The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
If Ineos has to move to a different seat supplier the existing mounting points for the seats may not work with the new seats.
It would be a total mess if they manufacture the vehicles and then can't fit seats.
I think it is a very sensible decision to halt production.
It was only a few years ago we saw images of vehicles manufactured without microchips sitting in fields and parking lots.

View attachment 7870711 View attachment 7870712
Exactly, that's how it is!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
We have one in the neighbouring town. And the owner has the same problem every year when he has to attach the large magnetic sign with the start number to the doors at the rallye. He now always has double-sided adhesive tape next to the flux compensator. :ROFLMAO:
Fun fact: In the Back to the Future movie they had to use a Porsche 928 V8 engine sound to appear credible 😁
I've got that sound, without the attached DeLorean!

AWo

Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
Ineos as a group are very profitable.
Not now, not in Europe since last year.
Plus very, very expensive projects where also is a lot of trouble, like the new cracker plant in Antwerp or the joint venture with SINOPEC in China with a new plant to be build. These two eat up very, very much money. We're talking about Billions here... and at least Antwerp is facing huge delays and problems.

Rumors? I wouldn't call it that way. A supplier or sales partner gives nothing about when Ineos has planned to become profitable. They need to get paid on time.

AWo

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
Fun fact: In the Back to the Future movie they had to use a Porsche 928 V8 engine sound to appear credible 😁
I've got that sound, without the attached DeLorean!
If I had the choice, I would definitely prefer the 928.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
Look at it this way: added exclusivity and increased value due to rarity! 😂
This also came to my mind. Slowing down production before expanding to new markets might help keeping prices up. It forces dealers not to play their usual discounts game. Which is good for Ineos and in the end also good for us because the car will keep it's value....

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
If I had the choice, I would definitely prefer the 928.
Mine is a 1981...DeLorean era, use it regularly. The V8 is indestructible and the rest is built like a bank vault...very much like a Grenadier in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom