The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Curry Ineos Grenadier of Danbury (previously Thread for the Tri State Dealer as yet unannounced)

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score
After 4 days with my Greenadier, i ordered Black Shadow single tube side steps, it is a stretch for me to get in/out without them, once my family tries it, there will be non stop complaining, I reckon…. They are not that expensive and will do for the time being. I am hoping, at some point, some retractable side steps will come on market.

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well got to visit my truck today. She is fantastic. Scoop her in a week or so.

Attachments

• IMG_1336.jpeg
    IMG_1336.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1339.jpeg
    IMG_1339.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1340.jpeg
    IMG_1340.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1344.jpeg
    IMG_1344.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1343.jpeg
    IMG_1343.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 93

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, and they said that they are ordering the control units for the subs and will install them after the fact.

Local time
Reaction score
No. I haven’t made up my mind but I’m leaning heavily towards the Buzz Overland product.

The NJ shop OK4WD is the stateside distributor.
I like those. Nice looking.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sold my D2 privately on the 21st. Timing was good as I just received word from Michael Hanley that my truck is loaded on a carrier. He’ll call me once the PDI is complete so I collect. Many of my accessories won’t be ready at delivery. I’ll delay getting the tow fix until they have those ready and get it all done at the same time.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sold my D2 privately on the 21st. Timing was good as I just received word from Michael Hanley that my truck is loaded on a carrier. He’ll call me once the PDI is complete so I collect. Many of my accessories won’t be ready at delivery. I’ll delay getting the tow fix until they have those ready and get it all done at the same time.
That’s great.

I’m worried about the time frame between at the port and keys in my hand. I hope it’s not too long as my proverbial ship will come in this weekend. In theory at least it’s slated to doc 12/30.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s great.

I’m worried about the time frame between at the port and keys in my hand. I hope it’s not too long as my proverbial ship will come in this weekend. In theory at least it’s slated to doc 12/30.
My guess is that you won’t have to wait as long as some of us November deliveries have. It’s not an unfamiliar car to the port workers anymore. The hitch, winch and pinched wires slowed things down too.

AJW_603

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well mine has been at the port since Oct 31. Hopefully yours will be quicker through the port than mine...my timing has to be one of the slowest because of the hitch issue.
I’m in same boat… arrived in Baltimore on Oct 31st and still waiting to hear. Just didn’t want you to think you’re alone ;), I feel your pain.

Last edited:

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not yet. Michael had just said next week as I’m traveling through new years. They had still needed to do the PDI. A lot of the fuses weren’t installed yet and the accessories. They ship them without the fuses in case of fire I guess. You?

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Safe travels and have a happy and healthy New Year.

MH sent me an email on Wednesday that he’d be in touch with me yesterday to send pictures of my vehicle and to discuss the final details. Still waiting for the call.

He did mention that many of my accessories won’t be available by the time I can pick it up. He offered a service by which they’d pick up the truck and bring back for the tow fix and accessory installation.

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Safe travels and have a happy and healthy New Year.

MH sent me an email on Wednesday that he’d be in touch with me yesterday to send pictures of my vehicle and to discuss the final details. Still waiting for the call.

He did mention that many of my accessories won’t be available by the time I can pick it up. He offered a service by which they’d pick up the truck and bring back for the tow fix and accessory installation.
Did they mention about the recall (the relay control wire)

will this issue be fixed before taking delivery or do we need to return for the recall?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did they mention about the recall (the relay control wire)

will this issue be fixed before taking delivery or do we need to return for the recall?
The wire will be inspected and fixed if needed prior to delivery

SVP7

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am in London for the holidays and swung by the Grenadier. Great spot down a quiet mews for a drink and a bite to eat. Would never know you are in the middle of Knightsbridge. Would put it on your list to do if you are ever in London.

Attachments

• IMG_1590.jpeg
    IMG_1590.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 68

adamrochlin

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wow! Picked up my Grenny yesterday (12/30/23) at Curry with Michael Fiore and team (Sal too) and the whole experience was fantastic. From when we walked up and saw this gorgeous Grenadier on the showroom floor across from a G-Wagon, and the Grenadier was mine (and it was nicer) to the thoughtful swag-bag Curry included, it was a great day. We live just under 2-hours from Curry and got to experience the handling and ride the whole way back. Notes: Fiore set a "favorite" setting on the dash that is just two clicks to turn-off the speed warning (very easy) but even with the warning indicator on, it simply sounds like a blinker clicking, which does remind me to slow down and isn't loud or that bad. The Grenny handles like a luxury 4-wheel drive vehicle when that vehicle is in 4-wheel mode. While the steering wheel does not spin back after turning 90-degrees like a 2-wheel drive car, if you've driven a 4-wheel vehicle you get used to that quick. There is a yellow "speed-limit indicator light" that comes onto the dash when the car-system cannot read the speed-zone, I noticed it came on when we were in a construction zone and shut off when we exited the highway, so don't be concerned about that.

I did finance part of the purchase with a local NY credit union as Sal said they only have one option with Santanda right now at the rate was high. Also, no worries, Curry honors the manufacture's price and doesn't try to gorge you!

I've now been stopped over 5-times in one day with people asking me "what is that", "that car is hot" and I may need to just hand out Curry's business card!

Happy to respond to any questions you fellow grenadiers have!

Attachments

• IMG_7153.jpeg
    IMG_7153.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7152.jpeg
    IMG_7152.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7139.jpeg
    IMG_7139.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7140.jpeg
    IMG_7140.jpeg