The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
How many scratches would it show if you chucked in the back of a 6x4 trailer and drove it across town via my dirt road?
(Amateur hardness rating test)
Ah, no problem, it came all the way from Romania as a proper test... but have to say not by Hermes (Evri now) though, {for UK thread readers who love Evri deliveries} ..now that would be a test

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
Top of the page there is also one for sale in classifieds by GrenadierDan of this Parish.
Trialmaster, diesel, Inky Black, $130,000 OBO, posted a week ago.

Looks good but black? Been there, done that, shows up all the dirt. When I was deciding which colour to order, based on what worked best in country NSW, for the fun of it I did my own survey, so over the space of an hour between Yetman and Oman Ama (Inglewood) on the assumption most were locals I counted cars/utes coming towards me, that’s about 100 kms. 30 cars in total, 29 of them were white.
Technically speaking Black isn't a colour 🤔

Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Quick question. I’ve been told my Grenadier is finally arriving at the dealer today, unfortunately they have no stock of the side indicators and this will incur an unknown delay. Anyone else experiencing this same issue? Is it dealer specific or likely to be an Aus wide issue??

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Quick question. I’ve been told my Grenadier is finally arriving at the dealer today, unfortunately they have no stock of the side indicators and this will incur an unknown delay. Anyone else experiencing this same issue? Is it dealer specific or likely to be an Aus wide issue??
Yes same for me, apparently they are getting some arriving by courier in the next couple of days so 🤞. Have to say I am somewhat surprised as my ship has been heading this way for close to 2 months so it’s arrival can hardly have been a surprise.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
Not just the indicators…
But depending on the vehicle other recalls need to be done be it brake lines , or even front headlights as has been noted in other pages etc.
Then any accessories you have ordered also may or may not have arrived to be fitted.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not just the indicators…
But depending on the vehicle other recalls need to be done be it brake lines , or even front headlights as has been noted in other pages etc.
Then any accessories you have ordered also may or may not have arrived to be fitted.
For mine at least they seem to have been able to crack on to most of that stuff quite quickly. But without the indicators they can’t register the VIN on the register of approved vehicles and until that is done they can’t register the car.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For mine at least they seem to have been able to crack on to most of that stuff quite quickly. But without the indicators they can’t register the VIN on the register of approved vehicles and until that is done they can’t register the car.
I find this absolutely staggering.

By pushing a button on a computer, IAA would know, in real-time, exactly how many cars in total they have sold into Australia:
  1. arrived
  2. floating on the ocean
  3. at the dock awaiting departure to Australia
  4. at the factory carpark
  5. on the production line
  6. orders held

You would think for such a low cost, basic item, they should have side indicators distributed to each agent equal to the total of 1, 2, 3, & 4 above

Local time
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. All other accessories and PDI should be completed in 2 days but indicators…

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m hoping it’s dealer specific as I’ve been told “we have all the bits” ready for fitting when mine finally makes its way to them.

Local time
Reaction score
Further updates:
All the “recall and pdi work” apparently done for me. Just the indicators and as of today still no eta from their ineos rep.
Close yet still so far.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. All other accessories and PDI should be completed in 2 days but indicators…
I was told by the Brisbane dealer that the mandatory ADR- compliant Category6 side indicator replacements are an interim fix being provided by a Melbourne firm which is 3D printing them so as to get the vehicles out to the dealers... while a more permanent manufacturing arrangement is sought for the supply-chain...

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by the Brisbane dealer that the mandatory ADR- compliant Category6 side indicator replacements are an interim fix being provided by a Melbourne firm which is 3D printing them so as to get the vehicles out to the dealers... while a more permanent manufacturing arrangement is sought for the supply-chain...
Heard the same from Purnells last week.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
How can they still be sourcing a manufacturer of a critical compliance part... this issue for Oz vehicles has been known since BEFORE the 1st Oz truck was loaded on to any ship...

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How can they still be sourcing a manufacturer of a critical compliance part... this issue for Oz vehicles has been known since BEFORE the 1st Oz truck was loaded on to any ship...
The temporary ones look pretty decent and I don’t think anyone would care if they were the final item. And I think you’ll find the indicators themselves are standard Narva ones. It’s just the plastic mounting bit that must be getting custom made.

Back
Top Bottom