start back up after 8 months of downtime
RoadKing.....you will love the Grenadier. We are now at 1 month of ownership and our local dealer, Red Noland, has been incredible! No issues with now 1500 miles on ours.

I personally have zero issues with our Grenadier. Take a test drive and see for yourself. If it is for YOU and your lifestyle then get it!

For what we love to do is find areas that the "Honda Civic/Subaru Crosstrek" cant go. Personally I absolutely LOVE the steering off-road. On the highway it takes about a week or so to get used to the steering if you are coming from an X5 or any other SUV.

We researched and test drove the current Defender, Bronco....the Lexus GX550 is also a very capable vehicle.......we decided upon our Grenadier and haven't looked back!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
The fact that "sales people" have a software update that makes ADAS settings persistent across ignition cycles was the first thing. Even US INEOS employees, let alone dealers, don't have this software update, it just doesn't exist

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
It’s actually not. I have factories all over Europe. The “short-work” insurance programs offered by government allows employers to retain their employees on payroll - it’s reduced, but high enough to where you don’t have big attrition numbers. It provides stability for the employee, and allows the employer to restart much faster. The Hambach team are professionals. Either Ineos buys out the Recaro operation, or gets a license to the design and finds a 3rd party to build the seats, or provides a liquidity bridge, or an alternate supplier - and then assembly reboots. I’ve been through it a few times, myself. I think the more important questions are about the strategy for the service network, and the EV 2030 deadline, and what that means in terms of their market mix and production site strategy - the seat thing has an effect now, but i don’t think is really something that will derail them.

Back
Top Bottom