The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
I mentioned last week I've "tested" the IA payment system; bank has acknowledged the transfer of money ($5k) , but no automated receipt from IA.
I presume this silence is "normal"? and I won't hear anything until the full amount bis paid?
My wife's not impressed.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I mentioned last week I've "tested" the IA payment system; bank has acknowledged the transfer of money ($5k) , but no automated receipt from IA.
I presume this silence is "normal"? and I won't hear anything until the full amount bis paid?
My wife's not impressed.
My Agent called me to tell me that the payment had been received, and then I got an email but the online portal still shows due.

IMG_4505.jpeg

Local time
Reaction score
Well, that sucks ... car ready
Got the call finally, pickup monday pending payment oddities!
well that sucks, car ready sparkly clean, accessories attached hand over done... cannot drive away as Ineos can't confirm funds after inter-bank transfer on Thursday! :(

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Agent called me to tell me that the payment had been received, and then I got an email but the online portal still shows due.

View attachment 7823389
Take heart! The payments are being handled by the local Aus. team. My experience with them has been first class. They're on the ball! My portal was showing "In production " or some such rubbish a couple of weeks after I'd taken delivery!

Local time
Reaction score
Take heart! The payments are being handled by the local Aus. team. My experience with them has been first class. They're on the ball! My portal was showing "In production " or some such rubbish a couple of weeks after I'd taken delivery!
Glad you had a good experience, I think they could learn a thing or two on how to do this stuff. No idea why they don't setup a payment account with a local bank some people can simply walk into a branch to deposit the money vs people having to do multiple payments and or do an inter-bank transfer. Either way, funds paid no car pickup today

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Glad you had a good experience, I think they could learn a thing or two on how to do this stuff. No idea why they don't setup a payment account with a local bank some people can simply walk into a branch to deposit the money vs people having to do multiple payments and or do an inter-bank transfer. Either way, funds paid no car pickup today
I agree it would be much better bhut probably still some drawbacks waiting for them to notify the global company.
It appears we are not purchasing off Ineos Australia
If you walk into a bank and deposit $100K cash into some ones account they have to report you to the police.
You can however contact your bank and get your transfer limit increased to $100K for one time or a 24 hour period.
In branch you can transfer as much as you want.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed, I gave up on the portal being useful fir anything months ago. My car was built for a long time before it showed in production and it has been 2 months on the water and landed last week and still shows in production.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
VAT??

I hope INEOS don't call it that when they remit the GST to the ATO (so many acronyms !)
Yes was going to say something about that, bit with everything else it’s the least of my worries

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They did...JPMorgan Sydney.
Contract says funds to be cleared 2 business days prior to handover...
All funds go through Ineos Australia..

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The INEOS factory is closed, at least for production, for 3 weeks in August 2023 for the European Summer break. It is looking more like a Sept or Oct 2023 build for my car (originally scheduled for July 2023). Order was placed in mid-March 2023 after my Nissan Patrol was written off in an accident.

Dealer (Sydney) did say no orders placed in 2023 have been built as yet (in his order book), the factory is still working on 2022 orders. He said the order book is not always up to date.

There are delays being experienced through Port Kembla.

Information current as midday today.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
They did...JPMorgan Sydney.
Contract says funds to be cleared 2 business days prior to handover...
All funds go through Ineos Australia..
I wouldnt count a US bank as a local bank due to it having one "branch" in Sydney... Don't count on the 2 business days as it hasn't work for me. Maybe they should hire some developers from OFX - Their systems are extremely good at tracking and automating this :)

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, in 2 lots over 2 days as $100k is the max I can transfer in one day
I have to say, when you send $100K odd payment a prompt acknowledgement that it had been received would be nice. Not necessarily a full receipt - just something to reassure you that it's not simply floating in the internet somewhere. I know Ineos are using a third party payment mob so they themselves don't get confirmation of payments straight away, but in this day and age of scams left right and centre it should be the highest priority of the company WHOSE SOLE JOB IT IS TO HANDLE THE PAYMENTS to let the payee know as soon as the money is in their account. And with Osko payments, the money is there almost immediately, so none of this nonsense that payments may take two or three business days to clear.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have to say, when you send $100K odd payment a prompt acknowledgement that it had been received would be nice. Not necessarily a full receipt - just something to reassure you that it's not simply floating in the internet somewhere. I know Ineos are using a third party payment mob so they themselves don't get confirmation of payments straight away, but in this day and age of scams left right and centre it should be the highest priority of the company WHOSE SOLE JOB IT IS TO HANDLE THE PAYMENTS to let the payee know as soon as the money is in their account. And with Osko payments, the money is there almost immediately, so none of this nonsense that payments may take two or three business days to clear.
I'm doing mine online , so I'm just watching the 20k/day slip off to Russia or Nigeria or Romania...

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
The INEOS factory is closed, at least for production, for 3 weeks in August 2023 for the European Summer break. It is looking more like a Sept or Oct 2023 build for my car (originally scheduled for July 2023). Order was placed in mid-March 2023 after my Nissan Patrol was written off in an accident.

Dealer (Sydney) did say no orders placed in 2023 have been built as yet (in his order book), the factory is still working on 2022 orders. He said the order book is not always up to date.

There are delays being experienced through Port Kembla.

Information current as midday today.
I was wondering what was hapening............My build date was April.....May...June...July....Now? who knows, ordered last Nov

Local time
Reaction score
Did they mention how or when they're notified by Ineos once a vehicle is built? I wonder what sort of info the dealers can see on their portal.

Back
Top Bottom