The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Curry Ineos Grenadier of Danbury (previously Thread for the Tri State Dealer as yet unannounced)

Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Wow! Picked up my Grenny yesterday (12/30/23) at Curry with Michael Fiore and team (Sal too) and the whole experience was fantastic. From when we walked up and saw this gorgeous Grenadier on the showroom floor across from a G-Wagon, and the Grenadier was mine (and it was nicer) to the thoughtful swag-bag Curry included, it was a great day. We live just under 2-hours from Curry and got to experience the handling and ride the whole way back. Notes: Fiore set a "favorite" setting on the dash that is just two clicks to turn-off the speed warning (very easy) but even with the warning indicator on, it simply sounds like a blinker clicking, which does remind me to slow down and isn't loud or that bad. The Grenny handles like a luxury 4-wheel drive vehicle when that vehicle is in 4-wheel mode. While the steering wheel does not spin back after turning 90-degrees like a 2-wheel drive car, if you've driven a 4-wheel vehicle you get used to that quick. There is a yellow "speed-limit indicator light" that comes onto the dash when the car-system cannot read the speed-zone, I noticed it came on when we were in a construction zone and shut off when we exited the highway, so don't be concerned about that.

I did finance part of the purchase with a local NY credit union as Sal said they only have one option with Santanda right now at the rate was high. Also, no worries, Curry honors the manufacture's price and doesn't try to gorge you!

I've now been stopped over 5-times in one day with people asking me "what is that", "that car is hot" and I may need to just hand out Curry's business card!

Happy to respond to any questions you fellow grenadiers have!
Really exciting to see the experience with Curry has been positive. I’m looking at an April 24 delivery. The silver looks really neat too!

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow! Picked up my Grenny yesterday (12/30/23) at Curry with Michael Fiore and team (Sal too) and the whole experience was fantastic. From when we walked up and saw this gorgeous Grenadier on the showroom floor across from a G-Wagon, and the Grenadier was mine (and it was nicer) to the thoughtful swag-bag Curry included, it was a great day. We live just under 2-hours from Curry and got to experience the handling and ride the whole way back. Notes: Fiore set a "favorite" setting on the dash that is just two clicks to turn-off the speed warning (very easy) but even with the warning indicator on, it simply sounds like a blinker clicking, which does remind me to slow down and isn't loud or that bad. The Grenny handles like a luxury 4-wheel drive vehicle when that vehicle is in 4-wheel mode. While the steering wheel does not spin back after turning 90-degrees like a 2-wheel drive car, if you've driven a 4-wheel vehicle you get used to that quick. There is a yellow "speed-limit indicator light" that comes onto the dash when the car-system cannot read the speed-zone, I noticed it came on when we were in a construction zone and shut off when we exited the highway, so don't be concerned about that.

I did finance part of the purchase with a local NY credit union as Sal said they only have one option with Santanda right now at the rate was high. Also, no worries, Curry honors the manufacture's price and doesn't try to gorge you!

I've now been stopped over 5-times in one day with people asking me "what is that", "that car is hot" and I may need to just hand out Curry's business card!

Congrats! That’s beautiful. I noticed that you have side runners installed already, how much did Curry charge for the installation?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:41 AM
Reaction score

Happy New Year to you and your New Grenadier. DaBull

bneri

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up my Grenadier 12/30 as well from Curry -- excellent experience all-around. They are super-efficient, well-organized and bring back that old-school feeling/experience when you purchase a new vehicle from a special company. Now having driven the truck for 150 miles, I'm excited to hopefully have the update to remove the speed warning (also put to on favorites to minimize clicking to turn off on start-up) and, as engine lights give me anxiety, don't love the intermittent speed limit indicator warning when it can't read the road speed limits. Turning off the start/stop engine button every time is also slightly annoying. Otherwise the steering is less reactive, as typical for an off-road truck, but I'm accustomed to this with original defenders. In all, I absolutely love it and is everything I hoped for. The dealer plays no games and genuinely feel they are excited as all of us with this truck.

Attachments

• IMG_7397.jpg
    IMG_7397.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 68

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up my Grenadier 12/30 as well from Curry -- excellent experience all-around. They are super-efficient, well-organized and bring back that old-school feeling/experience when you purchase a new vehicle from a special company. Now having driven the truck for 150 miles, I'm excited to hopefully have the update to remove the speed warning (also put to on favorites to minimize clicking to turn off on start-up) and, as engine lights give me anxiety, don't love the intermittent speed limit indicator warning when it can't read the road speed limits. Turning off the start/stop engine button every time is also slightly annoying. Otherwise the steering is less reactive, as typical for an off-road truck, but I'm accustomed to this with original defenders. In all, I absolutely love it and is everything I hoped for. The dealer plays no games and genuinely feel they are excited as all of us with this truck
Hi bneri, The black roof on magic mushroom looks fantastic. Enjoy and Happy New Year. DaBull

bneri

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi bneri, The black roof on magic mushroom looks fantastic. Enjoy and Happy New Year. DaBull
Thank you DaBull, I'm very happy with it--I was impressed with all of the colors in person, especially the silver which online doesn't seem to have that blue tint.

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Happy New Year! anyone else picking up their grenadier this week or next week?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine came in on Friday, also waiting on the MCO before heading down to pick it up. Looking forward to the drive home!
Looks Great. Congratulations. Happy New Year! DaBull

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also got words from Curry that my G has arrived at the dealership after waiting for 6-7 weeks since it was discharged at Baltimore port. Now I can finally advance to the new queue waiting for MCO. :)
I am so impatient knowing my vehicle is at KO but I can't even buy it until they get their dealer license I haven't even asked about the MCO...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am so impatient knowing my vehicle is at KO but I can't even buy it until they get their dealer license I haven't even asked about the MCO...
Did anything happened at the zoning meeting?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is on Wednesday the 10th...I sent my email in and they acknowledged receiving it.
I thought it was last Thursday for some reason - hopefully you guys will get good news!

Back
Top Bottom