The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

DaveB Vehicle Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
Reactions from public
  • Quite a few double takes from people in other vehicles with rapid head turns, waves and thumbs up.
  • Stopped after 2 hours driving for a Scottish break and came out to a group of people walking around the beast. One guy asked me if I owned it from new or had it restored and upgraded. I had to explain it wasn't a Landrover.
  • One neighbour who owns an FJ Cruiser absolutely loved it. His wife steered him away from it and back to the house to do some work. He kept turning back and having a look at something else on the beast. To the point of bonnet up, back seats up, climbing the ladder etc.
  • Other neighbour who is a long time 4WDer and owns a dual cab ute, absolutely loved it. Smiles from ear to ear.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After forgetting to replace the safari windows. Man , those carpets will be full of midges 😁
Bag for the safari windows will be going on a shelf in the office, until the shed is built, as I doubt I will ever remove them.
I have both carpet and rubber mats but the carpet ones will go onto the same shelf until needed for dress occasion.
I once left my Suzuki Sierra parked overnight with the roof off and next morning I had to take the bungs out of the floor as there was 100 mm of rain in the footwells.
I also had to open the drivers door and let the water in during a creek crossing to stop the vehicle floating away.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Bag for the safari windows will be going on a shelf in the office, until the shed is built, as I doubt I will ever remove them.
I have both carpet and rubber mats but the carpet ones will go onto the same shelf until needed for dress occasion.
I once left my Suzuki Sierra parked overnight with the roof off and next morning I had to take the bungs out of the floor as there was 100 mm of rain in the footwells.
I also had to open the drivers door and let the water in during a creek crossing to stop the vehicle floating away.
Make sure you do a dry run of pulling the plastic flooring out and replace the silly roll pins in the bung with R clips .
Don't let anyone open the door on a creek crossing. The battery/ fuse compartment is not sealed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Aircon
  • Yesterday's temperature ranged from 35-41 degrees Celsius 95 - 106 F
  • Aircon set to 24 auto managed no problem
  • Got a shock when I stopped and opened the door at just how hot it was outside
  • returning to vehicle I turned aircon down to maximum low to quickly cool it down and had to turn the vents away from me to avoid frostbite
  • I had safari windows tinted and they are no problem in that heat and direct sunlight. No need for blockout blinds or padded panels.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It's ironic how we have to burn fossil fuels or use sunlight to cool us down!

Bit of a vicious cycle if you ask me!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Aircon
  • Yesterday's temperature ranged from 35-41 degrees Celsius 95 - 106 F
  • Aircon set to 24 auto managed no problem
  • Got a shock when I stopped and opened the door at just how hot it was outside
  • returning to vehicle I turned aircon down to maximum low to quickly cool it down and had to turn the vents away from me to avoid frostbite
  • I had safari windows tinted and they are no problem in that heat and direct sunlight. No need for blockout blinds or padded panels.
I was warned by my Agent not to have Safari windows tinted, I didn’t fully understand the science but apparently it makes them prone to cracking due to causing extreme temperature differences across the glass.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I was warned by my Agent not to have Safari windows tinted, I didn’t fully understand the science but apparently it makes them prone to cracking due to causing extreme temperature differences across the glass.
Interesting.
I guess DB & others will be putting the science to the test.
And proving it's a myth?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
Dave how dark of a film did you apply on the safari windows? Perhaps a photo when you get a chance

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting.
I guess DB & others will be putting the science to the test.
And proving it's a myth?
From your link

Window films will increase the temperature of your sunlit glass, which will in turn increase the stress on the glass’ edges. The quality of the glass edge and several other factors (external shading, interior shading, glass history, type of film, size/shape of glass, indoor/outdoor temperature) all contribute to the risk of glass breakage.”

So it is possible that the specific design factors of the Safari windows and the location of them make them more at risk.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
From your link

Window films will increase the temperature of your sunlit glass, which will in turn increase the stress on the glass’ edges. The quality of the glass edge and several other factors (external shading, interior shading, glass history, type of film, size/shape of glass, indoor/outdoor temperature) all contribute to the risk of glass breakage.”

So it is possible that the specific design factors of the Safari windows and the location of them make them more at risk.
My further reading indicates that causes of sunroofs cracking are due to:
1. imperfections in the glass (manufacturing) and
2 imperfections in the installer. Too much pressure being one factor.

Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
Reactions from public
  • One neighbour who owns an FJ Cruiser absolutely loved it. His wife steered him away from it and back to the house to do some work. He kept turning back and having a look at something else on the beast. To the point of bonnet up, back seats up, climbing the ladder etc.
Hahahaha she knows what is coming next ;)

Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
I dont think the grenadier floating away is a concern, or floating at all really 🤔
Pbs Nature Africa GIF by Nature on PBS

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well as mine was done/organised by the Ineos agent they can take the blame.
I will be thinking about that while driving the 4 hours to them without a safari window, in the rain and hail.
It's not my fault........it's their fault......
1698813340174.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's ironic how we have to burn fossil fuels or use sunlight to cool us down!

Bit of a vicious cycle if you ask me!
We aren't burning fossil fuels, we are recycling them.
They are just sitting there underground rotting away and going to waste.
We re-use and release their goodness into the atmosphere, which then settles to the ground and so the cycle begins again.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So today was a mixed bag.
Rear door open warning started coming on, bright red with picture of both doors open and flashing 'danger Will Robinson, danger"
I got out, slammed them shut and no more issues.
In between calling on customers I stopped at 3 4wd stores in Hervey Bay looking for a rear step that would fit into the standard Hayman Reece receiver on the back.
None of them had ever heard of one, all suggested I just change the rear bumper to a metal one with a built in step.
None had ever heard of an Ineos Grenadier, nor were they remotely curious to see what it looked like.
Hello....hello ....wake up.
I guess that's what you get on minimum wage.

1698815091138.png

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
From inside on left on a clear blue sky day, you can just make out the light white clouds
From outside they are the same colour as the Donny Gray roof.

View attachment 7831361View attachment 7831362
Hi Dave, Congrats on taking possession of your new Grenadier.
Now the start of buying all the kit. Fun Fun.
Tint looks nice. Was the tint applied to the inside of the glass?
DaBull

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
So today was a mixed bag.
Rear door open warning started coming on, bright red with picture of both doors open and flashing 'danger Will Robinson, danger"
I got out, slammed them shut and no more issues.
In between calling on customers I stopped at 3 4wd stores in Hervey Bay looking for a rear step that would fit into the standard Hayman Reece receiver on the back.
None of them had ever heard of one, all suggested I just change the rear bumper to a metal one with a built in step.
None had ever heard of an Ineos Grenadier, nor were they remotely curious to see what it looked like.
Hello....hello ....wake up.
I guess that's what you get on minimum wage.

View attachment 7831365
Hi Dave, Weather Tech makes a rear step / rear bumper protector that fits the tow bar opening. Not sure if this is what your looking for. DaBull https://www.weathertech.com/products/bumpstep/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom