The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Ask the dealer - Mossy Grenadier Texas

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
The original spring question was because someone suggested that the tow package brought with it different springs.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The inclusion of the winch adds weight to the front, altering the handling characteristics. Ineos took this into account and equipped those with the winch with a heaver set of springs.
We're talking about towing. Someone mentioned getting different springs which seems a bit absurd to me. Or people over thinking things at a minimum. Same with all the towing assist. It's a bit of an annoyance on my LR and part of why I'm going with the Grenadier is to stay away from computers having their fingers in everything.

TSquared

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
Hi Ashton. I have a question bout the aluminum checkered plate option for the front fenders. Have you installed any of the inbound vehicles with these yet? I understand that they are attached using tape and rivets. If drilling is involved, is there a concern for creating a long term corrosion issue associated with the fenders themselves? Please advise as my Q1 build includes these. Thx.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
I have a question bout the aluminum checkered plate option for the front fenders. ... I understand that they are attached using tape and rivets. If drilling is involved, is there a concern for creating a long term corrosion issue associated with the fenders themselves?
Are they aluminum? I read some time ago on the forum here that they were going to be plastic, maybe for crash safety reasons? Seems a bit nannyish.

Yes, I'd also like to hear if dealers are given standard instructions to avoid corrosion around the drilled holes.

I had the opportunity to jump up on the fenders of one of the test drive vehicles and that solidified my trust in the fenders as a genuinely useful place to stand, sit, or work upon.

Local time
Reaction score
We're talking about towing. Someone mentioned getting different springs which seems a bit absurd to me. Or people over thinking things at a minimum. Same with all the towing assist. It's a bit of an annoyance on my LR and part of why I'm going with the Grenadier is to stay away from computers having their fingers in everything.
I thought a spring change would be a bit much as well considering that the towing capacity of the Grenadier is only 7k lbs (on the lighter side of US towing options ie: pickups). The dealer is the source for the "spring" info so maybe take it with a grain of salt for now but I wouldn't mind beefier springs given the tongue weight of some of the stuff we tow.

I'm personally in favor of technology so I would also hope that the tow package included things like a change in shifting points, for a diesel (maybe gas) change in flap/cooling operation, turns off the proximity alert, confirmation the lights are working....

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Ashton. I have a question bout the aluminum checkered plate option for the front fenders. Have you installed any of the inbound vehicles with these yet? I understand that they are attached using tape and rivets. If drilling is involved, is there a concern for creating a long term corrosion issue associated with the fenders themselves? Please advise as my Q1 build includes these. Thx.
Good question. We have not received any of the plate accessories yet. I anticipate them arriving by the end of next week. Once here and we begin installing, I'll provide more information.

I can share some general info on the procedure: Map out checker plate dimensions on fender, including 8 holes --> drill holes into fender -->apply protective layer --> place checker plate and then install 8 rivets to secure.

From what I can tell (looking at the schematics), the plate should be well sealed to the fender and the rivets seem to attach flush through the plate/fender. For additional protection, I would think you could add some kind of sealant to the rivets, but no mention of that in listed procedures, so don't quote me on that! I'll ask about it though.

Local time
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm Ashton Mossy from Mossy Grenadier in Houston. Here to chat about the Grenadier – from updates and customer experiences to off-roading adventures.

Our team is dedicated to keeping you informed with the most accurate information. If you have questions about your vehicle, how we do things at Mossy, or just want to discuss the Grenadier's off-road capabilities, I'm here for you.

Looking forward to talking with our Texas community. What's on your mind today?
Thoughts on Safari Windows? These going to leak in a few years?

TSquared

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are they aluminum? I read some time ago on the forum here that they were going to be plastic, maybe for crash safety reasons? Seems a bit nannyish.

Yes, I'd also like to hear if dealers are given standard instructions to avoid corrosion around the drilled holes.

I had the opportunity to jump up on the fenders of one of the test drive vehicles and that solidified my trust in the fenders as a genuinely useful place to stand, sit, or work upon.
Hey @holdmybeer, I'm a native British Columbian and SFU alum living here in Texas. Good to meet you! My reference to the material used for the plates is simply from the Ineos accessories brochure. So, not sure if they have changed to rubber/plastic from Aluminum or not... . I am sensitive to drilling into fenders since they will be naturally getting a lot of water and dirt thrown at them from the tires. I love the plates, both the look and function, but I don't want to unnecessarily create a future rust problem with the fenders. Seeing the pictures posted today of all the vehicles delivered and awaiting pick-up is an awesome sight. I'm excited to take delivery this spring! Cheers!

TSquared

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good question. We have not received any of the plate accessories yet. I anticipate them arriving by the end of next week. Once here and we begin installing, I'll provide more information.

I can share some general info on the procedure: Map out checker plate dimensions on fender, including 8 holes --> drill holes into fender -->apply protective layer --> place checker plate and then install 8 rivets to secure.

From what I can tell (looking at the schematics), the plate should be well sealed to the fender and the rivets seem to attach flush through the plate/fender. For additional protection, I would think you could add some kind of sealant to the rivets, but no mention of that in listed procedures, so don't quote me on that! I'll ask about it though.
Thank you, Ashton. I look forward to an update once you and your team start installing the plates...

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought a spring change would be a bit much as well considering that the towing capacity of the Grenadier is only 7k lbs (on the lighter side of US towing options ie: pickups). The dealer is the source for the "spring" info so maybe take it with a grain of salt for now but I wouldn't mind beefier springs given the tongue weight of some of the stuff we tow.

