The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
Did they mention how or when they're notified by Ineos once a vehicle is built? I wonder what sort of info the dealers can see on their portal.
They can see much more info than we can, however there are issues around timely updating of the information. It is not always accurate.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to say, when you send $100K odd payment a prompt acknowledgement that it had been received would be nice. Not necessarily a full receipt - just something to reassure you that it's not simply floating in the internet somewhere. I know Ineos are using a third party payment mob so they themselves don't get confirmation of payments straight away, but in this day and age of scams left right and centre it should be the highest priority of the company WHOSE SOLE JOB IT IS TO HANDLE THE PAYMENTS to let the payee know as soon as the money is in their account. And with Osko payments, the money is there almost immediately, so none of this nonsense that payments may take two or three business days to clear.
The agent asked my to send him the bank confirmations so he could check with INEOS which I did and he came back to me pretty quickly and confirmed and the INEOS email came a couple of days after that. Overall I was pretty happy with the information

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The INEOS factory is closed, at least for production, for 3 weeks in August 2023 for the European Summer break. It is looking more like a Sept or Oct 2023 build for my car (originally scheduled for July 2023). Order was placed in mid-March 2023 after my Nissan Patrol was written off in an accident.

Dealer (Sydney) did say no orders placed in 2023 have been built as yet (in his order book), the factory is still working on 2022 orders. He said the order book is not always up to date.

There are delays being experienced through Port Kembla.

Information current as midday today.
Did they give any more info on “delays through Port Kembla?” Did they mean delays getting into Port, there are, it took close to a week for the Figaro to get in to port (better than the two weeks it waited ro get into Melbourne) ir delays at the port once unloaded?

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did they give any more info on “dlayas through Port Kembla?” Did they mean delays getting into Port, there are, it took close to a week for the Figaro to get in to port (better than the two weeks it waited ro get into Melbourne) ir delays at the port once unloaded?
Agent confirmed (last Friday) the wait times (delays) at Port Kembla are increasing (my car is already 1 week late being delived to agent).
He thought it was due to the growing volume of vehicle.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agent confirmed (last Friday) the wait times (delays) at Port Kembla are increasing (my car is already 1 week late being delived to agent).
He thought it was due to the growing volume of vehicle.
So you mean after unloading but before moving from port to agents?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
Did they mention how or when they're notified by Ineos once a vehicle is built? I wonder what sort of info the dealers can see on their portal.
The dealer can see the build spec and its status, ie he can see me as contract signed, not in build

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did they give any more info on “delays through Port Kembla?” Did they mean delays getting into Port, there are, it took close to a week for the Figaro to get in to port (better than the two weeks it waited ro get into Melbourne) ir delays at the port once unloaded?
One of the car carriers has been waiting 3 weeks to unload was the example given.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One of the car carriers has been waiting 3 weeks to unload was the example given.
Yes, the one mine was on waited 2 weeks off Melbourne and a week off Port Kembla

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We just spotted our first Grenadier in the wild. Scottish Mist, just north of Townsville at 1PM. It was heading north and I must admit it was my wife that spotted it and I missed it altogether.
Good to know she is onboard as it were!
Mine is also heavily invested in the project!

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just been updated by my dealer on build progress for my Grenadier. Whilst Ineos customer service team communicated it was in-build, dealer has communicated it hasn't started and to expect an August build date and delivery end of the year or early next year 😔.

Whilst this is disappointing news, one should always look on the bright side of life, and for me that's having a double carport ready for the beast and hopefully a car slightly more polished, less issues as being reported and greater selection of after market accessories 😉.

For those that like dates, mine are as below:

Reservation: 27 March 2022
Ordered: 20 May 2022
Original Estimated Delivery: June - July 2023
Signed contract: 27 April 2023
New Estimated Delivery: December - Jan 2024

Looking forward to reading all about your deliveries for the remainder of the year 😁
Last night I received the email from Ineos saying "your Grenadier is in production". Hopefully more start flowing through and payment collection is around the corner.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last night I received the email from Ineos saying "your Grenadier is in production". Hopefully more start flowing through and payment collection is around the corner.
I got one of those last night as well...
They must be sending them out in batches like they do with the contracts.
My agent informed me last week that my truck has been built and should be rolling onto the ship today, the Morning Lena, which the ship tracking website says is almost at Bremerhaven.
Maybe true, might not be....

Farglebah

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got one of those last night as well...
They must be sending them out in batches like they do with the contracts.
My agent informed me last week that my truck has been built and should be rolling onto the ship today,
WHHAATTT?

My agent also told me (9/6) that mine was in production a week before I got the “in production“ email (15/6). He also told me (20/7) that it was out of production waiting to be allocated to a ship.

I even got the “on its way so give us money” email 31/7.

But last week, all my agent could find was it was at port awaiting allocation to a ship.🤬

Back
Top Bottom