The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
Ha! yea, ok. Sell that theory to anyone that has to run around in an ill fitted army pack. Postural fatigue is the lowest effort torture there is.
Interesting. So you’re saying that a flabby person will fair better than a fit and muscular person in your torture example? Unintuitive, but could be true. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:49 PM
Reaction score
I find it odd that you spend so much time writing long posts here when you don't plan to buy.

You are generally negative, and with your pseudo engineering perspective you really come across as a troll.

Live is short, spend time elsewhere on things you enjoy. We will all be happier. ;)
Nah, I reckon he comes across as a German. I like what @AWo brings to the forum, his straight shooting insights are worth the read. The global car industry is being turned upside down by the Chinese and Germany will be at the centre of this upheaval, getting updates from a German perspective (in English) is great.

Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
My 24 Raptor R has Recaro seats. Had dinner with the owner of the dealership last week and he didn’t mention anything about Ford having a problem. Going to call him tomorrow.

Maybe a buying opportunity for Ineos👍🏻

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
I really question the 20,000 car sales mentioned in that article. In how many countries the Grenadier is sold? If you consider Germany, the UK, Australia and the US as the biggest markets, you will not reach 15,000 units in this year, assumed the production would continue. Germany saw 1,754 units up to end of August,adding around 40 to 50 units per month. So another 200, ending up with 2.000 at years end. How much ended up in the UK? Let's assume generous 2.000 until end of August (and we know that number is lower). That means all other markets have to absorb 15,000 to 16,000 units? Serious?

I don't buy that number.

BTW: Each and every problem which needs to be fixed by the dealer means lost money for IA. And it seems there are still a lot of fixings necessary, Companies have to put an accruel aside for each vehicle, based on some calculation for that purpose. Money bound for a certain amount of time and which may be lost, if needed. Another question is if the caclulation fits to the money needed to fix problems. If, that's fine. If not, each sold car makes that worse as it sucks more money out as is stored in the accrual.

AWo
I don’t buy the 20,000 number either. They only made 4553 in 2023. 2022 was a very low production year. I seriously doubt they pumped out 15000 (tripled production) in 2024. Guessing - and just a guess - there are 12000-ish world-wide right now. - Mark

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:49 PM
Reaction score
I don’t buy the 20,000 number either. They only made 4553 in 2023. 2022 was a very low production year. I seriously doubt they pumped out 15000 (tripled production) in 2024. Guessing - and just a guess - there are 12000-ish world-wide right now. - Mark
People on this forum have posted their VINs ; e.g. someone in August with a VIN in the 21,000 ballpark

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
I find it odd that you spend so much time writing long posts here when you don't plan to buy.

You are generally negative, and with your pseudo engineering perspective you really come across as a troll.

Live is short, spend time elsewhere on things you enjoy. We will all be happier. ;)
AWo is a long time member of this forum with a huge knowledge of technical issues, 4x4 specific details and over more deep insights into the INEOS world.
He has been involved in the Grenadier project long before than probably 99,99% of all forum members and shares this knowledge with us although he decided long ago that he would not buy a Grenadier. He helped with the organisation of Grenadier meetings in the past and probably will in future (@AWo: I would appreciate that 😀) so while he has his (well founded) sceptical views on the project he is an active, productive and positive thinking member of this forum who brings in his unique perspective as an valuable input.
By the way he owns different 4x4 from old Defender to a big truck and uses his equipment for overlanding trips frequently. If you are interested you can find his website with very good articles about technical solutions, rebuilding/upgrading vehicles and interesting off-road gear here: https://matsch-und-piste.de (in German)

I am not a friend of AWo and I only met him once in person. We probably do not agree on each other in every detail about the Grenadier. But in my opinion it is either careless, mean or stupid to write that he has a “pseudo engineering perspective” or is a troll.
To tell people to leave the forum because they share an opposing opinion to your own (whatever that might be) said something about yourself (have a look some lines above)
Best regards
bemax

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I find his posts interesting to read. He clearly is interested in a quartermaster but decided for option b and bought a Hilux. In my view a big mistake to go with the safer but boring bet. But thats me. Everyone has his view. It’s fine!

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
In my view a big mistake to go with the safer but boring bet.
In fact, you're right. Let me explain....
We have a whole bunch of Land Rovers, the most reliable of all car brands worldwide. And an old rickety Land Cruiser. All private owned. When my wife came back from the Ineos-Huesca-Hambach trip she wanted to have a Quartermaster to replace our company D-MAX. However, we can not afford another car with problems. At least where the possibility is high, that this car is often in the workshop. It is a presentation car and a company car, we rely on.

Then there is the price. The Hilux ist 20-25k Euros cheaper with higher load, a global support infrastructure, a lot of equipment and all modern conveniences. I was never ever as impressed by a car as when I opened the hood of the Hilux. Pipes and wires are fixed, not clipsed by some plastic clips. Clean, space, the look in the engine bay created so much confidence. Never saw such a clean and rigid looking engine bay. The only thing I need to take care about, a real drawback, is rust protection. But the whole Dinitrol stuff is already at hand, ready to be applied.

I didn't see the Quartermaster at that point, yet. Maybe in three to five years, when a new choice has to be made.

The official explanation so far....

AWo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom