The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Servicing Price Australia

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
$1,175.61 (incl GST)

EDIT:
Looking at the invoice more closely ...
Petrol Type 'A' Service: $325.50 (+GST)
Parts: $696.77 (+GST)

(I was quoted $995 + $200 (ish) for axel oil but the breakdown is actually a little difference. I was focused on the quote and then final figure, but the breakdown is slightly different - apologies)

Wouldn't it be great to be able to get access to all the tech bulletins!!
Ok you got taken for a ride on parts. Parts total AUD is $340 if you buy it all yourself... mechs get big discounts for the volume of stock they push so damnnnn.

nzmark

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
Ok you got taken for a ride on parts. Parts total AUD is $340 if you buy it all yourself... mechs get big discounts for the volume of stock they push so damnnnn.
Possibly, but I am conscious of warranty, having been bitten before. I am happy to go with their pricing until the warranty is over, then it's up to me what I do. I just don't want a fight with a new car (and new in the sense that it's still got its teething issues) and being told that they won't honour the warranty because "unauthorised maintenance using non-recommended parts have been undertaken".

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Possibly, but I am conscious of warranty, having been bitten before. I am happy to go with their pricing until the warranty is over, then it's up to me what I do. I just don't want a fight with a new car (and new in the sense that it's still got its teething issues) and being told that they won't honour the warranty because "unauthorised maintenance using non-recommended parts have been undertaken".
Ah yeah in OZ that is illegal. If maintenance carried out by MTA authorised, then warranty applies.

Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
The joy of Sydney having one dealer $1300, Gosford $1340. Wollongong now closed. Newcastle no service technician. Orange I don't recall. That's for diesel 12month/15000km
Orange $815. 15K, June 2024,

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
Well first service carried out. I went for an ineos agent service, more so to ensure software updates and all checks were carried out. Lucky i did, As It was confirmed on the day I was in the transfer case recall. (Communication would be nice before embarking on a big trip) As I'm not aware how catastrophic it could turn with defective transfer. (They did assure it wasn't so much a concern but precaution from tremec) Also One dealer did mention I may require it after I quoted my vin, also my vin wasn't on recall list that has circled.

It was a 2 day service, loan car provided which was great (pre-booked). All checks carried out and service completed. A few gripes, still obviously cost, but meh, to ensure warranty and have transfer case replaced I'll wear it. Plus it's a new company and new car so I feel a little safer. By my next service hopefully we have more clarity warranty etc in writing to give the option to service closer to home if I choose or need to.

2nd, I have to return for a wheel alignment that was reported in first week of ownership and I kept reminding them about. however service department didn't want to have to pay for it, even though it was delivered offset, so a little frustrating as now I have to make to a return trip after having them agree again to have it corrected at their cost. (This has now been completed and spot on)

Only other concern, my passenger side fender (to access oil filter) is scratched, the whole top mainly, assuming from service blanket. Paint had been corrected and ceramic coated...making it quite obvious in certain lighting. So again a little frustrating. It will be looked at and assessed but as the drivers isn't scratched at all I'm sure it occured in service. So will look to have ppf on top wings, or checker plate As it will happen each service...

My advice before servicing elsewhere:
- Call multiple agents and check for any recalls or what checks will be carried out (they won't send you anything but will let you know over the phone)

Advice for servicing at agent.
Call in advance to ensure a loan car is allocated if it's required.

So some good and some bad... But half expected for a new company. Hanging in there, and hopefully it gets better. Communication and reputation are very important to survive and I want ineos to survive so badly. The service team have come to the table on my concerns and I did try to give some advice well feedback in my opinion. Hopefully they listened and I wasn't just a OCD maniac in their eyes.

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well first service carried out. I went for an ineos agent service, more so to ensure software updates and all checks were carried out. Lucky i did, As It was confirmed on the day I was in the transfer case recall. (Communication would be nice before embarking on a big trip) As I'm not aware how catastrophic it could turn with defective transfer. (One dealer did mention I may require it after I quoted my vin, also my vin wasn't on recall list that has circled)

It was a 2 day service, loan car provided which was great (pre-booked). All checks carried out and service completed. A few gripes, still obviously cost, but meh, to ensure warranty and have transfer case replaced I'll wear it. By my next service hopefully we have more clarity warranty etc in writing and I may choose to service closer to home.

2nd, I have to return for a wheel alignment that was reported in first week of ownership and I kept reminding them about. however service department didn't want to have to pay for it (leaving me to pay and do it) even though it was delivered offset, so a little frustrating, but they have now agreed to have it corrected at their cost.

Only other concern, my passenger side fender (to access oil filter) is scratched, the whole top mainly (haven't really looked at the side yet) assuming from service blanket. Paint had been corrected and ceramic coated... So again frustrating. It will be looked at and assessed but as the drivers isn't scratched at all I'm sure it occured in service. So will look to have ppf on top wings, or checker plate As it will happen each service...

My advice before servicing elsewhere:
- Call multiple agents and check for any recalls or what checks will be carried out (they won't send you anything but will let you know over the phone)

Advice for servicing at agent.
Call in advance to ensure a loan car is allocated if it's required.

So some good and some bad... But half expected for a new company. Hanging in there, and hopefully it gets better. Communication and reputation are very important to survive and I want ineos to survive so badly.
Extremely surprised such an important issue was not issued to you by IA/Dealer - as they have all our contact details. The communication issues may cause serious problems for some people, if they are unawares.

Back
Top Bottom