The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
They probably need to raise the “fleet average mpg” for governmental regulations, so they can actually sell you the gas one. That explains the hydrogen and electric versions.
Also helps that Ineos is one of the world's largest Hydrogen producers and invested large chunks of $$$ into US market, including buying Eastman plants in Texas.

Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
I head nothing from them, even when I reached out to them multiple times, so I cancelled my order Q1 build. If this is pre-sales, I can't imagine how bad warranty and service will be. What a shame, what a bad dealer. I cancelled because I didn't want them to receive my allocation/build and then claim they cant find me and then have an extra unit to dealer market up as a canceled order. Ghosting reservation holders is not cool.

Will is the sales dude for Knauz Ineos. He seems like a nice dude, but I think his dealership is understaffed at the moment (launch vehicle and all). They are only contacting customers as their cars are coming in (a batch system). Send Will an email, he seems to be a nice guy. Don’t forget, reservation holders are already sold cars, so I’m not so shocked dealers don’t give two fucks about us. They are trying to drum up sales, for the post-reservation-deliveries era so they actually have customers after all of us get our cars. (Knauz has 500 reservation holders, so the first 500 are spoken for) They are running a “startup” if that makes any sense, in an economy that is quickly turning to shit, combined with an affordability crisis, tightening lending requirements, and high APR rates. Trust me, it sucks to be a dealer right now anywhere in USA.

To put things in perspective, the average new-dealer floorplan interest rate on their inventory is 5% apr. Some quick math tells me that my local Mercedes dealership is probably spending 20k a month, interest ONLY, on the inventory sitting on their lot, which is collecting dust since nothing is moving. This is a small ass Mercedes dealer in a rust-bucket city in the Midwest.

Just to make sure I make my point: a Jeep Wrangler equates to a $1,000 monthly car payment. Ask yourself, can your neighbor afford that? Can the average American afford that. You will begin to understand that a recession is upon us…

Will and the team at Knauz Ineos have been great to chat with, when you can get a hold of them. I think they are going through some teething issues, but all-in-all I feel like we will be in good hands with them! Send Will an email, you’ll be glad you did!

Wwiegand@knauz.com

Last edited:

GoneNative

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Will is the sales dude for Knauz Ineos. He seems like a nice dude, but I think his dealership is understaffed at the moment (launch vehicle and all). They are only contacting customers as their cars are coming in (a batch system). Send Will an email, he seems to be a nice guy. Don’t forget, reservation holders are already sold cars, so I’m not so shocked dealers don’t give two fucks about us. They are trying to drum up sales, for the post-reservation-deliveries era so they actually have customers after all of us get our cars. (Knauz has 500 reservation holders, so the first 500 are spoken for) They are running a “startup” if that makes any sense, in an economy that is quickly turning to shit, combined with an affordability crisis, tightening lending requirements, and high APR rates. Trust me, it sucks to be a dealer right now anywhere in USA.

Wwiegand@knauz.com
I appreciate it, thank you. I'll be waiting for the second round of dealers, cant risk this level of poorly run dealer business when I inevitably need warranty work.

Local time
Reaction score
I appreciate it, thank you. I'll be waiting for the second round of dealers, cant risk this level of poorly run dealer business when I inevitably need warranty work.
I’m fucked either way, I’m 4 hours (8 hours round trip) from any current or future Ineos dealership.

I AM THE WARRANTY is my motto!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m fucked either way, I’m 4 hours (8 hours round trip) from any current or future Ineos dealership.

I AM THE WARRANTY is my motto!
Six hours round trip for me - they really need to get the promised service network figured out!

Reactions: jwb

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They probably need to raise the “fleet average mpg” for governmental regulations, so they can actually sell you the gas one. That explains the hydrogen and electric versions.
From what they’ve said that’s only once sales volumes exceed a certain threshold and that’s why the won’t be exceeding that threshold in the USA.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Also helps that Ineos is one of the world's largest Hydrogen producers and invested large chunks of $$$ into US market, including buying Eastman plants in Texas.
Yea but volume is low and spread out across thousands of miles there isn’t going to be a hydrogen network. Everyone knocks on electric because of the network and that’s vastly more mature. Toyota has been spending billions on this and still not made a dent.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just come to my house. I’ll make us a coffee, and we can turn some wrenches! It’s half the fun if you ask me!
Yea but half the other issues are sensor/software related and that’s the only scary part.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
Spare a thought for the members in Hawaii. Their dealer is in San Francisco……..
I hope no one takes the bait in Hawaii, on Oahu anyways. I think it would be a miserable experience.

Full size truck width sucks for the small parking spot sizes and there are only 2 public spots (which still require day permits) to legally off road. Lived there for over a decade and its only getting more crowded.

Local time
Reaction score
Yea but half the other issues are sensor/software related and that’s the only scary part.
It’s all Bosch stuff anyways, should be easy to service at any Euro independent mechanic anywhere. I wouldn’t worry about it. Find a good local super-car mechanic shop (we have one even in our small Midwest rust-bucket city). They are used to working on exotic metal, and will be able to take care of you. For the record, your local independent super car mechanic, is usually the best mechanic in town just FYI.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope no one takes the bait in Hawaii, on Oahu anyways. I think it would be a miserable experience.

Full size truck width sucks for the small parking spot sizes and there are only 2 public spots (which still require day permits) to legally off road. Lived there for over a decade and its only getting more crowded.
I've never been but I think Jimneys are perfect for islands like Hawaii, the Bahamas, etc.

Back
Top Bottom