The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion.

I am having my grenadier delivered to Seattle (so that I can road trip it home) and will use RDS in PA for service and warranty work.

I have no idea how any other dealer assignments were done.
AhI remember you mentioning that (Road tripping) in an earlier post! Look forward to your daily blog post as to how your trip goes!

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Damn, your gonna road trip brand new mechanicals? Are you sure you don’t want to do the break-in first? I’m genuinely concerned, I’m not trying to be funny. You’re talking 2.5k of continuous miles, at highway speeds, on brand new mechanicals. I personally wouldn’t do that at all.

Seeing as Ineos is using a BMW B58 engine, with a ZF transmission, this link might help.

I had been wondering about "engine break-in" ... a challenging event given how many of us are mulitples of 100's of miles from out dealers. I'll have ~100 miles on interstate and planning on remaining 100+ country 2 lanes so will be easier to be variable.
Open to hearing others thoughts on this issue.
Thanks!

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
I had been wondering about "engine break-in" ... a challenging event given how many of us are mulitples of 100's of miles from out dealers. I'll have ~100 miles on interstate and planning on remaining 100+ country 2 lanes so will be easier to be variable.
Thanks!
Drive back thru Seattle, I90 east for 350ish miles, varying speed, easy on acceleration and braking when possible......... Or drive it like I stole off the dealer lot, haven't decided yet! I've heard both versions of break in.

Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten any insurance quotes stateside? I’m starting to get curious!!!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten any insurance quotes stateside? I’m starting to get curious!!!
Yes. You will probably need to send in your bill of sale because the underwriters don't have values to work with yet. Mine will be about $500 more per year than the 4Runner it is replacing.

Local time
Reaction score
Yes. You will probably need to send in your bill of sale because the underwriters don't have values to work with yet. Mine will be about $500 more per year than the 4Runner it is replacing.
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did the 4Runner cost you in annual premiums?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did the 4Runner cost you in annual premiums?
Around $1000 per year. Full coverage with extra bells and whistles. Cost is lumped in with 2 other cars so I'm not sure exactly how much each vehicle costs but Pure gave me an estimate on the grenadier based on pricing they found online for the base trialmaster and having 4 months or so left in my term. It may come out a little more than $50/mo extra because I have some added stuff.

Local time
Reaction score
Around $1000 per year. Full coverage with extra bells and whistles. Cost is lumped in with 2 other cars so I'm not sure exactly how much each vehicle costs but Pure gave me an estimate on the grenadier based on pricing they found online for the base trialmaster and having 4 months or so left in my term. It may come out a little more than $50/mo extra because I have some added stuff.
That’s great news! I was worried it was gonna be crazy expensive to insure (like my wife’s Tesla)!!!

$1500 a year for Cadillac coverage sounds reasonable to me!

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got a real quote with my VIN from my ERIE Insurance agent. $1646/yr for the Grenadier and my wifes 2018 Range Rover Sport. Thats with full tort and high limits because i also have umbrella coverage. The Grenadier itself is $736/yr. If you have the VIN and are in a covered state, i highly suggest everyone get a quote from Erie.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks!
There are differing schools of thought regarding break in. Regardless of the camp you are in, the general rule is to wait for the car to warm up and try not to stay at a constant rpm. It's ok to drive on the highway, just vary your speed slightly and downshift once in a while. Btw, it is not just "engine break-in" - you are essentially breaking in your entire car. That includes the transmission, transfer case, diffs etc.

Local time
Reaction score
I got a real quote with my VIN from my ERIE Insurance agent. $1646/yr for the Grenadier and my wifes 2018 Range Rover Sport. Thats with full tort and high limits because i also have umbrella coverage. The Grenadier itself is $736/yr. If you have the VIN and are in a covered state, i highly suggest everyone get a quote from Erie.
We use Erie also. It’s great to hear they cover it, and for a reasonable price. I got worried there for a second!!!

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There are differing schools of thought regarding break in. Regardless of the camp you are in, the general rule is to wait for the car to warm up and try not to stay at a constant rpm. It's ok to drive on the highway, just vary your speed slightly and downshift once in a while. Btw, it is not just "engine break-in" - you are essentially breaking in your entire car. That includes the transmission, transfer case, diffs etc.
Exactly! Did that with my 96 Discovery coming home 90+miles from the dealer back then. Always allow warm up no matter what age. Works for humans too ☺️ .

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Mercedes Vision EQXX claims to have a 600+ mile range via reduced weight and greatly improved battery capacity. The car is probably built so lightly it will self desturct in a collision with a squirrel but the future is approaching fast. Get ready.

With a Rivian quad motor and their largest battery you're in for close to $100k and only get 400 miles on a good day. Again, not a robust vehicle.

CAFE or Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards. Yes, yes. We all know this is the majority reasoning but Ineos also wants to be a bigger player than originally envisioned. With a cursory nod to their "off road" roots, they'll build anything that will sell profitably.
I guess I was mistaken. Originally in Feb when doing the off-road drive they stated they weren't subject to those requirements but maybe that's changing now since here it says (whether in the US or not).

