The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
WHHAATTT?

My agent also told me (9/6) that mine was in production a week before I got the “in production“ email (15/6). He also told me (20/7) that it was out of production waiting to be allocated to a ship.

I even got the “on its way so give us money” email 31/7.

But last week, all my agent could find was it was at port awaiting allocation to a ship.🤬
Went and eyeballed my dealer today, despite receiving the in production email last night he says it is already built and due into port in Aus 29th September.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe they have been batching completed vehicles until they had a ship load of them

From someone at Ineos via my Agent...

"the Morning Lena which is scheduled to depart with his vehicle on the 16th of August. The current scheduled docking date of the Morning Lena to QLD is 27th of September but this doesn’t incorporate delays throughout the journey."Screenshot_20230816-120826.jpg

Farglebah

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Shopkeep and Greg. All I got from agent last week was to wait a couple of weeks and we should have more info. This isn’t characteristic as he’s been pretty good up to this point. If I’m not on the Morning Lena, though, I might go ballistic then.🥴

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They did...JPMorgan Sydney.
Contract says funds to be cleared 2 business days prior to handover...
All funds go through Ineos Australia..
Do not undertand at all to pay in full prior to actual delivery to dealer let alone seeing it? Past 8 new vehicle purchases over 30+ years, never had to.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do not undertand at all to pay in full prior to actual delivery to dealer let alone seeing it? Past 8 new vehicle purchases over 30+ years, never had to.
I have purchase 20+ vehicles from dealers for myself plus same again as company cars and not once did they let me take the vehicle before they had the money.

Reactions: Max

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is nothing usual about this whole deal. It’s your choice to pay before it gets to dealer. You only have to have cleared funds 2 days before delivery (and you sign up to that in the contract) you can wait till it gets to dealer and go and visit it if you wish before you pay.

Last edited:

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is nothing usual about this whole deal. It’s your choice to pay before it gets to dealer. You only have to have cleared funds 2 days before delivery (and you sign up to that in the contract) you can wait till it gets to dealer and go and visit it if you wish before you pay.
Exactly. You can wait just about as long as you like before paying but just have to then wait until the funds are cleared before you actually pick it up. However as I found, impatience got the better of me and I threw all my money at them before seeing the vehicle in the hope it would speed things along.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly. You can wait just about as long as you like before paying but just have to then wait until the funds are cleared before you actually pick it up. However as I found, impatience got the better of me and I threw all my money at them before seeing the vehicle in the hope it would speed things along.
Same

Reactions: Max

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
PS. It hasn't.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
PS. It hasn't.
Jury still out for me. Mine landed at Port Kembla Friday and I paid earlier that week. Dealer is expecting first vehicles from that shipment Friday or Monday hopefully. Time will tell if mine is in that first batch or not.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos told me, mine went into production on 11th May. My dealer told me, on 10th June, that my vehicle had cleared “batch and hold”, and is waiting for a vessel. Since then the dealer has not received any updates. OMG, it is doing my head in.

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
Ineos told me, mine went into production on 11th May. My dealer told me, on 10th June, that my vehicle had cleared “batch and hold”, and is waiting for a vessel. Since then the dealer has not received any updates. OMG, it is doing my head in.
Holy crap, that's torture just reading it.
Even bad news is better than no news.

Edit. That's if you can trust any Ineos news!

Last edited:

Farglebah

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bugger! Your info black hole is a month longer than mine. Was the “Ineos told me” the official email? They only seem to send an email when they want something out of us. So far, for me:

25 May. It's time to sign your Grenadier contract. They want me to sign.

15 June. Your Grenadier is in production. They want a payment method.

31 July. Payment needed before you collect your Grenadier They want payment.

The last informed me that it’s out of production and on the way. The agent had told me that happened 20 July, but since then he’s been unable to find any further shipping status.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bugger! Your info black hole is a month longer than mine. Was the “Ineos told me” the official email? They only seem to send an email when they want something out of us. So far, for me:

25 May. It's time to sign your Grenadier contract. They want me to sign.

15 June. Your Grenadier is in production. They want a payment method.

31 July. Payment needed before you collect your Grenadier They want payment.

The last informed me that it’s out of production and on the way. The agent had told me that happened 20 July, but since then he’s been unable to find any further shipping status.
Strange how so many of us in Australia have been told by our dealer exactly which ship our vehicle is on.
Why are our dealers getting this information and yours not?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
I have purchase 20+ vehicles from dealers for myself plus same again as company cars and not once did they let me take the vehicle before they had the money.
Same here and as it turned out for another Grenadier owner here on the Sunshine Coast, he paid in full after receiving the email saying it was on its way and received the car three weeks before mine...the same ship...I waited till I could see it...that's just me...hang in there :cool:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same here and as it turned out for another Grenadier owner here on the Sunshine Coast, he paid in full after receiving the email saying it was on its way and received the car three weeks before mine...the same ship...I waited till I could see it...that's just me...hang in there :cool:
I will do the same

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
Built in May and the agent tells you on June !0 it is waiting for a vessel...now the agent waits for confirmation from Ineos that it is onboard..then you wait again for a rough arrival time...all very normal but can do your patience in...hang in there

Farglebah hang in there it is in progress​

Last edited:

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Strange how so many of us in Australia have been told by our dealer exactly which ship our vehicle is on.
Why are our dealers getting this information and yours not?
The information my agent got about mine he seemed to have to work hard to get. Numerous emails and follow up phone calls.
I just hope the information is correct and it is on the ship he says, otherwise i will be fanatically following the wrong ship which would do nothing good for my blood pressure.

Back
Top Bottom