The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Would you pay for an electric step/electric step slider?

• Yes, step only (not suitable for serious off-road use)

• Yes, slider only (off-road suitable)

• Yes, either / both

• No

• Price: between $5-7.5k USD

• Between $4-5k USD

• Between $3-4k USD

• Between $2-3k USD

• Let’s be realistic, they won’t be less than $2k

• I’m broke

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toot

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve been messaging all the usual suspects that produce electric steps and/or rock sliders with steps integrated for other vehicles. So far they all say that they do not have plans to produce electric steps for the Grenadier. Usually it’s a flat “no” and if I’m lucky I’ll occasionally get a vague “not at this time.” So I figured I’d attempt to do some rudimentary data collection so I can go back to them and say “Hey power step gods, there are X number of Grenadier owners looking for this product that would pay roughly Y dollars, let’s do this!”

If you’re interested, please fill out the poll. I enabled multi-choice so please indicate both your interest (or lack thereof) and the rough maximum price you would pay for this product. In the comments it might be useful to list any potential manufacturers you like as well.

I know there have been a few threads about this and a number of you have also made inquiries, but I don’t believe anyone has tried to formalize a group buy yet. And yes, I know that there is currently an electric step out China (Summer Auto Parts) that a couple of retailers have begun to carry under various names. The Summer step is not suitable for off-road use, and personally speaking, I would like to see a product from a more reputable/well known producer.

Cheers.
-Toot

Last edited:

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is an interesting concept and they have a number of versions (for different vehicle brands/models) including the MB G-Wagen. It couldn't take too much effort to make adjustments to suit the IG, right?

chtucker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
This is an interesting concept and they have a number of versions (for different vehicle brands/models) including the MB G-Wagen. It couldn't take too much effort to make adjustments to suit the IG, right?

At 4k I would say nope, there is not a great reason that they cost $1500 more than Jeep/Bronco sliders

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At 4k I would say nope, there is not a great reason that they cost $1500 more than Jeep/Bronco sliders
I agree but I think they are really taking advantage of the wealthy folks that want to put a "cool-looking" accessory on their G-Wagen. I would hope that the pricing for the off-road enthusiast community would be more in line with the Bronco/Jeep versions. But probably not given the starting price of the IG... :p

Have you seen any other similar products at a more reasonable price?

Back
Top Bottom