The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary battery type

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
I'm hoping that the B57 diesel on the Grenadier does not have stop/start built in to it normal operating system.
I thought it did , and that offroad mode deactivated it? Would it be different for the petrol version?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Stop/start features and parasitic power drain from immoboliser/alarm systems on new vehicles in addition to short distances make the problem even worse... I've almost succeeded in "training" my dear other half to automatically disable the stop/start function on her Subaru every time she gets in the car.....
I'm hoping that the B57 diesel on the Grenadier does not have stop/start built in to it normal operating system.
I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t the default program DenisM.
I’m not Sure they would want it disabled as a default either, so you might just have to get used to pushing that button.😂😂

For me, I’m used to it in the wife’s X3, but what I am hoping is that it doesn’t have a damned ding ding ding for every little thing like the LC200 does.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Stop/start features and parasitic power drain from immoboliser/alarm systems on new vehicles in addition to short distances make the problem even worse... I've almost succeeded in "training" my dear other half to automatically disable the stop/start function on her Subaru every time she gets in the car.....
The stop start disable is one of a sequence of buttons I automatically hit every time I get in my car.
Sadly the Grenadiers also needs to be disabled manually every time, not permanently, to meet emission rules.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
2000 Amps - looks very much like a chinese kind of spec. At least the cables will have some hard time ...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Why do so many people have a need to jump start their vehicle?
We had a Suzuki Grand Vitara that didn't get used much so I left it connected to a C-tek smart charger.
Only time I can recall in the last 30 years having a flat battery
If you visit a nowadays dealership you'll find a real network of cables with power supplies lying under each car in the showroom.

They constantly burn electric energy. You don't have to "drive short distances". It's enough if you're just in holidays or abroad for a couple of weeks. When you come back, the battery is drained.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't avoiding short circuits all about the sequence you connect your cables rather than the length of any cable?
Perhaps in an ideal world.

But in an ideal world one won't need jump start cables.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
Perhaps in an ideal world.

But in an ideal world one won't need jump start cables.
Again, we'll have to agree to disagree. The only way to create a short circuit is to have two live unconnected ends. Follow a safe connection procedure and that's not possible.

The fact that nobody sells unequal length jump leads suggest it's not a design at fault.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Again, we'll have to agree to disagree. The only way to create a short circuit is to have two live unconnected ends. Follow a safe connection procedure and that's not possible.
I can only tell that I have seen such situations. If everybody would always do the right things, we wouldn't need airbags and safety belts - in an ideal world.

Perhaps you can agree to my disagree.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Are you sure they just weren't welding?

If it's serious enough, I think you can nominate them for a Darwin Award.
It's a common but cheap strategy to counter an argument with a joke when you run out of better answers, and try to make the other person look like a clown.

But if it makes you feel better, be my guest. 😎

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well that went down well...

I look forward to seeing your new design jump leads on something like Dragon's Den. Who knows you could be the new Levi Roots?

Local time
Reaction score
Maybe you could switch your little nonsense argument to PM conversation.
It is annoying like the last ten! And as you are grown up you surly do not need the forum for your intense discussion.
If they had ever been in a Battery explosion perhaps there would be less dialogue and more safety .(couldn't hear for a week)

Back
Top Bottom