The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fusilier On Hold???

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
Audi shuts down the production of the Q8 e-tron in the Brussels plant in Belgium with 3,300 employees due to the lack of demand. 53,000 units of that car were build there last year. If it will be build again, then most probably in Mexico.

AWo
Wow that’s big news - although TBH, I didn’t see a lot of them around, and the reviews were pretty meh. A lot of people were just sticking with Tesla X or X Plaid if they wanted the rush. Seems like everyone is hitting the pause button - price points, what will China do, crappy charging infrastructure, inability to take on more debt to take on the infrastructure problem, and governments focused on economic stabilization and 2 wars. As much as I hate the new engines, at least Toyota is playing a smarter game by remaining focused on hybrid, but they also don’t have the exposure to European manufacturing EV mandates that Audi does - so maybe you’re right. Maybe Audi picks up with a new plan in the US or Mexico, like Toyota or BMW. But you guys want to know the good news? We all drive Grenadiers! Not our problem!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
I was informed by my Ineos representative that the BEV was canceled. Now I ordered a G580 edition one, which will be delivered to me in October. For me cancellation of an BEV is like the Brexit: Driven by fear, backward-looking, wrong in the long term.
BEV could prove to be wrong in the long term. It is all we have now, but massive batteries have their own issues and contribute to massive vehicle weight. And recognizing each Country is different, limited charging infrastructure does not bode well for “long term”. I could drive a BEV to work daily, recharging at home, but USA-level roadtrips would be frustrating. I also noted a new EV charging station at my local supermarket - powered by a containerized diesel generator. That is not the future.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
BEV could prove to be wrong in the long term. It is all we have now, but massive batteries have their own issues and contribute to massive vehicle weight. And recognizing each Country is different, limited charging infrastructure does not bode well for “long term”. I could drive a BEV to work daily, recharging at home, but USA-level roadtrips would be frustrating. I also noted a new EV charging station at my local supermarket - powered by a containerized diesel generator. That is not the future.
Anyone who watched the BEV disaster in Chicago last winter should see the problem. If you drive long distances, or if you live in an apartment in a big city without dedicated parking and chargers, especially a city with low winter temps (Boston, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto) - you’re hosed. Your nightmare will continue for the foreseeable future. If you really want to go there, hybrid or range extenders are the viable options in those scenarios. Zero interest on my part in being the corpse in the middle of the woods, with my last whispered prayer being to St. Greta of the Immaculate Pigtails as I clutch my rosary beads in my frozen, desiccated hands.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
Anyone who watched the BEV disaster in Chicago last winter should see the problem. If you drive long distances, or if you live in an apartment in a big city without dedicated parking and chargers, especially a city with low winter temps (Boston, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto) - you’re hosed. Your nightmare will continue for the foreseeable future. If you really want to go there, hybrid or range extenders are the viable options in those scenarios. Zero interest on my part in being the corpse in the middle of the woods, with my last whispered prayer being to St. Greta of the Immaculate Pigtails as I clutch my rosary beads in my frozen, desiccated hands.
I am about to go on this work trip
Toogoom to Townsville and back from Sunday 28th July to Saturday 3rd August
Lots of driving around for work in various towns and cities along the way
The back of the Grenadier will also be full of demo gear and it is mostly rural areas with lots of suicidal wildlife
I need a big vehicle with a bull bar which kind of rules out a Tesla or any of the basic electric vehicles.
Last trip a kangaroo smacked into the front left corner of my Grenadier less than 1 km from home.

1720629006206.png1720628977154.png

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The back of the Grenadier will also be full of demo gear and it is mostly rural areas with lots of suicidal wildlife
I need a big vehicle with a bull bar which kind of rules out a Tesla or any of the basic electric vehicles.
Last trip a kangaroo smacked into the front left corner of my Grenadier less than 1 km from home.

View attachment 7862983View attachment 7862982
No, what you REALLY want for that trip is a Fiat 500e with a 220km working range (less with a roo bar). You will have the pleasure of recharging 10 times each way. It will be epic. Be sure to tow a big diesel generator so you can power your charging station when the battery needs topping off. Be sure to send pictures!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7862983View attachment 7862982

The best vehicle for that trip is probably a Toyota Camry hybrid wagon. But you’ll enjoy it more in your grenadier.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The best vehicle for that trip is probably a Toyota Camry hybrid wagon. But you’ll enjoy it more in your grenadier.
I would struggle driving a Toyota Camry type vehicle without getting depressed and feeling like my life was a failure.
That would be like drinking instant coffee, eating McDonalds, buying footwear from payless shoes or listening to talk back radio.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would struggle driving a Toyota Camry type vehicle without getting depressed and feeling like my life was a failure.
That would be like drinking instant coffee, eating McDonalds, buying footwear from payless shoes or listening to talk back radio.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Macca on the radio on a Sunday morning. 😉

And I didn’t say it was the most enjoyable, just the most appropriate. 😂😂

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
Extract from a recent article (a bit UK centric)

Ineos Automotive explained the decision to delay the Fusilier’s launch further, telling Auto Express in a statement: “Charging infrastructure for EVs in most markets continues to grow and consumer confidence will match that, but for the industry to meet net-zero targets there needs to be long-term clarity from policymakers and a number of technology options available considering factors like raw materials, infrastructure and affordability.

“We are committed to bringing an EV to market not just because of legislation but because we want to – it is the right thing to do – but as a new small volume manufacturer we can only produce vehicles that will sell.”

One example of that type of legislation is the UK Government’s Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) mandate. This demands that carmakers meet specific sales targets for electric vehicles as a percentage of overall sales. For 2024 it’s 22%, and brands who fail to reach that level will be hit with a £15,000 fine for every combustion-engined car sold outside their allowance.

Ineos also cited the UK Government’s ban on sales of all new petrol and diesel cars in 2035, and pointed to the Labour party’s promise that it would bring forward that date to 2030 if elected into power.

The Fusilier hasn’t been scrapped altogether though, with the brand promising us it will pick things up again at some point.

Reactions: Max

AWo

Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
Toyota is playing a smarter game

Toyota considers itself as a global mobility provider, so they have to offer what works in different regions and markets and what is demanded there.

So they offer the whole range of technology available. The best way to play this game.

AWo

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
Extract from a recent article (a bit UK centric)

Ineos Automotive explained the decision to delay the Fusilier’s launch further, telling Auto Express in a statement: “Charging infrastructure for EVs in most markets continues to grow and consumer confidence will match that, but for the industry to meet net-zero targets there needs to be long-term clarity from policymakers and a number of technology options available considering factors like raw materials, infrastructure and affordability.

“We are committed to bringing an EV to market not just because of legislation but because we want to – it is the right thing to do – but as a new small volume manufacturer we can only produce vehicles that will sell.”

One example of that type of legislation is the UK Government’s Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) mandate. This demands that carmakers meet specific sales targets for electric vehicles as a percentage of overall sales. For 2024 it’s 22%, and brands who fail to reach that level will be hit with a £15,000 fine for every combustion-engined car sold outside their allowance.

Ineos also cited the UK Government’s ban on sales of all new petrol and diesel cars in 2035, and pointed to the Labour party’s promise that it would bring forward that date to 2030 if elected into power.

The Fusilier hasn’t been scrapped altogether though, with the brand promising us it will pick things up again at some point.
Thanks for posting the article.

I couldn't get my head around the Fusilier being fully electric at all but then reading..."a number of technology options available considering factors like raw materials, infrastructure and affordability"...made me think that they have taken a step back and looking forward before being another bull at the gate...great decision in my book...and where is Elon our space captain thinking of dumping his old batteries...MARS? ;)

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can see the problem...Inadequate alright you can't even get into one park space :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hey - I was keeping my distance for safety. This is ‘Murika, that guy had US Military Expedition license plates, and he WOULD shoot me if I pulled up to the line.

• Haha
Reactions: Max
Back
Top Bottom