The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
We're Bison Gear, and our mission is to provide you with the absolute best gear for your next thrilling journey. 🏞
Currently, our focus is on the remarkable INEOS Grenadier, recognized as the ultimate platform for overlanders.

First top-notch products are already out in the market, specially designed to enhance your INEOS experience.
But that's just the beginning! 🚀 Soon, we'll be rolling out an entire range of premium gear, meticulously crafted for your INEOS Grenadier.

Stay ahead of the adventure game with Bison Gear – where quality meets exploration! 🏕🔧

bison-gear_ineos.jpg
GRNDN-EXT-3.jpg
SH-INEOS-2.jpg
PXL_20231128_121527969.jpg

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:15 AM
Reaction score
Any ideas how I can trouble shoot the wind noise from my 3/4 roof rack?
It's starts at 40mph and at 65 its annoying.

pipo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:15 AM
Reaction score
I also received the table about three weeks ago, just in time for my holiday. As the table doesn't fit under my Rhino rack crossbars (I don't have the Bison Gear Rack), I mounted the table crosswise under my roof tent. It fits perfectly and I can reach it even when the 270 degree awning is up.
The table has shown some signs of use in the two weeks, but I am very satisfied.
Hi @internal
Would you mind posting photos of your setup? I‘m curious as I plan a similar setup (rhino bars & bison table under an rtt) - thank you!!

Local time
Reaction score
Not really exclusive to this product, but buy a few rolls of appropriate diameter round foam weather stripping at Home Depot and fill all unused slots.see if that helps. I did that 20 years ago with an African outback rack. It was the leading rail too slot that caused the drone. Night and day difference.

ZEN_OWT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
3/4 in fuel line. Cut down the middle and wrap around the bottom of the wind deflector (between the roof). This would help bump and redirect the airflow.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good ideas. I'll use same gaffer tape and hunt the source. Once identified I'll make a more permanent fix.

internal

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
Hi @internal
Would you mind posting photos of your setup? I‘m curious as I plan a similar setup (rhino bars & bison table under an rtt) - thank you!!
Sure!
Sorry, I somehow overlooked your post and have now only found two photos on my mobile. My James Baroud has two stable C- rails along the direction of travel, to which the roof tent is also attached. I then screwed the rails of the table bracket to them crosswise. There are only four screws in total, but it has now withstood many thousands of kilometres, including some off-road driving in the Balkans.

Screwing it on was a pain because I didn't have enough space for my large tools. In the end, I lifted the whole roof tent a little so that I could get in there easily. But that won't be any different with the Bison Gear roof rack...

Let me know if you would like another specific photo.

Attachments

• table 2.jpg
    table 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • table 1.jpg
    table 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi team bison (and fellow bison users).

I put on my roof rack, but I notice that I have an empty hole in the front of the rack that looks like something should be attached... Did I miss something or did I install something incorrect? I have no real additional parts left over.

It's the hole at the front of the rack in the lower part just behind the screw where the wind deflector is attached.

1000032845.jpg

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
hi, there can you help me locate this discount code so I can plan my order of your roof rack for mine here in USA. Thank you in advance.
I don't think there is a forum discount code. the only discounts i'm aware of with bison gear are published on their website.
They have a current code "SUN2024" which gives you 10% off.

they seem to always run a 5% discount if you sign up for their newsletter.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
I don't think there is a forum discount code. the only discounts i'm aware of with bison gear are published on their website.

I took advantage of the 10% and purchased the rear Molle panels. Usual quick despatch and reassuringly heavy box turned up today!

Kingexporter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Thank you, I went to their website and saw that not too long ago. I'm in the middle of debating on what to order! ha. Happy with your purchase? I am considering that same item as well as the interior roof rack for storage.

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I took advantage of the 10% and purchased the rear Molle panels. Usual quick despatch and reassuringly heavy box turned up today!

Did you get stung with any import taxes on top or are you praying that the courier cash cow letter doesn’t come through after the event. It’s the one thing that worries me about buying abroad of the internet now 😞

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you get stung with any import taxes on top or are you praying that the courier cash cow letter doesn’t come through after the event. It’s the one thing that worries me about buying abroad of the internet now 😞
Yep got stung, always will with big name couriers - Bison use Fedex. £167 on top.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, I went to their website and saw that not too long ago. I'm in the middle of debating on what to order! ha. Happy with your purchase? I am considering that same item as well as the interior roof rack for storage.
I'm very happy with my purchase. the bison gear is high quality stuff. I particularly like the rear molle panels. Sturdy and good.
On the roof rack i have a bit of wind noise that i need to track down.

And i think the front panels (the three big wide ones) makes a bit of noise when i slam the doors, sounds like they may be touching each other with that distinct metal rubbing/vibrating sound. I hope i don't have to move them around, the roof rack is not that easy to take off now that i have mounted lightbars and antennas on it.

I also had to pay import duties, fedex took that out of my credit card. But it was not very much money. i think it was $50 for my roof rack. For the molles i don't think i paid anything.

Last edited:

pipo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sure!
Sorry, I somehow overlooked your post and have now only found two photos on my mobile. My James Baroud has two stable C- rails along the direction of travel, to which the roof tent is also attached. I then screwed the rails of the table bracket to them crosswise. There are only four screws in total, but it has now withstood many thousands of kilometres, including some off-road driving in the Balkans.

Screwing it on was a pain because I didn't have enough space for my large tools. In the end, I lifted the whole roof tent a little so that I could get in there easily. But that won't be any different with the Bison Gear roof rack...

Let me know if you would like another specific photo.
Thank you @internal that’s very kind & helpful.

I plan to go for the Taubenreuther Backbone with four of the Rhino crossbars, which probably won’t let enough space between them for the table.
Ah well…let’s see what’s possible.

internal

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
Thank you @internal that’s very kind & helpful.

I plan to go for the Taubenreuther Backbone with four of the Rhino crossbars, which probably won’t let enough space between them for the table.
Ah well…let’s see what’s possible.
I also have four crossbars, although only three are for the roof tent (2.25m long) and the fourth holds the 270° awning at the rear. If you put all four under the roof tent (and you want them to have the same spacing), it will be too tight for the table.

In my opinion, three RhinoRack crossbars with the solid feet are completely sufficient.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bison send outside of the EU without adding local VAT. FedEx recover the taxes for the UK government.
It was actually cheaper overall to buy it from the UK than from my my french address.

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been tagged, but just got my rear cargo storage bins from Bison. Like my other experiences, their products and service are top notch and I will definitely buy from them again, but I just wanted to note that the storage bin for the left side is for the lower height rear trim. I didn't realize there were two versions of the trim and mine is the higher one apparently. So don't forget to check your Grenadier before ordering.

On a side note, why do our Grenadiers vary in rear trim height? Anyone else experience this issue and how did you resolve it? I am thinking of cutting out the bottom section and riveting on a new floorplate to compensate for the height issue. Any recommendations?

AFdude412

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been tagged, but just got my rear cargo storage bins from Bison. Like my other experiences, their products and service are top notch and I will definitely buy from them again, but I just wanted to note that the storage bin for the left side is for the lower height rear trim. I didn't realize there were two versions of the trim and mine is the higher one apparently. So don't forget to check your Grenadier before ordering.

On a side note, why do our Grenadiers vary in rear trim height? Anyone else experience this issue and how did you resolve it? I am thinking of cutting out the bottom section and riveting on a new floorplate to compensate for the height issue. Any recommendations?
I believe the difference in height is for the models that have the inverter vs without.

Back
Top Bottom