The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
The temporary ones look pretty decent and I don’t think anyone would care if they were the final item. And I think you’ll find the indicators themselves are standard Narva ones. It’s just the plastic mounting bit that must be getting custom made.
Correct about the mounting bit it has failed on my girl and I have Sikaflex holding it in place waiting for the other to come...not sure about the indicators themselves but the one that failed was on the raised air intake tube which is not likely to be the case with the passenger sides one as it is more secure and a flat mount...time will tell ;)

CBN

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
Correct about the mounting bit it has failed on my girl and I have Sikaflex holding it in place waiting for the other to come...not sure about the indicators themselves but the one that failed was on the raised air intake tube which is not likely to be the case with the passenger sides one as it is more secure and a flat mount...time will tell ;)
Yeh mine is now half hanging off as well

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeh mine is now half hanging off as well
A couple of spots of Sikaflex black preferably will do the trick while we wait...well, I went bush and then came back and was putting fuel in her and yes saw it hanging...not happy but it was still there...the Agents assured me it was temporary but not when I first took delivery...so it may be something that is failing since then...how about you WA owners any issues?;)

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just been told of a 2 1/2 week delay on mine. Told it was a quarantine delay on the ship incoming.
Funny because the last ship I was told that it was on - came and left Melbourne nearly two weeks ago.
Hard to know what to believe nowadays.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just been told of a 2 1/2 week delay on mine. Told it was a quarantine delay on the ship incoming.
Funny because the last ship I was told that it was on - came and left Melbourne nearly two weeks ago.
A couple of Mexicans might have snuck on in Melbourne.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
from your agent or direct from INEOS?

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
from your agent or direct from INEOS?
The update came from the agent - from Ineos’s spreadsheet.
I could tell some Ineos stories that would make you cack yourself laughing and your hair curl at the same time ….. however perhaps I will do this after my car arrives.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The update came from the agent - from Ineos’s spreadsheet.
I could tell some Ineos stories that would make you cack yourself laughing and your hair curl at the same time ….. however perhaps I will do this after my car arrives.
Sounds good. We will meet up for a good chat later in the year!

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For mine at least they seem to have been able to crack on to most of that stuff quite quickly. But without the indicators they can’t register the VIN on the register of approved vehicles and until that is done they can’t register the car.
Is the RAV is completed at the dealer or at the Port before delivery to the dealer? Mine is on the RAV but no call from dealer...

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the RAV is completed at the dealer or at the Port before delivery to the dealer? Mine is on the RAV but no call from dealer...
It’s a mix, INEOS are changing some indicators and adding to RAV at port and some are going to agents. I suspect it’s dependent on availability of indicators and INEOS staff. Purnell didn’t know before the cars arrived which way it was going to go

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is apparently the ship that my car is on now - given that the last advice they gave me seems to of been BS.

Perhaps we should play the psychologists Inkblot game with our ship tracking maps......... "what do you see in the picture Sir"?

I see more frustration.......a lack of commitment......... sheez even Noahs Ark was quicker than this one.

1692834797211.png

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is apparently the ship that my car is on now - given that the last advice they gave me seems to of been BS.

Perhaps we should play the psychologists Inkblot game with our ship tracking maps......... "what do you see in the picture Sir"?

I see more frustration.......a lack of commitment......... sheez even Noahs Ark was quicker than this one.

View attachment 7824560
Looks like the Arc of repetitive travel to me!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All jokes aside - it's total BS that INEOS Automotive Australia don't know EXACTLY which RoRo each boat is on or EXACTLY where a $100,000 car is in real time.

If I buy a pissy $50 car part from the US, I am able to track that part on a day-by-day, location-by-location basis the whole journey and, and then receive mulitple emails/texts from the transport company, giving me a precise 4 hour delivery window on a specific day!!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7824560
Did you ever play that game on paper , with a target - and each player has a pen/pencil , and you push the tip of the pen towards the target making a line? Whoever gets their first wins.
It's a bit like that.
Some games take ages.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7824560
Of course they know exactly which ship it is on.
They don't just load vehicles onto ships without tracking details.
Too many vehicle carriers burning to the waterline lately for them not to know which vehicles are on them.
I am still finding it strange that some dealers are getting weekly updates and others seem to be getting nothing.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All jokes aside - it's total BS that INEOS Automotive Australia don't know EXACTLY which RoRo each boat is on or EXACTLY where a $100,000 car is in real time.

If I buy a pissy $50 car part from the US, I am able to track that part on a day-by-day, location-by-location basis the whole journey and, and then receive mulitple emails/texts from the transport company, giving me a precise 4 hour delivery window on a specific day!!
Ineos should use Amazon for deliveries :ROFLMAO:

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
I think you are bringing in a new SEAT in disguise from Palma de Mallorca.:cool:
Joking aside I can't find much previous port history, is this the same vessel?

Spain.png

Back
Top Bottom