The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Belated reply tonight! After the long wait, l excitedly collected my vehicle on Friday! Thanks to the team at SLRV (Ric and Co). There was a minor muddle up on delivery which both Ric and I could only laugh at - won't bore you with the details.

I'll do a separate post on pro and con etc in a separate manner - this is just to show you where I have been since delivery (and yes sir is it's real).

Odometer is at 400km after only 2 days and half of that was taking the truck up to Lamington National Park. For those who don't know it, the road up that mountain is windy, hairpin central and you barely get about 80 at any point (probably average 40 going up). You need to dodge cows and roos for half the trip then tourists in vans who don't know what give way means for a single lane mountain pass!!! For a heavy bit of machinery, the Gren moves up light and heavy inclines with little effort and the diesel doing 'a little' work rings true to my ears. So today was a simple pleasure of taking the family out for a small hike and something to eat!

A few photos on way down.

Attachments

• 20231029_144422.jpg
    20231029_144422.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20231029_222454.jpg
    20231029_222454.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 20231029_222818.jpg
    20231029_222818.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20231029_144305.jpg
    20231029_144305.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20231029_222311.jpg
    20231029_222311.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 61

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Belated reply tonight! After the long wait, l excitedly collected my vehicle on Friday! Thanks to the team at SLRV (Ric and Co). There was a minor muddle up on delivery which both Ric and I could only laugh at - won't bore you with the details.

I'll do a separate post on pro and con etc in a separate manner - this is just to show you where I have been since delivery (and yes sir is it's real).

Odometer is at 400km after only 2 days and half of that was taking the truck up to Lamington National Park. For those who don't know it, the road up that mountain is windy, hairpin central and you barely get about 80 at any point (probably average 40 going up). You need to dodge cows and roos for half the trip then tourists in vans who don't know what give way means for a single lane mountain pass!!! For a heavy bit of machinery, the Gren moves up light and heavy inclines with little effort and the diesel doing 'a little' work rings true to my ears. So today was a simple pleasure of taking the family out for a small hike and something to eat!

Lamington as in O'Reilly's ? Because that is a very interesting challenge for a Grenadier, a prick of a steep winding road and all credit to any vehicle that makes it look easy, wow I am impressed!

Edit.
Is yours Magic Mushroom?
I got this from my grandson yesterday, "Just saw another Grenadier! Driving on the winding road from Canungra to Clagiraba. Caramel coloured looked really good"

Last edited:

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score

Patience tested!😟 Well worth the wait by the look of it.😁 Looks great

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Lamington as in O'Reilly's ? Because that is a very interesting challenge for a Grenadier, a prick of a steep winding road and all credit to any vehicle that makes it look easy, wow I am impressed!

Edit.
Is yours Magic Mushroom?
I got this from my grandson yesterday, "Just saw another Grenadier! Driving on the winding road from Canungra to Clagiraba. Caramel coloured looked really good"
Haha that was probably me. Magic Mushroom it is sir. I normally come back through Canugra and then through Clag and out to Nerang for that trip. The more scenic route is back through Tamborine but didn't have time!

The Gren felt effortless for a big machine going up that track, hairpins/bends no problems, acceleration out of bends was superb and won't lie but barely noticed the body roll (do this mountain in a Pajero Sport and you feel seasick at the 15-minute mark). Outward driving performance is excellent and the 3LTTD in my view an excellent engine match up. One thing, you do need to push the steering wheel a little harder than the EU SUVs/Sedans and keep an eye on your line due to some tight corners and seemingly close drop offs! - so good fun in any case as its a truck that you 'need to drive', no lane assist: - no problems.

As for the footrest (and all that!) @Davman - I will drive for the full week and throw a list of thoughts together on the weekend coming. I am trialing all seating positions and general feet arrangements throughout my 600+km of work trips this week :unsure:... although my feet did get wet!!!

This is one example of what the winding road looks like over just a few short km...
1698676795023.png

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
FoundView attachment 7831342 it ..was at my Dealers Showroom
I was down there Saturday arvo, they have a few customer vehicles sitting there. Wonder what the delivery delay is. Maybe waiting for software update?
Christian wasn’t around so there was no one to ask.

Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
I was down there Saturday arvo, they have a few customer vehicles sitting there. Wonder what the delivery delay is. Maybe waiting for software update?
Christian wasn’t around so there was no one to ask.
Is yours in at this stage Greg? Took delivery yesterday about 1200hrs so you will see me driving around the place as from now.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is yours in at this stage Greg? Took delivery yesterday about 1200hrs so you will see me driving around the place as from now.
I will keep an eye out for you, would be hard to miss.
Mine just unloaded in Brisbane (supposedly) so i am a few weeks away yet.
Yours is speced similar to mine in looks, white, bullbar, no raised air intake. But yours has alloy wheels where i went with steel.
So almost twins.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
... first official sighting (?) 👀
I was told by the dealer they have them now and they‘ll be fitting them to the vehicles they have in the lot now and future vehicles (Sydney).

Back
Top Bottom