The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hope to know Transfer Case directions

Grenadian

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
Hello? I am a Grenadier beginner.
I want to use the center diff lock. but I don't know the direction to move the selector of the transfer case.
Please tell me the five directions, starting from normal, high, high lock, low, and low lock.
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• transfer case.png
    transfer case.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 9

Walter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused—are you driving left-hand or right-hand? The photo in your first post looks like a right-hand drive Grenadier, but the one in your second post shows left-hand drive.
Anyway, you can’t switch directly from H/L to L/L. You need to be in Low Range mode first to activate L/L. The selector doesn’t move in a circular pattern.
IMG_5698.jpg

Snipewench

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
Normally, the transfer case lever will be in the "H" position, which means the transfer case is in High unlocked.

If you lift the spring latch under the knob up towards the knob, you will unlock the transfer case lever, and can now move the lever to either the "L" position, or the "H" Lock position.

If you move it to the "L" position (so pull the lever straight down), the transfer case will be in Low Unlocked. If you move the lever horizontally, you'll set the transfer case to the High Locked position.

In either of these two positions, you can then move the lever to the "L" Lock position, which means the transfer case will be Low Locked.

The "Lock" word means the transfer case is in the locked position (either High Locked or Low Locked) - it will spin the driveshaft to the rear diff, and the driveshaft to the front diff.

In order to lock the rear diff, you need to set the vehicle into Offroad Mode via the offroad switch, and then Rear Diff Lock switch, both on the upper panel. Until you do those switches, the diffs will remain unlocked. There are some excellent videos on Youtube by Robert Pepper (L2SFBC) regarding 4WD diff locking concepts and how they affect vehicle traction.

Snipewench

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
One example of the use of High Locked is for engine braking on downhill stretches of track. I did a trip down the Bridle Track here in Australia, and some sections of the track are steep downhill, so I set the vehicle to Offroad Mode, and engaged High Locked. The result of this was not requiring much brake pedal, effectively just idling the vehicle down the hill slowly slowly.

Grenadian

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused—are you driving left-hand or right-hand? The photo in your first post looks like a right-hand drive Grenadier, but the one in your second post shows left-hand drive.
Anyway, you can’t switch directly from H/L to L/L. You need to be in Low Range mode first to activate L/L. The selector doesn’t move in a circular pattern.
View attachment 7875303
Wow! Your pictures and descriptions are perfect. In Korea, the driver's seat is on the left. The pictures I attached are screenshots from the user manual. Thank you very much.

Grenadian

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Normally, the transfer case lever will be in the "H" position, which means the transfer case is in High unlocked.

If you lift the spring latch under the knob up towards the knob, you will unlock the transfer case lever, and can now move the lever to either the "L" position, or the "H" Lock position.

If you move it to the "L" position (so pull the lever straight down), the transfer case will be in Low Unlocked. If you move the lever horizontally, you'll set the transfer case to the High Locked position.

In either of these two positions, you can then move the lever to the "L" Lock position, which means the transfer case will be Low Locked.

The "Lock" word means the transfer case is in the locked position (either High Locked or Low Locked) - it will spin the driveshaft to the rear diff, and the driveshaft to the front diff.

In order to lock the rear diff, you need to set the vehicle into Offroad Mode via the offroad switch, and then Rear Diff Lock switch, both on the upper panel. Until you do those switches, the diffs will remain unlocked. There are some excellent videos on Youtube by Robert Pepper (L2SFBC) regarding 4WD diff locking concepts and how they affect vehicle

Hello, very kind explanation. In Korea, I have to operate the lever with my right hand on the left-hand drive seat. However, the picture in the Korean manual I had was reversed, so it was hard to understand. Now I understand. I received the car on October 23rd. Thank you for your reply.

Back
Top Bottom