The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
How's the first few days of ownership been?
Very uneventful, as far as warning messages are concerned. Amazed by how solid everything is. Only been for relatively short drives so far, but I’m off on Saturday for a day out with my 4WD club so I can try it out off road. 🙂

Local time
Reaction score
Very uneventful, as far as warning messages are concerned. Amazed by how solid everything is. Only been for relatively short drives so far, but I’m off on Saturday for a day out with my 4WD club so I can try it out off road. 🙂
Nice! Looking forward to the video. I may be heading up to zig zag area next weekend assuming mine arrives next week

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Nice! Looking forward to the video. I may be heading up to zig zag area next weekend assuming mine arrives next week
We're off to explore Howes Trail in the Yengo National Park, and the Finchley Aboriginal Art area, before finishing at the Wollombi Pub. 🙂

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the nice close-ups of the replacement indicators. I agree, they don't look too bad and I actually prefer the clear lenses to the orange ones. If, as has been mentioned, these are still only temporary replacements pending an OEM design, I hope they keep the clear lenses and maybe just round off the front edge to match the side trim piece.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the nice close-ups of the replacement indicators. I agree, they don't look too bad and I actually prefer the clear lenses to the orange ones. If, as has been mentioned, these are still only temporary replacements pending an OEM design, I hope they keep the clear lenses and maybe just round off the front edge to match the side trim piece.
I agree. And it wont be too long before we upgrade especially the right hand in australia either, because its just asking to be swiped off by on track scrub. Looks cheap and easy to do though, so of all the things to bust off, it’s a nice bit of sacrificial tinsel.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
The profiled recess in the accepting part shows (to me) that this is the final/ OEM design.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The profiled recess in the accepting part shows (to me) that this is the final/ OEM design.
Actually, looking closely at the photos it appears the mounting is just the regular rubber one that comes with these cat-6 lights as standard. It just kind of seems to sit reasonably well over the factory round recess. Better than I expected them to look anyway.

Here's an off-the-shelf one and you can see that's all they're using for now.
1689832195567.png

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Actually, looking closely at the photos it appears the mounting is just the regular rubber one that comes with these cat-6 lights as standard. It just kind of seems to sit reasonably well over the factory round recess. Better than I expected them to look anyway.
Here's a better view of the rubber on the raised air intake side.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Up the Cape once upon a time.View attachment 7820544
Good memories Les. As a young RAEME Vehicle Mechanic, in 1988 (I think, possibly earlier) I collected 48-001 new from JRA in Moorebank (Sydney). I drove it back to the workshop of 1 Transport Squadron at Holsworthy where we did some checks on it before it went straight onto a truck to Darwin (?) to be used by you in the Bush Tucker Man series. As per the -001 number plate, this was the first delivery of the 110 Perentie fleet and Army wanted to show it off. I wonder where ex-48-001 is now?

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well well , from thinking I would have to wait until mid September I have been informed my vehicle is on land , just awaiting some attachments, delivery within a couple of weeks.
:love:

Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
Good memories Les. As a young RAEME Vehicle Mechanic, in 1988 (I think, possibly earlier) I collected 48-001 new from JRA in Moorebank (Sydney). I drove it back to the workshop of 1 Transport Squadron at Holsworthy where we did some checks on it before it went straight onto a truck to Darwin (?) to be used by you in the Bush Tucker Man series. As per the -001 number plate, this was the first delivery of the 110 Perentie fleet and Army wanted to show it off. I wonder where ex-48-001 is now?
Hi there CK,
I picked it up at Lavarack Barracks Townsville as a brand new vehicle (ie not Darwin), however as a result of its fame from the TV series, at the end of its Military life, it was gifted a new life on display at the Military Museum up in Darwin and is very much a focal point for the visiting public. Everyone remembers the role it played.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well well , from thinking I would have to wait until mid September I have been informed my vehicle is on land , just awaiting some attachments, delivery within a couple of weeks.
Good news, everyone!

In your Ineos account did it ever move to “in production” and show a build month?

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good news, everyone!

In your Ineos account did it ever move to “in production” and show a build month?
I have found you can’t take any notice of the Ineos account - mine has never been accurate. It never showed a build month - it says it’s in production - it actual arrived onshore in Brisbane 28/29 June 2023 and is at the dealers now. I’ve also paid for it and they should have had the money on Mon this week, but still says payment pending.

Local time
Reaction score
Ready to join us for some of the tracks on the west coast of Tassie in late September?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Ready to join us for some of the tracks on the west coast of Tassie in late September?
I doubt the better half will approve...
Those tracks in late September are going to make a mess of any car , let alone a brand new one!

Back
Top Bottom