The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
Chatting to the young & very enthusiastic INEOS reps at the Melbourne 4x4 show yesterday.

2 topics I threw into the conversation: lack of customer communication & RHD footrest.

Both batted away as non-issues - I kept thinking "the orders must be flowing in"

They did confirm the Grenadiers first "upgrade" would be in 2025 although no indication of what that may include except that the RHD footrest would stay exactly as is.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Chatting to the young & very enthusiastic INEOS reps at the Melbourne 4x4 show yesterday.

2 topics I threw into the conversation: lack of customer communication & RHD footrest.

Both batted away as non-issues - I kept thinking "the orders must be flowing in"

They did confirm the Grenadiers first "upgrade" would be in 2025 although no indication of what that may include except that the RHD footrest would stay exactly as is.
Sounds like what you’d say of you had no clue.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Well I've paid over 1/2 into the IA account over this week and received an acknowledgment email today. So I know the money hasn't gone to Nigeria (wife is relieved) and it's a further step in the right direction.
Now go and pluck my car from the bunch on the dock, and pop it on a truck to Tasmania. Thanks 🙂
I'm happy for you. Both that your wife is relieved and that you will get your vehicle soon.

By the way, we didn't make it to St. Ives. I would have liked to sit in the pub you took a photo of.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Great news
That footrest is like a beauty spot on a supermodel.
One simple flaw to prove perfection is unobtainable.

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score

Orders flowing? for sure as SLRV are still getting 2 or 3 orders per week so demand with them is not abating.

However in the UK Auto Trader has 48 for sale and I see one owner is getting little to no interest, his is minimum spec so maybe there lies his problem.
Ultimately price rules but it's getting difficult to compare in A$s as the £ has done a veritable Lazarus. I didn't expect there would be that many for sale this early on.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Orders flowing? for sure as SLRV are still getting 2 or 3 orders per week so demand wth them is not abating.

However in the UK Auto Trader has 48 for sale and I see one owner is getting little to no interest, his is minimum spec so maybe there lies his problem.
Ultimately price rules but it's getting difficult to compare in A$s as the £ has done a veritable Lazarus. I didn't expect there would be that many for sale this early on.
There is currently only one for sale on Carsales, was originally listed quite some time ago at $185k, he has now brought it down to a more realistic (insert sarcasm emoji) $165k

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
There is currently only one for sale on Carsales, was originally listed quite some time ago at $185k, he has now brought it down to a more realistic (insert sarcasm emoji) $165k
I think he had a covid price hangover initially 🤔 😳 😆

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
Top of the page there is also one for sale in classifieds by GrenadierDan of this Parish.
Trialmaster, diesel, Inky Black, $130,000 OBO, posted a week ago.

Looks good but black? Been there, done that, shows up all the dirt. When I was deciding which colour to order, based on what worked best in country NSW, for the fun of it I did my own survey, so over the space of an hour between Yetman and Oman Ama (Inglewood) on the assumption most were locals I counted cars/utes coming towards me, that’s about 100 kms. 30 cars in total, 29 of them were white.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
“You can have it in any color as long as it’s black” Henry Ford
As part of his speech he tossed in a few other observations which are still true over 100 years later:

"“This season demonstrated conclusively to me that it was time to put the new policy in force. The salesmen, before I had announced the policy, were spurred by the great sales to think that even greater sales might be had if only we had more models. It is strange how, just as soon as an article becomes successful, somebody starts to think that it would be more successful if only it were different. There is a tendency to keep monkeying with styles and to spoil a good thing by changing it. The salesmen were insistent on increasing the line. They listened to the 5 percent, the special customers who could say what they wanted, and forgot all about the 95 percent, who just bought without making any fuss. No business can improve unless it pays the closest possible attention to complaints and suggestions. If there is any defect in service then that must be instantly and rigorously investigated, but when the suggestion is only as to style, one has to make sure whether it is not merely a personal whim that is being voiced. Salesmen always want to cater to whims instead of acquiring sufficient knowledge of their product to be able to explain to the customer with the whim that what they have will satisfy his every requirement – that is, of course, provided what they have does satisfy these requirements.”"

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
i do. very good contrast in a whitish kitchen.;)
Our white fridge is completely covered by fridge magnets from around the world.
It's a rainbow of colours in an whitish kitchen!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'll bet your wife has to keep the grandkids from touching it 😄
My grandkids are boys 12 & 13 years old.
I am surprised they haven't eaten the fridge.
They are both coming here for school holidays in September, one for a week and the other for two weeks.
I am thinking of hiring a refrigerated container

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Chocolate brown fridge, does that count.
How many scratches would it show if you chucked in the back of a 6x4 trailer and drove it across town via my dirt road?
(Amateur hardness rating test)

Back
Top Bottom