"Congress provided in EPCA/EISA statutory authority for NHTSA to exempt a low volume manufacturer of passenger automobiles from the industry-wide passenger car standard if NHTSA concludes that the industry-wide passenger car standard is more stringent than the maximum feasible average fuel economy level that the manufacturer can achieve, and NHTSA establishes an alternative standard for that manufacturer's fleet of passenger cars at the maximum feasible average fuel economy level that the manufacturer can achieve.[5] Under EPCA/EISA, a low volume manufacturer is one that manufactured (whether in the United States or not) fewer than 10,000 passenger automobiles in the MY two years before the MY for which the exemption is sought, and that will manufacture fewer than 10,000 passenger automobiles in the affected MY. NHTSA may set alternative fuel economy standards in three ways: (1) a separate standard for each exempted manufacturer; (2) a separate standard applicable to each class of exempted automobiles (classes based on design, size, price or other factors); or (3) a single standard for all exempted manufacturers.[6] NHTSA has historically set individual standards for each exempted manufacturer."

RPK

Local time
Reaction score
Just received word my from RDS that my G is at the port. I am told that shipments to dealers will be done in "Batches", so a delivery date is not yet known. I am also told the transportation fee will be $1,600.00. Retail price will be communicated this week.
I heard from RDS as well my Trialmaster has arrived and has been put through and passed the port inspection etc. I also went up a few weeks ago and test drove the pair on the lot. The issue that has bothered me the most is not the fact they do not have the "dealership" set up yet (I get this is all very new and will take some time), but the total lack of understanding and enthusiasm the staff at the dealership have in relation to the culture of the people who buy these types of vehicles. I have owned or own '66 IIA, heavily modified '97 NAS Defender, and a '04 LC (all of which actually get muddy and wet). Based on the conversations of this forum, the large majority of folks are the same way. But the folks I have so far dealt with at this dealership have NO concept on how our minds work. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that is an important quality and understanding to have.

These vehicles were not engineered to be garage queens; therefore, maybe a Lamborghini salesman isn't the best fit to be interacting with this demographic. I am all for the staff to jump on board and get into what is awesome about having vehicles like ours and what they can do.....but I think it would be a good idea for them to do a better job of understanding their demographic and why the vehicle was built in the first place.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I heard from RDS as well my Trialmaster has arrived and has been put through and passed the port inspection etc. I also went up a few weeks ago and test drove the pair on the lot. The issue that has bothered me the most is not the fact they do not have the "dealership" set up yet (I get this is all very new and will take some time), but the total lack of understanding and enthusiasm the staff at the dealership have in relation to the culture of the people who buy these types of vehicles. I have owned or own '66 IIA, heavily modified '97 NAS Defender, and a '04 LC (all of which actually get muddy and wet). Based on the conversations of this forum, the large majority of folks are the same way. But the folks I have so far dealt with at this dealership have NO concept on how our minds work. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that is an important quality and understanding to have.

These vehicles were not engineered to be garage queens; therefore, maybe a Lamborghini salesman isn't the best fit to be interacting with this demographic. I am all for the staff to jump on board and get into what is awesome about having vehicles like ours and what they can do.....but I think it would be a good idea for them to do a better job of understanding their demographic and why the vehicle was built in the first place.
I doubt Ineos would have given the contract to them if the manager or owner did not share our mindset. I've had contact with a few people at my dealer and the higher up the food chain you get, the more enthusiastic they are. Maybe ask around and see if another rep or the manager can chat with you about the vehicle and you should be able to find someone there who can show you they are on board.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

LOL you mention a Lamborghini dealer ... Triad's primary focus are Bentleys. Agree MY "G" is not sitting in the garage and will be in daily use as primary vehicle. Agree puzzling as to why IG selected dealerships with no experience / enthusiasm in Grenadiers vs the few we have on this forum that are oozing with enthusiasm as measured by positive feedback from members, email communications etc. It has been mentioned that some of the selected dealers are within a boarder network - thus option to expand dealership locations (but just learned that the Houston dealer is connected to a New Orleans dealer but no "swapping" of service as NO not in the Ineos group.
I can see not looking to other manufactures with 4x4 vehicles so as not to cannibalize brand sales but then isn't Regal a Nissan dealer. Plus, the Grenadier is not being build for production on the same massive scale as Nissan. Different classification of client. Seems some dealers are probably going to have great growing pains ... Not meant to insult anyone just stating what is my perspective. Very different experience than when I purchased my 96 Discovery so long ago.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
LOL! I don't even have room in my garage for another vehicle. The Grenadier will be living outside for the foreseeable future. I'd have to completely clear out the garage and get a total garage organizer system before anything with 4 wheels goes in there.

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
LOL! I don't even have room in my garage for another vehicle. The Grenadier will be living outside for the foreseeable future. I'd have to completely clear out the garage and get a total garage organizer system before anything with 4 wheels goes in there.
Same for us. We only have a 2 bay garage and our 93 D110 sits in my side and wife has her vehicle in the other. My Tacoma currently lives in the elements.

Local time
Reaction score
I finally got my reservation deposit refunded. I know that in all reality, this means nothing. But it made me a little happy to know the Q1-24 delivery is inching closer. :)
When exactly did you get it refunded? I got my refund end of October. I wonder if there is anything to read into that???

Back
Top Bottom