The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
We're Bison Gear, and our mission is to provide you with the absolute best gear for your next thrilling journey. 🏞
Currently, our focus is on the remarkable INEOS Grenadier, recognized as the ultimate platform for overlanders.

First top-notch products are already out in the market, specially designed to enhance your INEOS experience.
But that's just the beginning! 🚀 Soon, we'll be rolling out an entire range of premium gear, meticulously crafted for your INEOS Grenadier.

Stay ahead of the adventure game with Bison Gear – where quality meets exploration! 🏕🔧

bison-gear_ineos.jpg
GRNDN-EXT-3.jpg
SH-INEOS-2.jpg
PXL_20231128_121527969.jpg

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
Roof rack, side molle and bison gear Jerry can mounts.
Roof shelf. Side bins are from eBay, bison gear didn't have them when I ordered or I would have gone with bison. Great stuff.

Super easy to deal with and shipping was very reasonably to California, just about what domestic shipping costs. Customs duty only on the roof rack, I think $60. About 10 days after order and I had the kit.

Roof rack installation is really much, much easier if you are 3 or even 4 people. Put a blanket on the roof and then move it up and on top. I had 2 guys on ladders by the car and 2 guys hoisting the rack up to them when I mounted.

Best is to have a flat surface in the ground and get everything really straight and tight on the ground first. It's impossible to adjust the center connectors on the roof. I had to take the rack down once to get the center connectors really straight, something I could have avoided with better attention to detail.

Bags from overland gear guy.
1000000427.jpga53a5208-e3f8-4e3b-b79b-e0d5c7c1a94f-1_all_20677.jpg
1000000430.jpg
1000000426.jpg

Attachments

• a53a5208-e3f8-4e3b-b79b-e0d5c7c1a94f-1_all_20677.jpg
    a53a5208-e3f8-4e3b-b79b-e0d5c7c1a94f-1_all_20677.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
Well done, I have been looking to Bison for aThe roof rack, draws and side shelves. Just been waiting for one of us to tell us how the prices ease of dealing with Bison were?
Have you had any other kit from them?
Any photos of the fitted kit would be appreciated .
Paul D

View attachment 7868555
I've had the boot shelf and table attachment for the rear door and been very pleased with them.
Couldn't get the side baskets in the summer sale and was going to wait to see if they had a winter/Christmas sale, decided I couldn't wait and registered wife's email to get the 5%discount. Should be delivered on Wednesday.
You will get an invoice from FedEx for import duties on top of the purchase price, 20% I think

Reactions: PBD

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Roof rack, side molle and bison gear Jerry can mounts.
Roof shelf. Side bins are from eBay, bison gear didn't have them when I ordered or I would have gone with bison. Great stuff.

Super easy to deal with and shipping was very reasonably to California, just about what domestic shipping costs. Customs duty only on the roof rack, I think $60. About 10 days after order and I had the kit.

Roof rack installation is really much, much easier if you are 3 or even 4 people. Put a blanket on the roof and then move it up and on top. I had 2 guys on ladders by the car and 2 guys hoisting the rack up to them when I mounted.

Best is to have a flat surface in the ground and get everything really straight and tight on the ground first. It's impossible to adjust the center connectors on the roof. I had to take the rack down once to get the center connectors really straight, something I could have avoided with better attention to detail.

Bags from overland gear guy.
View attachment 7868559View attachment 7868561
View attachment 7868562
View attachment 7868563
I think I will have to put my hand in my pocket and get some of the bags from overland gear guy as they do look like they would be much better than the cheap rubbish I'm currently using

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I really like the fire extinguisher bag on the basket to the right. The big red bag on the floor of the trunk holds my recovery boards. It attaches to the ladder when I need more space in the boot. I keep it in the trunk because you know, people steal stuff stuff around here...

Reactions: CRH

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for good mount for the side of the bison roof rack for a hi-lift?

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Bison Gear is in some kind of a two week shutdown for vacation like Black Sheep currently is? I e-mailed Bison Gear about my need to return my left side basket last Wednesday and, after receiving no reply on Thursday, sent them a follow up e-mail on Friday. After receiving no reply to that, I sent an IM via this forum to @Bison-Gear on Sunday, and have not received a response to it either. This is very strange, because they have always been very prompt and responsive in the past, including when I had an issue with a prior order. So, I am wondering if they are all on vacation or something.
I have also been emailing Bison gear with an issue about one of their products recently and their lack of customer service is proving to be extremely challenging. It's been a month and now my patience is wearing very thin (i.e. I'm pissed).

