The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Ask the dealer - Mossy Grenadier Texas

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
Houston guys, who are you using for insurance? Liberty mutual just told me $275/month which is more than what my Discovery runs.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Houston guys, who are you using for insurance? Liberty mutual just told me $275/month which is more than what my Discovery runs.
I called Liberty today and they told me that it is a Grey Market vehicle and they would need all sorts of documentation from the EPA and USDOT...

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My quote from Allstate was $1363 per six months. I’m probably getting a discount because of all of the policies I have with them.
Are you in Houston? I’m told theres been a massive influx of uninsured drivers so Harris county is very expensive.

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
I believe Louisiana has higher insurance rates than Houston. I had to switch to Progressive (current wouldn't cover the Ineos) for coverage and they have me around $85/month (100/300/100).

I don't think it is listed as my primary vehicle. 4 cars on the policy total. When I called the add my total monthly actually went down when I added the Grenadier.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Costco $280/month. Have to call in because they have to use their old system to quote it. Not getting much love around Houston.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe Louisiana has higher insurance rates than Houston. I had to switch to Progressive (current wouldn't cover the Ineos) for coverage and they have me around $85/month (100/300/100).

I don't think it is listed as my primary vehicle. 4 cars on the policy total. When I called the add my total monthly actually went down when I added the Grenadier.
Living in Houston I've never seen insurance at $85 a month. No way LA is more expensive than Houston. Harris country is the highest in the state.

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Living in Houston I've never seen insurance at $85 a month. No way LA is more expensive than Houston. Harris country is the highest in the state.
I think my insurance would be over 225 with no other vehicle on the policy, but multiple cars with one driver tends to pull the price down.

I don't know specific areas, but La insurance is without a doubt higher than Texas. Maybe NOLA and Houston are more comparable.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m assuming you had to call in? I just spent an hour with Progressive through three different people who said the vin would populate info but they didn’t have the ability to generate quotes for it so not sure how some managed. Do you happen to have the contact info for who you dealt with at Geico?
Geico quoted me $855 for six months, I am iIn The Woodland (Montgomery County, north of Houston)

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m assuming you had to call in? I just spent an hour with Progressive through three different people who said the vin would populate info but they didn’t have the ability to generate quotes for it so not sure how some managed. Do you happen to have the contact info for who you dealt with at Geico?
I have a broker that does all my rate shopping and such. He said American General didn't want to insure due to the weight.

Progressive he was able to feed it in based on the value and vin. Said that it might cause a problem later, but also said he insures GWagens and such through Progressive but can't through American General.

Local time
Reaction score
Called the 1-800 number, took me about 5 minutes, I gave them the VIN # and they gave me a quote to add it to my current policy.

Back
Top Bottom