The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
Re insurance, a quick online Shannon's quote is $2575 with an agreed value of $109,525
I just reconfirmed my quote with Shannons.
Value of $125,000 with Roadside Assist, Windscreen, Full Hire Car replacement, Rating One Protection, Fully Comprehensive.
It was $1370AUD per annum
Not bad considering car insurance costs seem to of gone up 25% in the last few months - across the board.

Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
I wonder if you'd offered WA delivery for East Coast prospective owners how many would have taken it. Great news!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a phone call from my Dealer today stating my vehicle is in transit. States they don’t know which boat it could be on but expect a delivery some time in June… He stated that Ineos aren’t able to update the dealers on which shipments have specific vehicles on them but they have been told to update seven of their clients that they are in transit. Has anyone else received a phone call recently?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a phone call from my Dealer today stating my vehicle is in transit. States they don’t know which boat it could be on but expect a delivery some time in June… He stated that Ineos aren’t able to update the dealers on which shipments have specific vehicles on them but they have been told to update seven of their clients that they are in transit. Has anyone else received a phone call recently?
No I haven't but I reckon that it's BS.

My wife is getting a new MB and her dealer knows the date of production, VIN, and exact date of arrival into Melbourne.

Obviously INEOS knows the VIN of every car loaded onto every ship as there must be full manifest documentation - otherwise how to pay the shipper, have appropriate insurance & get third country departure and arrival clearance.

Why on earth wouldn't INEOS share this shipping info with their agents so that they can prepare to receive & prep the cars !!

Local time
Reaction score
Value of $125,000 with Roadside Assist, Windscreen, Full Hire Car replacement, Rating One Protection, Fully Comprehensive.
@Davman that's not bad at all, what sort of excess $$, and is that unlimited car hire?

Last edited:

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
I just reconfirmed my quote with Shannons.
Not bad considering car insurance costs seem to of gone up 25% in the last few months - across the board.
Just done an online quote with RAC WA, Value=$132500, as above, $1351/y. Roadside assist is separate through RAC WA.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Based upon what you've said I think your vehicle might be riding the Themis (Vessel IMO # 9722314), it left Zeebruge on May 3, arrives in Melbourne on the 17th of June and Port Kembla on the 19th of June.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Late last week I received a similar call. This was the second update. The previous update the dealer had received from Ineos Australia was around 16 March and he'd phoned me shortly thereafter to say my vehicle was through the batch and hold and waiting to be shipped. This time he said the vehicle had been allocated (a vessel) and should be here early July...

@grenadierboy: I've got no doubts you're exactly right about Ineos Aust. knowing "where and when": standard operating procedure for importers. Indeed they may well have alerted the dealers of full details but with a proviso that no other info. is released to customers... the date the ship is scheduled to arrive vs. actual berthing seems to be a best guess, judging by reports of Ro/Ro carriers riding at anchor waiting to unload in Melbourne and elsewhere... (the delays in Melb. etc must be having a significant knock-on effect on the car carriers' global schedules as a whole.)

I've got to the stage that it arrives when it arrives and they ask me for more money!! ;)

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Late last week I received a similar call. This was the second update. The previous update the dealer had received from Ineos Australia was around 16 March and he'd phoned me shortly thereafter to say my vehicle was through the batch and hold and waiting to be shipped. This time he said the vehicle had been allocated (a vessel) and should be here early July...

@grenadierboy: I've got no doubts you're exactly right about Ineos Aust. knowing "where and when": standard operating procedure for importers. Indeed they may well have alerted the dealers of full details but with a proviso that no other info. is released to customers... the date the ship is scheduled to arrive vs. actual berthing seems to be a best guess, judging by reports of Ro/Ro carriers riding at anchor waiting to unload in Melbourne and elsewhere... (the delays in Melb. etc must be having a significant knock-on effect on the car carriers' global schedules as a whole.)

I've got to the stage that it arrives when it arrives and they ask me for more money!! ;)
Yeah, at least this is how it plays out when one is shipping privately. I’ve tracked shipments across oceans on shipfinder and it’s a mugs game at the end of the day as port timings aren’t visible.

Back
Top Bottom