The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Dealer inventory increasing… good or bad?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
There are a few of us on here gentlemen ;).
Outside of those of “us” in the know (and original reservation holders), I haven’t seen any commercial ads regarding the Grenadier. Could Ineos be building up inventory prior to a marketing campaign? Shipping over “inventory” along with reservations. Also still sorting out the issues of warranty work, road side assistance (yes that has been solved), etc prior to marketing. Dealers still seem to working issues out.

My wife had no issues jumping in the Grenadier and driving it all over Dewey Delaware when we were up there for vacation.

No complaints about the power steering noise, steering feel or anything else that seems to plague the big strong men of the Internet.
1716215311713.jpg

Last edited:

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
My wife had no issues jumping in the Grenadier and driving it all over Dewey Delaware when we were up there for vacation.

No complaints about the power steering noise, steering feel or anything else that seems to plague the big strong men of the Internet.
View attachment 7857428
Could be worse, waiting for the "Just bought the Belfast 1924 edition..
where's my jacket?"

Local time
Reaction score

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dallas (Sewell) has finally put available inventory on their website. 24 new and 1 used right now.
Humorous that what they show are RHD with solid cargo panels stock photos and not actual photos of what they have on the lot.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Dallas (Sewell) has finally put available inventory on their website. 24 new and 1 used right now.
I went through some of the inventory. Like other places, no locking diffs and some wacky combinations. Again, seems like a lot of people spec out a version with no intention of buying and they are garbage builds.

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
It took me about 2 months to find a Fieldmaster in Green or Red with locking differentials and a couple of other goodies I really wanted. I was mostly using cars.com and looking at the photos not the features for the search. It seems that at least half of them are not described correctly by the dealer..

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
It took me about 2 months to find a Fieldmaster in Green or Red with locking differentials and a couple of other goodies I really wanted. I was mostly using cars.com and looking at the photos not the features for the search. It seems that at least half of them are not described correctly by the dealer..
I also find it far quicker and more accurate thumbing through the pics and ignoring the description.

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Chatter that I have heard...take if for what you will... is that some expected more of a luxury type vehicle and were disappointed with the utilitarian lack of accoutrements. That in addition to high interest rates have seem to cause some to rethink getting into a vehicle at this point. Sooooo what did I do? I bought one! 😁 Love it so far!!

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Chatter that I have heard...take if for what you will... is that some expected more of a luxury type vehicle and were disappointed with the utilitarian lack of accoutrements. That in addition to high interest rates have seem to cause some to rethink getting into a vehicle at this point. Sooooo what did I do? I bought one! 😁 Love it so far!!
LOL agree. I love the look on my wife's and kids' faces every time they look for a vanity mirror under the right side visor. :)

This car is NOT for posers.

Two months in, and my love affair with the car continues strong.

Last edited:

AWo

Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
At least in Germany Grenadiers on stock are offered at special (cheaper) prices.

Ineos made that offer last week at the big Abenteuer&Allrad fair in Germany and in internal E-Mails for Ineos employees and on their website.

Screenshot_20240605_224031_Firefox.jpg

The conditions are not mentioned and you have to go to the dealer to get an offer. It is not offered online.

Valid until 06-26-2024. You can't combine it with the actual Ineos financial service conditions.

AWo

AWo

Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
German dealer Abntr4x4 has just started to offer Grenadiers on stock at special conditions, as well. Just found that on Instagram:

1718189844019.jpg

AWo

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
LOL agree. I love the look on my wife's and kids' faces every time they look for a vanity mirror under the right side visor. :)

This car is NOT for posers.

Two months in, and my love affair with the car continues strong.
I did have to get a mirror off Amazon, other than that, she does love it. Although after the first test drive it was touch & go, it didn't have any steps and she fell out, didn't go down well at all. I found it funny and assured I would have steps on mine

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
Free jackets finished months ago

I was advised yesterday that the jackets are currently on hold, both for new and already delivered vehicles.
Expected delivery of my jacket is 3 months plus (no firm or guestimated date), and I have had my vehicle for 4 months already. That timeframe would see me getting my jacket just in time for the Australian summer. 😡

To be honest I’d prefer free checkerplate for roughly the same value.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
I was advised yesterday that the jackets are currently on hold, both for new and already delivered vehicles.
Expected delivery of my jacket is 3 months plus (no firm or guestimated date), and I have had my vehicle for 4 months already. That timeframe would see me getting my jacket just in time for the Australian summer. 😡

To be honest I’d prefer free checkerplate for roughly the same value.
I recall receiving an email late last year saying the free jacket deal had been finished for all new orders
I think it was around November.
I guess you must have ordered your vehicle before that,
The jacket has very little use for me and I haven't worn it yet.
It is winter now, and we have had a few single digit nights, but still low/mid 20's during the day.
By 10 am I am in shorts and a t-Shirt or jeans and polo shirt if going to see customers.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was reminded the other day that Ineos has yet to run true advertising campaign (outside of social media posts) in the USA announcing the arrival of The Grenadier. Almost all orders placed in the USA were generated by word of mouth, the automotive press and social media posts made by owners and enthusiasts. My order originated with a magazine article and review.

My strong advice for any prospective buyer sitting on the fence and hoping for a price reduction on new vehicles is to BUY NOW! There will certainly be a price increase for 2025. If it follows other makes, the base price will increase by $3,000 -$4,000 for the 2025 model year.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
puppet GIF

Local time
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I want Ineos and the Grenadier to be successful! But I keep having the nagging feeling we might be looking at a Lotus Elise type trajectory.

Wonderful idea, enthusiasts loved it, US wanted it, then...

US Sales (Elise/Exige)
2005 - 3,321
2006 - 1,417
2007 - 735
2008 - 425
2009 - 146
2010 - 95
2011 (final edition) - 186

I know I'm comparing apples and Brussel sprouts, but is anyone else concerned that once the niche market is supplied it's going to be rough going for Sir Jim? I know Arcane and Fusilier and hydrogen and they haven't advertised and ?. I'm just being realistic and wondering how big the market really is? The DFW and Houston dealers are each sitting on ~$2M worth of passed over trucks currently available.

Just wondering aloud.

Back
Top Bottom