The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Double cab / pickup gets a name ~ Quartermaster

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the antenna sticking out?
Screenshot_20230713_194058.jpg
Screenshot_20230713_194022.jpg

And doesn't it have a rear skid plate?
Screenshot_20230713_160711_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the lack of info being pushed out by Ineos is indicative that the idea really is dead in the water.
Hydrogen can work if we get the infrastructure in place to support it. Whilst at the dealers today I was told that there was a hydrogen version at Goodwood

Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
Very bad mounting point of antenna!

The mountingpoint of the antenna is the same bad option as in the new VW-Amarok/Ford-Ranger.
Who planned this??
A Pickup is also used for a roof-rack or a Canopy.
If they mount the antenna in front of the roof, that was no problem (in most cases).
Or build the Antenna in the Windscreen or in the mirrors, then you can load everything about the roof without problems.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the lack of info being pushed out by Ineos is indicative that the idea really is dead in the water.
I watched Goodwood live and there was a Hydrogen powered Grenadier going up the hill. Looked like it was scooting along pretty good as well. Personally, I would rather have Hydrogen powered Grenadier than an electric one. Good looking truck that Quartermaster is. You can see it at the around the -2:00:00 mark

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I'm alluding to, Goodwood was supposed to be the big reveal for the hydrogen version, but since the initial notification, there's not been anything said & all the PR has been centred on the QM.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realise that link has got new info in. Big swing away from Hyundai and now in BMWs camp.

👍

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:19 AM
Reaction score
Disappointing price, payload, and should have cab/chassis and/or dropside option. I was really keen on getting one of these, but not now. My 27yr old Defender will still carry a tonne and get 10.5 L/100kms albeit not as comfortably.
About a year ago the guys at ineos told me the cab/chassis was definitely coming to Australia.
Of course all things can change in a year

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
About a year ago the guys at ineos told me the cab/chassis was definitely coming to Australia.
Of course all things can change in a year
I’m wondering if the poor payload is that they are keeping some in reserve for batteries?⚡⚡️ Otherwise I am baffled 🤷‍♂️

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m wondering if the poor payload is that they are keeping some in reserve for batteries?⚡⚡️ Otherwise I am baffled 🤷‍♂️
It’s all to do with Homologation - the same vehicle for the whole world. Many of their Worldwide markets have a 3.5T GVM restriction on a standard drivers license, which means the payloads are restricted not by engineering capability, but by an arbitrary figure. The solid weight of the Gren counts against it here.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s all to do with Homologation - the Sam vehicle for the whole world. Many of their Worldwide markets have a 3.5T GVM restriction on a standard drivers license, which means the payloads are restricted not by engineering capability, but by an arbitrary figure. The solid weight of the Gren counts against it here.
looks like we were typing at the same time, with very similar thoughts

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if IA will have the ute at the 4WD Show here in Sydney from tomorrow?
Will have kept it very much under wraps if they do. Have seen no rumours of it getting around here.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s all to do with Homologation - the same vehicle for the whole world. Many of their Worldwide markets have a 3.5T GVM restriction on a standard drivers license, which means the payloads are restricted not by engineering capability, but by an arbitrary figure. The solid weight of the Gren counts against it here.
For Australia they would do well to offer a pre registration GVM upgrade. With the new rules in QLD pretty likely it will be possible to do an upgrade with little to no mods, would be interesting to see what an engineer had to say. I suspect the existing specs of the Grenadier would come close to meeting requirements.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For Australia they would do well to offer a pre registration GVM upgrade. With the new rules in QLD pretty likely it will be possible to do an upgrade with little to no mods, would be interesting to see what an engineer had to say. I suspect the existing specs of the Grenadier would come close to meeting requirements.
Dealer told me they weren't allowed to do a pre-reg GVM upgrade because they don't own the vehicle.
Ineos owns it until it is registered

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
750kgs payload and so far no option for Cab Chassis and to spec the same as my wagon order would be almost $150k AUD. I think this will be an interesting sell for them. If it was 1 Tonne payload and you could get a cab chassis version it might spark some interest
I think they have shot themselves in the foot with pricing now. Quite disappointing tbh. My current order in a DC is now $144k. There is no way I'd pay that given the payload.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Very bad mounting point of antenna!

The mountingpoint of the antenna is the same bad option as in the new VW-Amarok/Ford-Ranger.
Who planned this??
A Pickup is also used for a roof-rack or a Canopy.
If they mount the antenna in front of the roof, that was no problem (in most cases).
Or build the Antenna in the Windscreen or in the mirrors, then you can load everything about the roof without problems.
A clearer image:
Screenshot_20230714_070431.jpg

Back
Top Bottom