The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
We're Bison Gear, and our mission is to provide you with the absolute best gear for your next thrilling journey. 🏞
Currently, our focus is on the remarkable INEOS Grenadier, recognized as the ultimate platform for overlanders.

First top-notch products are already out in the market, specially designed to enhance your INEOS experience.
But that's just the beginning! 🚀 Soon, we'll be rolling out an entire range of premium gear, meticulously crafted for your INEOS Grenadier.

Stay ahead of the adventure game with Bison Gear – where quality meets exploration! 🏕🔧

bison-gear_ineos.jpg
GRNDN-EXT-3.jpg
SH-INEOS-2.jpg
PXL_20231128_121527969.jpg

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
I'm interested to hear how the economy (tight git) is affected as I would like to get one ready for roof tent/retirement.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi Krabby. I'm curious to know if you've received your Bison Gear roof rack yet. If you received it already, have you measured the overall height of the truck with the rack? I'm researching different options, but my garage is limited to 84 inches. Any information is greatly appreciated!
Hi Texas Grenadier, I very accurately measured my Trailmaster Grenadier that was on stock 17" alloy's with KO2 tires, has a front winch and side steps.
Ineos says in their brochure that the Grenadier is 80.7" tall, however my Grenadier is exactly 78.9" tall from the ground to the top of the plastic strips on the roof.
I recommend you contact Bison or find someone on the forum to measure how high the rack sets above the plastic roof strips and then add that measurement
to 78.9". I think you will find you have plenty of clearance if your garage clearance is 84". If you are looking for a stout low profile rack, you may want to consider the Leitner 3/4 rack. Extreme build quality including the brackets that are made of solid CNC machined billet 6061 Aluminum. The rack height is just 2.4" over the plastic strips on the roof. DaBull

Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi Texas Grenadier, I very accurately measured my Trailmaster Grenadier that was on stock 17" alloy's with KO2 tires, has a front winch and side steps.
Ineos says in their brochure that the Grenadier is 80.7" tall, however my Grenadier is exactly 78.9" tall from the ground to the top of the plastic strips on the roof.
I recommend you contact Bison or find someone on the forum to measure how high the rack sets above the plastic roof strips and then add that measurement
to 78.9". I think you will find you have plenty of clearance if your garage clearance is 84". If you are looking for a stout low profile rack, you may want to consider the Leitner 3/4 rack. Extreme build quality including the brackets that are made of solid CNC machined billet 6061 Aluminum. The rack height is just 2.4" over the plastic strips on the roof. DaBull
DaBull, this is excellent information. Really appreciate it... It looks like I will have plenty of clearance. I will check Leitner for sure. Take care!

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
We're Bison Gear, and our mission is to provide you with the absolute best gear for your next thrilling journey. 🏞
Currently, our focus is on the remarkable INEOS Grenadier, recognized as the ultimate platform for overlanders.

First top-notch products are already out in the market, specially designed to enhance your INEOS experience.
But that's just the beginning! 🚀 Soon, we'll be rolling out an entire range of premium gear, meticulously crafted for your INEOS Grenadier.

Stay ahead of the adventure game with Bison Gear – where quality meets exploration! 🏕🔧

View attachment 7840107
View attachment 7840108
View attachment 7840110
View attachment 7840111
Love the interior above head storage option! Looks so handy

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
I am installing the roof rack and one of the 12 factory bolts that attach the roof bars will not budge. The other 11 came out easily but this 12th one won’t budge and after 3 tries I gave up in case of damaging the bolt further - any advice on how to deal with this ?

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am installing the roof rack and one of the 12 factory bolts that attach the roof bars will not budge. The other 11 came out easily but this 12th one won’t budge and after 3 tries I gave up in case of damaging the bolt further - any advice on how to deal with this ?
I would give the bolt a good spray with a shock freezing spray
Screenshot_20240629-190916.png

Something like this

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would give the bolt a good spray with a shock freezing spray

Something like this
Thanks @landmannnn - will hunt something similar down or take it to dealer or workshop to get it dealt with professionally. Looking forward to the day when I get to put the 6th bracket in to place.

Until then:

IMG_1242.jpeg

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Krabby. I'm curious to know if you've received your Bison Gear roof rack yet. If you received it already, have you measured the overall height of the truck with the rack? I'm researching different options, but my garage is limited to 84 inches. Any information is greatly appreciated!
The bison 3/4 rack adds 6cm to the overall height of the vehicle. The wind noise is basically nothing upto 50mph but beyond that you can slightly hear it but nothing serious.

Attachments

• IMG20240605194539~2.jpg
    IMG20240605194539~2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Y
Worked at treat @landmannnn - Thanks.

Quick question perhaps for @Bison-Gear or anyone else with a Bison roof rack: would the Front Runner BLACK TIE DOWN RINGS / EYE NUTS work?

Yes

The Bison gear rails do take M8 T bolts which is what the Frontrunner ones are.

However to insert the T bolts you will have to enlarge the holes that Bison have drilled in the aluminium profile.

Saying that, maybe not all T bolts are the same, the T bolts I bought wouldn't quite insert without some modification.

By the way, such as Amazon will sell you Eye bolts for T track for much lower cost.

Last edited:

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Y

Yes

The Bison gear rails do take M8 T bolts which is what the Frontrunner ones are.

However to insert the T bolts you will have to enlarge the holes that Bison have drilled in the aluminium profile.

Saying that, maybe not all T bolts are the same, the T bolts I bought wouldn't quite insert without some modification.

By the way, such as Amazon will sell you Eye bolts for T track for much lower cost.
Hi @landmannnn - I suspect but please correct me that if the system is using M8 nuts instead of T-bolts i.e. bolting coming down instead of being screwed on to the hole enlargement might be able to be avoided. That‘s me hoping…

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
I've just used generic SS rings + SS bolts with the heads ground down a bit (thinner) to fit in the FR channels
A little surgery with a grinder will make any ring bolt fit.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @landmannnn - I suspect but please correct me that if the system is using M8 nuts instead of T-bolts i.e. bolting coming down instead of being screwed on to the hole enlargement might be able to be avoided. That‘s me hoping…
Maybe. Another option is to use 6mm T track eyes which go in much more easily.

Back
Top Bottom