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
I have also been emailing Bison gear with an issue about one of their products recently and their lack of customer service is proving to be extremely challenging. It's been a month and now my patience is wearing very thin (i.e. I'm pissed).
I'm hoping I receive a response today. If not, back to pinging them here and in IM's and e-mails.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That sounds very strange to me as I had a question about the assembly instruction for the camping table under the roof rack. I got my answer in about a minute!
My reaction was to thank them for their fast response time. They helped me with some missing screws for the roof rack within days (including the shipment from Poland to Germany)
So I can only assume that there is a kind of misunderstanding here. Did you send a reminder?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi nickelnoff,
Did you use this E-Mail: contact@bison-gear.com ?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked them via Email whether they knew that there are questions open. Here’s the answer:
Hi

Thank you for the information. It’s difficult for me to respond without having his email address, first name, and last name. It’s possible that his messages are being treated as spam, or there may be another issue. If he sends a new message to us now, I will be able to read it promptly.
Thank You

Best Regards,
Bohdan xxx
Bison Gear Team - Overlanding Your Way

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score
Just got notified that my order for the left side cargo basket was refunded. I hope this isn't a major blow to their operation, but I also now have the incorrect basket on hand if anyone would like one that fits the left side low trim format.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked them via Email whether they knew that there are questions open. Here’s the answer:
Hi

Thank you for the information. It’s difficult for me to respond without having his email address, first name, and last name. It’s possible that his messages are being treated as spam, or there may be another issue. If he sends a new message to us now, I will be able to read it promptly.
Thank You

Best Regards,
Bohdan xxx
Thanks, bemax. This explanation is strange, but helpful. I used the same e-mail address I used to previously correspond with Bohdan with prior orders. I will certainly try again. Just sent another e-mail to Bohdan. Bohdan, if you are still not receiving the e-mails, please reply to the IM I sent you through this forum.

Last edited:

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That sounds very strange to me as I had a question about the assembly instruction for the camping table under the roof rack. I got my answer in about a minute!
My reaction was to thank them for their fast response time. They helped me with some missing screws for the roof rack within days (including the shipment from Poland to Germany)
So I can only assume that there is a kind of misunderstanding here. Did you send a reminder?
Just to catalog the efforts to get through (for troubleshooting if nothing else):

8/21/24 - e-mail sent to contact@bison-gear.com re the need to return the Left Side Basket and included Order details in e-mail
8/23/24 - follow up e-mail sent to contact@bison-gear.com after no response
8/25/24 - IM sent through this forum with copy of e-mails sent

After no response, I started checking in on this thread to see if they were on vacation.

9/3/24 - just forwarded my prior e-mail chain to contact@bison-gear.com and sent a follow up IM through this forum.

*Update - Success! Bohdan replied to my latest e-mail.

Last edited:

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here's a Win Win Win story for you.

So you all know the issues with the delayed response to my efforts to contact Bison Gear. What I have not told you yet is that in my first e-mail I also explained to Bohdan how I ordered the left side basket without seeing any warning about double checking whether I had the inverter option selected, because, at the time I purchased it, you had to scroll down past the "Add to Cart" button next to the photo to see the warning. I did not realize there was more to see and only figured that out after reading about the issue here. I just added the right and left side baskets to my cart snickety snack and completed the purchase. I gave suggestions to them on how to fix that page so that it does not happen again, and they have since modified it so you see the warning before you can click "Add to Cart."

I don't know whether it was the delay in responding to my efforts to contact them, my taking the time to explain how I made the mistake, my Southern charm, or the fact I've purchased other stuff from them, but Bodahn told me I could just keep the left side basket and do with it what I want and he would refund my purchase price!

In turn, I told him I would pass on his kindness by giving it to my neighbor a few doors up who also has a Grenadier, if it fit his rig, and would also let him know what great products Bison Gear sells, their awesome customer service, and how quickly they deliver to the U.S. Well, it turns out the basket fit since my neighbor did not select the inverter option. He was thrilled about the gift and loved hearing the story about Bison Gear and how the gift came about! I installed it for him in a few minutes since I had the torx bit to do it.

My neighbor had not heard of Bison Gear, but said he would be logging onto Bison Gear's site tonight to order the right side basket for his Grenadier, because we all know you can't have one side without the other.

Bodahn's over here playing 4-D Chess - a veritable Grand Master of customer service!

Defender77

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score
Installed the rear side baskets and shelf today. Super fast shipping from Poland. High quality gear!
20240904_114703.jpg20240904_114707.jpg20240904_114717.jpg
Edit - Side baskets are heavy gauge aluminum.
Top shelf is steel. (The steel overhead shelf allows magnetic lights, which is cool!)

Last edited:

Unimog 406

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apologies for not picking up you pictures request, I see PARB has provided some pictures.
See my load bed set up. the bed is split for two reasons. Ease of installation and removal and more importantly accessing the jack when necessary. The finished height was determined by allowing the addition of two sections of ply wood to be Velcro to the rear seat backs creating a level load bed.
I see your vehicle was registered at Wimbledon DVLA, I'm at Sandersted, South Croydon.

Attachments

• Grenadier load bed and Bison side bins.jpg
    Grenadier load bed and Bison side bins.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi

Thank You

Best Regards,
Bohdan xxx
Correct @bemax every time. The first mail was responded to and since then I have simply been ignored.

The thing that really pisses me off is that on this thread @Bison-Gear has repeated asked customers to mail them directly and go easy on complaining directly on the forum. So respectfully I have but this has got me absolutely nowhere.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't received my order yet but Bison Gear got back to me soon after I asked about my order status. It includes the rear cargo shelf, which they're hoping to receive more of in a couple of weeks.

Waiting for good gear to arrive is never fun but I'm looking forward to my first taste of Bison.

Back
Top Bottom