The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

DDG

Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
My preorder finally is showing on their website. Says preorder date of Aug 14, 2023 (despite me placing the order June 6th, 2023). There is an attached pdf file with an accurate order summary. No estimated or assigned build date. There is a dealer name (Tristate. I believe in Connecticut) and phone number. I have a preorder number assigned 0000013212.
So that’s progress! I’m a little disappointed to have my preorder pushed back two months from when I submitted it, but I’m not trying to win anything. Assuming some time in early to mid 2024 to receive my grenadier.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My information is finally there too. My reservation number is more than 1,000 behind @DDG and dated Aug 15. But I don’t think the date attached is of significance as the reservation order is what should dictate build order.

Reactions: DDG
Local time
Reaction score
My information is finally there too. My reservation number is more than 1,000 behind @DDG and dated Aug 15. But I don’t think the date attached is of significance as the reservation order is what should dictate build order.
My curiosity is how many orders do you think they received ???? The reason I ask this is CAFE standards only kick in after certain production number they will not exceed that number it’s in Ineos best interest to get as many 2023 model year cars out in the USA or are they going to be 2024 that would be a foolish mistake if there is a high number. The cafe exempt production number is very difficult to find.

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
Seeing the same on my portal.

I wish you a lot of luck in your endeavor. Starting a new business selling a brand with no reputation is very entrepreneurial. May you find the support you need from IA as well as from your community of Grenadier enthusiasts and buyers.

Whenever I meet someone like you who begins a new and exciting journey I think of the following:

“It is not the critic that counts: not the man that points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.” Theodore Roosevelt
Thank you! Great quote 👍

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My curiosity is how many orders do you think they received ???? The reason I ask this is CAFE standards only kick in after certain production number they will not exceed that number it’s in Ineos best interest to get as many 2023 model year cars out in the USA or are they going to be 2024 that would be a foolish mistake if there is a high number. The cafe exempt production number is very difficult to find.
All US (technically "The Americas") vehicles will be MY24 and onward.

If I were to take a wild guess, my guesstimate number is going to be somewhere around 6,500-7,000 preorders occurred (between reservation holders and non-reservation holders)

Kb6tho

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
Update showed this morning… late to the game deposit in Feb 2023, so it is happening, albeit slowly 👍

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Still showing a big fat nada. Let this short clip show how I feel.

View: https://youtu.be/g3iFJpGJiug

My Ineos Grenadier Page also updated today. Now showing Pre-Order date of 8-15-2023 with
Pre-Order #0000014406, which is different then the original Pre-Order number assigned to me when I made the Pre-Order on 5-31-2023.
Note: My Reservation dated was on 11-22-2022.
A couple thoughts....First off, jolly good to know I am in the line/queue, although I am not sure what that means, LOL.
Second a bit disappointed that my one change order is not showing on my Pre-Order. My Pre-Order on 5-31-2023 included Rock Sliders. I followed Ineos Procedures and called them directly and requested a change to Side Steps on 6/6/2023 and was told no issue on updating my build and received a ticket number for the change. In June I called 2 more times to confirm they had the change and was assured both times yes and not to worry. The pdf of my Pre-Order on the site today still shows Rock Sliders. At this point I don't have any faith I will be getting Side Steps. I am just going to sit tight and not attempt to get it resolved as it would likely just start the process all over and push my build date out to 2025..... Looks like I may have some Rock Sliders to sell....DaBull

Local time
Reaction score
@jeremy_matrix @RobS

I totally get why you might feel left in the dark about "Dealer Day" and the launch in general. It can be frustrating when you're eagerly waiting for updates. But from my perspective, the company's been doing a stellar job, sharing as much as they can without overstepping. Trust me, I'm just as eager as you are, and I genuinely believe they're keeping us in the loop as best they can.

Current Situation:
  • The original plan was for "Dealer Day" to happen this month. However, unforeseen bureaucratic challenges have led to delays.
  • IA is diligently working through their federal/state licensing. Many dealers, myself included, are also navigating through state licensing requirements.
The Uncertainty:
  • Once these matters/applications are in the government's hands, predicting an exact timeline becomes challenging. While I'm optimistically hoping for next month, I'd urge caution in setting that as a definite expectation. Again, we're dealing with the government.
Official Update from Greg Clark's Last Q&A Video (6/29):
  • "Now after that, we're going to be announcing publicly all the details for our dealers, covering sales and service across the US and Canada. The exact timing for that event is uncertain. This is due to the varying processes of becoming licensed as a manufacturer and correctly contracting with our dealer partners across US states and Canadian provinces. Rest assured, we will update you as soon as we have further details or a more precise timeline."

IA said they would release USA sales/service info in May '23 when they also released USA pricing. Still nothing 3months later. Seems like the red tape is holding stuff up? :(

Have y'all seen the Sales/Service map for Europe? Lots and lots of coverage.

Screenshot (713).jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
IA said they would release USA sales/service info in May '23 when they also released USA pricing. Still nothing 3months later. Seems like the red tape is holding stuff up? :(

Have y'all seen the Sales/Service map for Europe? Lots and lots of coverage.

View attachment 7823532
There are over 800 Million people living in that area of the map

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There are over 800 Million people living in that area of the map

Yep, this is why I cannot reasonably expect a very niche product to have physical service locations all over sparse North America (or, worse, our tiny Canadian market in our enormous Canadian landscape).

And I'm fine with that. As long as Ineos makes good on their virtuous promise to give owners (and any local outfit an owner decides to work with) the tools to service and repair and upgrade. (e.g. the CAD models would be a good start and reassuring gesture at this point)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
Yep, this is why I cannot reasonably expect a very niche product to have physical service locations all over sparse North America (or, worse, our tiny Canadian market in our enormous Canadian landscape).

And I'm fine with that. As long as Ineos makes good on their virtuous promise to give owners (and any local outfit an owner decides to work with) the tools to service and repair and upgrade. (e.g. the CAD models would be a good start and reassuring gesture at this point)
We only have 29 locations in Australia, although I recall them saying there would be 32.
We are a lot smaller than Canada but the same size as the USA.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I used to be able to chat with agent but that is gone off the mibile phone website version.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yep but if I go to the web page on my computer the live chat is available.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I just noticed that there is a configuration code on the final page of the Order Summary .pdf file. Is this anything unique to each pre-order?

GoneNative

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like they need an engineer to help with EPA self certification, this job was opened July 21. Though self certification, it's a long process and most labs for EPA testing partners are in the USA and backed up for testing capacity ever since VW lied on their self certification and installed testing defeat software.

Hopefully this work is not dependent on fulfilling that role in Germany, when most independent partner labs are in the USA.

https://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyNET.exe...ge&MaximumPages=1&ZyEntry=1&SeekPage=x&ZyPURL

I would only trust AVL in Michigan on that list, seeing that I used to work at another emissions lab in Michigan and worked with AVL for emissions certification for a small British car company in the past.

DDG

Local time
Reaction score
I just noticed that there is a configuration code on the final page of the Order Summary .pdf file. Is this anything unique to each pre-order?
That’s interesting. I suppose it’s possible to have a code like this that references the exact spec. Here’s a pic of my reference number. Station wagon in magic mushroom with black top and basically every option. Seventeen inch steel wheels.IMG_3110.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom