The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary battery type

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
The last time I remember jump starting my car, or someone else's car was maybe 20 years ago
Jump starting...hot wiring...it's what other sorts of people do eh :D
I have 3 sons who between them and their partners have required a few sparks via daddy on occasions.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Jump starting...hot wiring...it's what other sorts of people do eh :D
I have 3 sons who between them and their partners have required a few sparks via daddy on occasions.
We had a 6V VW Bug in Tassie that required a jump start every day in winter

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm hoping to keep my current 2nd battery box with all its goodies - incl the dc/dc charger and an emergency same branded cable for jump starts via the big red socket.
Obviously you wouldn't want to push your luck too far but every backup is a useful option IMO.kick.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
Ooks interesting ~ any thoughts to where it's going to live?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My brother was chuffed last week - he was able to jump start his Cessna 172 with a similar device he bought from his local Aldi store a couple of years ago.
Brilliant. We’ve just used it now to jump start a friends car. This model will jump 8L petrol and 6L diesel engines apparently 👍

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm hoping to keep my current 2nd battery box with all its goodies - incl the dc/dc charger and an emergency same branded cable for jump starts via the big red socket.
Obviously you wouldn't want to push your luck too far but every backup is a useful option IMO.View attachment 7797419
Nice bit of kit 😍I’ve got something similar but not as advanced, I made up myself by just purchasing the battery box and adding own battery, connection points and leads. I use it in conjunction with a suitcase style 100w solar panel for camping. 87F32338-838E-4A29-9EB2-7C1E485E23EB.jpeg221055A1-DDB4-431A-9BC2-BF04C1586865.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
Hers an easier way of jump starting. I have my own and we use at work for emergencies View attachment 7797411
I have a similar thing and it is great. What I was asking with the original question was since the battery is inside the cab, would you have to connect the cables inside as well. However, it has been pointed out that there is a positive post in the engine bay that can be used for the connection.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why do so many people have a need to jump start their vehicle?
We had a Suzuki Grand Vitara that didn't get used much so I left it connected to a C-tek smart charger.
Only time I can recall in the last 30 years having a flat battery

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It seems most people don’t know how to look after a battery. If more used smart chargers regularly for a maintenance “float” charge they would last longer. The friend we helped this morning doesn’t own a smart charger or any means of charging a battery. As I suspect most of the people in the village don’t have either. A lot of people just drive vehicles without any routine checks or maintenance . Not for me. I like a belt and braces approach👍😎

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
It seems most people don’t know how to look after a battery. If more used smart chargers regularly for a maintenance “float” charge they would last longer. The friend we helped this morning doesn’t own a smart charger or any means of charging a battery. As I suspect most of the people in the village don’t have either. A lot of people just drive vehicles without any routine checks or maintenance . Not for me. I like a belt and braces approach👍😎
That's exactly how I do it. I have a CTEK connected to each vehicle.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
They drive short distances, which never fully charges the battery. And/or winter. Cold kills batteries. But you don't have cold where you live! Not proper cold.
And if you're a student , you never buy a new battery for your car that has lasted over a decade with 3-4 previous student owners.
Other than that , people who run accessories without an auxiliary battery are just asking for trouble :)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We had a Suzuki Grand Vitara that didn't get used much so I left it connected to a C-tek smart charger.
Only time I can recall in the last 30 years having a flat battery
I can’t speak for others, but I keep the gear in my car primarily for others, having only had to use the leads on my vehicle once in the last 15 years or so.
Maybe I’m just a good samaritan.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I can’t speak for others, but I keep the gear in my car primarily for others, having only had to use the leads on my vehicle once in the last 15 years or so.
Maybe I’m just a good samaritan.
The winch , the sat phone , the snakebite kit, the spare beers...the list goes on and on!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They drive short distances, which never fully charges the battery. And/or winter. Cold kills batteries. But you don't have cold where you live! Not proper cold.
And if you're a student , you never buy a new battery for your car that has lasted over a decade with 3-4 previous student owners.
Other than that , people who run accessories without an auxiliary battery are just asking for trouble :)
Stop/start features and parasitic power drain from immoboliser/alarm systems on new vehicles in addition to short distances make the problem even worse... I've almost succeeded in "training" my dear other half to automatically disable the stop/start function on her Subaru every time she gets in the car.....
I'm hoping that the B57 diesel on the Grenadier does not have stop/start built in to it normal operating system.

Back
Top Bottom