The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Spotted

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
@emax could not agree more on this. There are stories to be told in what can go wrong. My problem I am not permitted to tell anything about my experience so. One topic on experience, a former employer told me, the SAP consultants get a company car and some more benefits because I can charge almost double the amount of a normal software developer in SQL or C++ (one like me) At that time I did a lot in the very bottom of the systems - like writing special drivers to network cards, packets, and other stuff. - Noone will notice. As long as does the job. No Business Department, No Projects, - no Parties, was here there.. he kept pushing me.. then I was in a very special project in a large customer. There were a load of so called experts hired from a consulting company much larger than the one that I was employed at. But at an occasion I had a chat with one of those guys. The experts hat just a 6 weeks course in the product and sold as experts.
So that has happened often enough. But on the opposite - doing an IT project its quite a lot more than just download install and configure.
Most companies do not do proper master data quality, - process chain and impact and lineage analysis.
This has even effects - so improper calculation of weight.. may impact on freight papers or payload.. - Entire processes. And the push from management - Get it cheap.. But a proper project means define the capability first, - what is what I need, then how long does it take to get it und finally on what cost. QoS and liability.. - rather low. The problem if cheap one doesnt deliver, gets an indent, - oh we go out of business and create a new company... so.. that is software quality..

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
All well known things, I can confirm. That's why I decided work freelance.

When I worked for a large investment banking project, I had to fly to Geneva every week. On board there were often around a dozen software developers and consultants on the way to the same customer - which only became clear when we arrived there (located directly on Lac Geneve - with a great view of Mont Blanc) because we mostly didn't know each other.

It turned out that our daily rates fluctuated “somewhat”: from 1000 DM/day to over 3000 DM/day (which was a lot in the time). The higher rates were paid to KPMG employees, for example. I am allowed to say this here because I was not a KPMG employee and this information was not subject to a confidentiality agreement. Plus, that was almost 30 years ago.

In any case, as an example, one of these employees was a young woman of 28 years old. Her most striking attributes were hidden under her sweater. And she was a really beautiful woman.

But - sadly, sadly - she even got confused with the decimal places at percent and per mille. She regularly forgot her passwords, and her English was...well, funny.

One can only guess why she received her extraordinary daily rate. But it was nice to look at her. 🤷‍♂️

But there were also really good people (developers, analysts) among them. You could almost tell by their appearance: the good ones had real three-day beards because they had to spend all night working hard to get ahead. And their shirts looked pitiful in the evening (it was a hot summer). The others, on the other hand, were just styled - with Alden shoes, ties from Hermès, and shirts from Montcler, Burberry, Zegna ... and, above all, had (very important) meetings, meetings, meetings...

I estimate that the whole thing cost the customer around 25,000 DM per day. I think it would have cost half as much if the duds had been left out. And somewhere in that chain is one or more link which makes for a good or not so good result: a broken configurator, invalid invoices, you name it.

In this industry it is no different than anywhere else. There is a difference however in what a zero-performance person costs compared to a tradesman.

Last edited:

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dear friends - this is a thread topic Grenadier Spotted.
However it has now moved to "IT issues and problems in Automotive Industry and elsewhere"

Perhaps we can move the part regarding IT into the general chatter area?
Unfortunately since the Grenadier is on the road I spotted only one.. my gun smith spotted already 2 in East Hesse, and another friend of mine who runs a construction and planning company spotted already a few more. He is indeed considering to purchase each a 2 seater and a quartermaster for professional use (surveyor / landscaping business ) So he is eager to see mine soon.

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Spotted on 16/10 while on route to work in jebel ali freezone / port, Dubai, UAE.
Finally seeing them on the road !

Attachments

• IMG_6944.jpeg
    IMG_6944.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 87

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
I saw a Donny Grey or Black one with a roofrack this evening about 1.5 miles from my house; I was driving my wife's Fiat 500C, so waved with no obvious effect.
Jeremy, I don't think the driver ignored you at all. I think they couldn't see you because of the height difference between the Grenadier and the Fiat.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I had my first encounter with a dark one on B11 in Icking a few days ago. My first one from Grenadier to Grenadier. I don’t know if the other one was as excited as excited as I was. But we exchanged polite waves, of course.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Spotted my first one today, B29 near Weinstadt east of Stuttgart. Donny Grey, roof rack. Only had a few seconds. Drove my Passat for the first time today after >4500km in the Grenadier. Man, what a tiny nutshell, and what a limited view with my butt just a few mm above the blacktop....

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Spotted my first one today, B29 near Weinstadt east of Stuttgart. Donny Grey, roof rack. Only had a few seconds. Drove my Passat for the first time today after >4500km in the Grenadier. Man, what a tiny nutshell, and what a limited view with my butt just a few mm above the blacktop....
I had the same impression with our T6 which I had not driven in a while. Seems like a toy car now.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
Seen a very fancy Grey with mat black accents going South on the A1 towards Newry , was unfortunatley getting off at Applegreenn for a fill up ( in true Jean way i was running on fumes and could not follow ) .

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
Dark Blue one in Heathrow T2/3 Business parking on Tuesday afternoon

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
Half an hour ago in Stuttgart in front of the main station. One in mushroom and one in sela green. I was the green Discovery 4 that flashed its headlights at you a few times. I was standing on the hard shoulder with a police bus behind me. Maybe you are also here in the forum?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
I spotted this one yesterday on my way to work.
Hang on a minute , that's mine.
But now I'm about to catch a plane to New Zealand , and am starting to suffer separation anxiety 😏

Attachments

• 20231018_173455.jpg
    20231018_173455.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 65

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today saw the first red ig in vicenza with external sand plates with german licence plate.
I'm sure that was another one of those who thinks he's losing his grip in the urban jungle. You see this more often in Germany, because hardly any country roads are asphalted. 🤪

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure that was another one of those who thinks he's losing his grip in the urban jungle. You see this more often in Germany, because hardly any country roads are asphalted. 🤪
I think that in Germany hardly any country road is NOT asphalted, but probably I didn’t search enough ;)

Local time
Reaction score
Spotted on 16/10 while on route to work in jebel ali freezone / port, Dubai, UAE.
Finally seeing them on the road !
Ras Al Khamei investor visa, I applied and never heard back. If you know the King, please put in a word for me!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Pfk
Back
Top Bottom