The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
Well you've really got to try hard to go hungry. The last Survival Exercise I did with the Australian Army (162 Recce Sqn up near Cooktown) I actually put on weight would you believe.
It's not hard to put on weight and not necessarily a bad thing, in moderation! Plenty of our Indigenous population look well fed , ,and if you end up in hospital , (or lost), having 1% body fat won't end well!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's not hard to put on weight and not necessarily a bad thing, in moderation! Plenty of our Indigenous population look well fed , ,and if you end up in hospital , (or lost), having 1% body fat won't end well!
As long as I have water I am good to survive for a month or more.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As long as I have water I am good to survive for a month or more.
As long as you lie completely still for 24 hours after the snake bite. Indigenous knowledge.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This was from the Sydney 4x4 show, I thought they looked fine, was better in person than this picture as well. The picture seems to make it look a bit bigger and more out of proportion than it looks in reality
View attachment 7820560
I'm presuming the vehicle is Scottish White? The door has taken on a different hue depending on the ambient light/reflections!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spent a couple of very happy weeks at Aurukun back in 2010 when my daughter was employed there (for 2 years). She's now settled in Cairns and has a deep attachment to the people ( quite a few of whom she often sees "in town"), but is distressed at how the drug/alcohol problem has played havoc in the community...

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm presuming the vehicle is Scottish White? The door has taken on a different hue depending on the ambient light/reflections!
Yes

Local time
Reaction score
Avoid Brighton automotive if you can!

So here's my rant.

Mid June I was told my car was here and got the email to make final payment. Naturally I was hesitant.
Talked to the dealer 2 weeks ago and arranged with him to view my car last Friday before I put through my final payment. Friday comes around and waited for an hour only to be told my car isn't there. Thankfully a different dealer helped us out and got us to our car to check it.
Monday, I paid.
Wednesday evening dealer talked to me and said they hadn't received confirmation yet but that I could arrange pick up 3.30 today as it will have come through by then. He also told me to get my personalised plates to the dealership asap.
Wednesday Night I got an email from ineos saying payment received.
Thursday I travelled across the city to drop off my plates to the dealership.
Today (Friday). I turn up for the handover (by taxi) and my car isn't there. No phone call or email. Nothing. Only to be told Tuesday at the earliest. Absolutely hopeless.
I'd book through Geelong or Ballarat or even Gold coast if I was doing this again. Lack of communication just adding to the frustrations.
Also the dealership isn't offering much in the way of extras like u see from ones in the Gold Coast etc.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

So here's my rant.

Mid June I was told my car was here and got the email to make final payment. Naturally I was hesitant.
Talked to the dealer 2 weeks ago and arranged with him to view my car last Friday before I put through my final payment. Friday comes around and waited for an hour only to be told my car isn't there. Thankfully a different dealer helped us out and got us to our car to check it.
Monday, I paid.
Wednesday evening dealer talked to me and said they hadn't received confirmation yet but that I could arrange pick up 3.30 today as it will have come through by then. He also told me to get my personalised plates to the dealership asap.
Today (Friday). I turn up for the handover (by taxi) and my car isn't there. No phone call or email. Nothing. Only to be told Tuesday at the earliest. Absolutely hopeless.
I'd book through Geelong or Ballarat or even Gold coast if I was doing this again. Lack of communication just adding to the frustrations.
Also the dealership isn't offering much in the way of extras like u see from ones in the Gold Coast etc.
Sorry to read of your challenge with Brighton, I have also found their communication to be almost non-existent.

Can you elaborate on this line: "Thankfully a different dealer helped us out and got us to our car to check it".

Local time
Reaction score
Sorry to read of your challenge with Brighton, I have also found their communication to be almost non-existent.

Can you elaborate on this line: "Thankfully a different dealer helped us out and got us to our car to check it".
Just a different guy at the dealership. Someone not dealing with handovers but more after-sales/service etc.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score

So here's my rant.

Monday, I paid.
Please leave a review in the Link Directory. It’s what it’s for so people can benefit from the interactions of others - good or bad.

Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
Spent a couple of very happy weeks at Aurukun back in 2010 when my daughter was employed there (for 2 years). She's now settled in Cairns and has a deep attachment to the people ( quite a few of whom she often sees "in town"), but is distressed at how the drug/alcohol problem has played havoc in the community...
That problem is across the board in all communities just about. Its partly a result of "Sit Down" money which takes away initiative and self determination, amongst other things.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
Hope so but not looking good so far…
Well I was able to change the contract from my business to personal, but at the last minute (last day, it took a trip to the agent and a few overseas phone calls to make it happen).

Vehicle is on a boat and due to dock later this week and expecting 6-7 weeks for customs, processing & dealer delivery.

Finance the next challenge, as it was originally a business purchase and expected before JUN 30 there was the instant asset write off and then tax deductions going forward that made it a lot cheaper (~40% off), will have to see how I go now that it is personal (with some work use) and technically "newly employed". It's affordable but a lot more expensive, up to the bank now...

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, but the delivery bottleneck is now all at our end. Does anyone suppose the Tortugas will EVER dock in Melbourne?

It would have been quicker if they just sent it straight on up to Brisbane then turned it back around.

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, but the delivery bottleneck is now all at our end. Does anyone suppose the Tortugas will EVER dock in Melbourne?

It would have been quicker if they just sent it straight on up to Brisbane then turned it back around.
And the Figaro, and the Thermopylae

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
…ship owners all got classics education…

Back
Top Bottom