I'm personally in favor of technology so I would also hope that the tow package included things like a change in shifting points, for a diesel (maybe gas) change in flap/cooling operation, turns off the proximity alert, confirmation the lights are working....
Never heard of anything confirming lights are working but tongue weight shouldn’t exceed 700lbs. The best option if you tow an and that heavy is a 3/4ton or something with an air ride suspension. Heavier springs in the rear is going to make it bouncier and less controlled on rough roads.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mossy: As I’m sure you’ve read on the forum there appears to be issues with this ADAS system that’s not on the demo models. A few on Facebook and here have said it’s driving them crazy. I personally hadn’t heard of any of this and it would appear no one else had either. The biggest complaint being it makes annoying sounds when you exceed any speed limit by 1mph. There’s a means to turn this feature off but each and every single time you start the vehicle that process of scrolling through screens to deactivate has to happen again making it extremely annoying to say the least. Can you use your contacts at Ineos to find if they have any plans to adjust the software to correct this counter-feature? I’m seriously on the fence about owning a vehicle that’s going to be this much anti-driver. Kinda goes against the whole purpose of buying one.

Either that or is there some under-the-table fix one could do to stop it from activating?

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ashton, how about getting your sales guides to dress in safari/outdoor clothes. My fond memory of buying my first Land Rover was that back then, late 90's, the salesmen dressed in safari guide outfits. They really sold the whole lifestyle, not just the car (I did end up buying a Disco2 from the original LR dealer in Houston). Their showroom too, looked outdoorsy. Hate the slick new urban look LR showrooms now have.

image-asset.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ashton, how about getting your sales guides to dress in safari/outdoor clothes. My fond memory of buying my first Land Rover was that back then, late 90's, the salesmen dressed in safari guide outfits. They really sold the whole lifestyle, not just the car (I did end up buying a Disco2 from the original LR dealer in Houston). Their showroom too, looked outdoorsy. Hate the slick new urban look LR showrooms now have.

image-asset.jpeg
I’ve said that very thing many times over. Mid to late 90s LR dealerships - especially the standalone ones - were awesome. I can’t recall the safri outfits per se at the NE ones, but the staff members were certainly wearing outdoorsy gear and not suits and ties. The vibe of the dealership itself was great. The walls were covered with photographs of the Camel Trophy, the Oxford Cambridge Singapore overland, and others of LRs doing what they were made for. And most importantly, all of the folks I remember speaking with KNEW the products, the history and ethos of the company, and outwardly showed passion for the whole thing. Could it have just been slick marketing and some smoke and mirrors - maybe - but it sold me nonetheless.

That is my hope for IG dealers here but that is yet to be scene. My dealer (RDS of PA) are working out of temporary digs while the new building is being put together, so I haven’t seen their setup.

One thing that concerns me about many of the dealership groups, with respect to the vibe, is their connection to high-end brands. I do not live in a world of Rolls Royce, Bugatti, McClaren, Lambo, Ferrari, etc and many of the IG groups do. Perhaps I’m being unfair, but I hope my perspective on those brands doesn’t transfer to their IG franchises.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve said that very thing many times over. Mid to late 90s LR dealerships - especially the standalone ones - were awesome. I can’t recall the safri outfits per se at the NE ones, but the staff members were certainly wearing outdoorsy gear and not suits and ties. The vibe of the dealership itself was great. The walls were covered with photographs of the Camel Trophy, the Oxford Cambridge Singapore overland, and others of LRs doing what they were made for. And most importantly, all of the folks I remember speaking with KNEW the products, the history and ethos of the company, and outwardly showed passion for the whole thing. Could it have just been slick marketing and some smoke and mirrors - maybe - but it sold me nonetheless.

That is my hope for IG dealers here but that is yet to be scene. My dealer (RDS of PA) are working out of temporary digs while the new building is being put together, so I haven’t seen their setup.

One thing that concerns me about many of the dealership groups, with respect to the vibe, is their connection to high-end brands. I do not live in a world of Rolls Royce, Bugatti, McClaren, Lambo, Ferrari, etc and many of the IG groups do. Perhaps I’m being unfair, but I hope my perspective on those brands doesn’t transfer to their IG franchises.
You left out Bentleys. Purchased in '96 my 5 sp LR Discovery from the Charlotte dealership - second everything you state about the dealerships back then!! Given I did a test drive with in a few weeks of the Demo arriving, walking into a dealership where all salesmen were wearing suits and spiffy shoes was rather shocking. Didn't feel anyone knew the background of Ineos let alone where the "G" came from. That was back in late Oct.

Local time
Reaction score
Never heard of anything confirming lights are working but tongue weight shouldn’t exceed 700lbs. The best option if you tow an and that heavy is a 3/4ton or something with an air ride suspension. Heavier springs in the rear is going to make it bouncier and less controlled on rough roads.

tongue weight shouldn’t exceed 700lbs
I'm assuming you mean gross trailer weight vs tongue. Agree, from our use case the Grenadier is best suited for the lighter duty loads....but, since its not a daily driver I'd be ok if the factory included a different spring with the tow package. Lots that can be done with springs/shocks that won't harshly alter ride comfort unloaded. I cancelled taking our order when I got to the dealer to pick it up a few weeks back and realized it didn't have a hitch (I must have pressed the wrong key or something). Sine there have been cancelations I've put the word out that I'll take one with a hitch when it avails itself.

Back
Top Bottom