The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Check engine light - fuel level sensor P0461

Docmenace

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
Inova 5210 works to clear it as well

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
I’m not sure if the range calculator is affected. I’ve only had the CEL happen once and once cleared things seemed normal. One crappy thing-if a CEL is on, cruise control will not work. It’s annoying. I understand why they do that but it’s annoying nonetheless.
I never used my cruise control, until today! Tried it on a 45mph stretch and it seems to work pretty well.

Reactions: PBD

AUDIOBUS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. It worked for me!
I'm with @AwbunBradon -- the AD410 did not clear the PO461 code. But it DID trigger a power steering failure warning! 🙄 Turned the truck off, let it sit, restarted, no power steering warning. ...

I didn't top off, didn't over tighten the gas cap (that I know of?) -- just the normal fill up routine. But thanks to you guys I knew immediately what was wrong... I wonder how many OBD readers I get to buy and return before finding one that works... 🤣🤣

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Stupid light came up again after refueling. I bought a 5010 Inova at O’Reillys (great service, they DoorDash the stuff!) and could not clear it. I actually got the steering light going too but was able to make that one go away.
I will try tomorrow with my local BMW expert friend. I am sure he has more sophisticated scanners.
I shall report.

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Btw to those of you that occasionally deal with haters like my wife "how can a $90k car have to be hacked with a scanner?", I had to remind her our Tesla model Y had a problem closing doors for the first three months because the software was miscalibrated :)
These growing pains are not uncommon with new cars, more so with a new brand.

Driver8

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
I bought an Innova 5010 from O'Reilly Auto Parts for $38 and it will clear the code. I'm 2+ hours from the dealer so it was cheaper than a tank of gas.
Worked for me too. Thanks for the recommendation!!

Back
Top Bottom