The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
It's an embarrassing problem in Aussie ... I've watched Tortugas arrive and leave several ports in France, UK and South Africa without any delays, but in Australia it is sitting there, we obviously have a problem that needs to be fixed.

Wondering how much the delays and supply restrictions are adding to inflation, if the ports are restricting supply then prices are force up even more !! just a thought.
I think the issue is that as so many vehicles have been sitting around waiting for microchips and components they have become contaminated with bugs, rodents and other detritus carried by wind and rain.
They are then put on ships to Australia.
1689660937050.png1689660968969.png

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the issue is that as so many vehicles have been sitting around waiting for microchips and components they have become contaminated with bugs, rodents and other detritus carried by wind and rain.
View attachment 7820349View attachment 7820350
Most problems are from Asia, esp China. Not so many issues from Europe, but cars can be contaminated on the boat if they stop in Asia.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7820349View attachment 7820350
Yes Dave but another issue is the power of the unions involved in port/transport logistics to restrict the size of workforces, increasing costs and reducing flow.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At Port Kembla some of the delays are being caused by a staff shortage - from someone who works there!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well ...some good news
Collected my Scottish White Trialmaster late this afternoon from the Brisbane agent/dealer.
Handover was very thorough.
The glove box contained a hard copy of an "Australian market" Owner's handbook, an extensive book explaining the ctek Smartpass device and a large card (about half A4 size) printed both sides, listing fuses and relays for the Interior, Underhood and Cockpit Electrical Centres.

Only missing side runners and the picnic table.

The front tow hitch "plate" was installed on the assembly line.
The number plate (licence plate) holder is sturdy, neat and functional. Move it to left against the spring loaded tension and flip it up through 180 deg. When it's lowered, it locks into position as normal.
Other details:
The vehicle had undergone the first major software update... another s/w update is being developed...timing TBA
There is an option on the centre display which may in future enable DIY software updates.
Battery status was 90%
There were no dings or dongs on the short (6km) trip home which was right on dusk and peak traffic on the arterials. Av speed 21kmh Quickly learned to hit the kill switch for automatic stop/start 😉
One thing, images from vehicles in front, lit up by the Grenadier's excellent low beam headlights, were filling the rear vision mirror😳 because they were being internally reflected from the rear windows!! I obviously need to adjust the seat!
When I finally parked, shut down the engine and locked the vehicle the central display wouldn't turnoff. In fact when I re-entered the vehicle 15 mins later, without starting the engine, the display was still active! Finally I restarted the engine and then shut down. The display turned off.
It's monochrome black and white display. I don't know if it can be coloured.
Tomorrow was supposed to be intensive work on the house renovation but I got "the call" today... think I'll be somewhat distracted 😎

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
...and a large card (about half A4 size) printed both sides, listing fuses and relays for the Interior, Underhood and Cockpit Electrical Centres.
😎
When you get a chance can you post a copy, please. I am currently trying to convince Prolec to put together a kit of spare fuses customised to the INEOS for Australian owners.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well ...some good news
Collected my Scottish White Trialmaster late this afternoon from the Brisbane agent/dealer.
The glove box contained a hard copy of an "Australian market" Owner's handbook, an extensive book explaining the ctek Smartpass device and a large card (about half A4 size) printed both sides, listing fuses and relays for the Interior, Underhood and Cockpit Electrical Centres.

The number plate (licence plate) holder is sturdy, neat and functional. Move it to left against the spring loaded tension and flip it up through 180 deg. When it's lowered, it locks into position as normal.
Other details:
The vehicle had undergone the first major software update... another s/w update is being developed...timing TBA
There is an option on the centre display which may in future enable DIY software updates.
Battery status was 90%
There were no dings or dongs on the short (6km) trip home which was right on dusk and peak traffic on the arterials. Av speed 21kmh Quickly learned to hit the kill switch for automatic stop/start 😉
One thing, images from vehicles in front, lit up by the Grenadier's excellent low beam headlights, were filling the rear vision mirror😳 because they were being internally reflected from the rear windows!! I obviously need to adjust the seat!
When I finally parked, shut down the engine and locked the vehicle the central display wouldn't turnoff. In fact when I re-entered the vehicle 15 mins later, without starting the engine, the display was still active! Finally I restarted the engine and then shut down. The display turned off.
Tomorrow was supposed to be intensive work on the house renovation but I got "the call" today... think I'll be somewhat distracted 😎
I also had my screen remain on, it did time out eventually as does the orange illuminated light for 'interior lights when doors open' button.
However unlocked the car and screen turned on timed out again, but need to determine if opening and shutting doors keeps turning it on. will be a little frustrating at night at camp, in the event it stays on and flattens battery.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When you get a chance can you post a copy, please. I am currently trying to convince Prolec to put together a kit of spare fuses customised to the INEOS for Australian owners.
Here you go! :)

Attachments

• IG Elec Centres UndrHood Interior Cockpit.pdf
    391.7 KB · Views: 103

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
Congratulations.

Do you have a later version than this?
IMG_6757.jpeg
Thread 'What software version on customer cars?' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/what-software-version-on-customer-cars.12412009/

Interested in knowing more about this please.

The main centre screen?

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
Well ...some good news

Other details:
Battery status was 90%
Thanks so much for posting Dennis. It’s really great to hear that the owners manual has much more detail, and hopefully now is fit for purpose. Ditto software updates.
Cheers
Steve

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well ...some good news

Other details:
Battery status was 90%
Congratulations!!!!

I’m free all day tomorrow if you need a hand getting to know it better. 😉

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well ...some good news

Other details:
Battery status was 90%
Not tempted to sleep the fist night curled up in the back?

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well ...some good news

Other details:
Battery status was 90%
Congratulations.... did they say when to expect the table and runners? Oh, Kaon 4x4 (Linda) are looking for a vehicle to scan if interested. Had planned to take mine but its still doing circles south of Melbourne... must be the steering.. 😅

Back
Top Bottom