The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
Received the same, happy and sad at the same time since the dealer is 5 hrs away and I have limited spare time. On the bright side - I guess it's good that they are actually checking stuff? lol. Also, free towing package - yay.

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got the tow package notification directly from INEOS as well - same offer. I understand why they would blank it off to prevent use; however, I would rather sign a waiver to avoid a mechanical reinstallation issue.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
I’m fucked either way, I’m 4 hours (8 hours round trip) from any current or future Ineos dealership.

I AM THE WARRANTY is my motto!
I'm 8 hours to the closest, and 800 miles to my delivering dealer, 24 hours round trip to my delivering dealer.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
I'm 8 hours to the closest, and 800 miles to my delivering dealer, 24 hours round trip to my delivering dealer.
If there are several of your within the same area, discuss with the dealer about coming to you guys and doing them all at once. Easier on everyone if they are willing to do that. Since they are taking them off at the port of entry, cannot be that challenging to do all the locals in one location.

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just noticed a refund from Ineos for my reservation fee from 2021. Anyone else receive a refund as well? I’m assuming it’s normal and indicative of getting one step closer to owning the vehicle.
No refund yet- but I did get the following message from Ineos:
Hi Christopher,

Your Grenadier has arrived in the US, and has passed all the initial quality checks, which is great news. Unfortunately, we’ve been advised of an electrical issue with the towing feature, which means you’ll temporarily be unable to tow with your Grenadier.

In short, the issue affects the proper and safe operation of trailer lights. A fix is expected within the next few weeks, and we’re developing a plan, together with our dealers, to update each Grenadier and restore full operation of the towing feature.

Otherwise, your Grenadier is good to go. And because we don’t want to delay delivery, we’ll release your Grenadier to your delivering dealer as soon as possible. But with an important caveat – you won’t be able to tow until the fix has been implemented.

We appreciate this is far from ideal and we apologize for this. To help make up for the inconvenience, we’ll provide the towing feature to you free-of-charge and will coordinate with your dealer to ensure it’s enabled as quickly as possible.

Your dealer will contact you when your Grenadier is ready to collect. And then, subsequently, when you should bring your vehicle in for the towing update. They’ll only need a couple of hours to take care of it.

Last edited:

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No refund yet- but I did get the following message from Ineos:
Hi Christopher,

Your Grenadier has arrived in the US, and has passed all the initial quality checks, which is great news. Unfortunately, we’ve been advised of an electrical issue with the towing feature, which means you’ll temporarily be unable to tow with your Grenadier.

In short, the issue affects the proper and safe operation of trailer lights. A fix is expected within the next few weeks, and we’re developing a plan, together with our dealers, to update each Grenadier and restore full operation of the towing feature.

Otherwise, your Grenadier is good to go. And because we don’t want to delay delivery, we’ll release your Grenadier to your delivering dealer as soon as possible. But with an important caveat – you won’t be able to tow until the fix has been implemented.

We appreciate this is far from ideal and we apologize for this. To help make up for the inconvenience, we’ll provide the towing feature to you free-of-charge and will coordinate with your dealer to ensure it’s enabled as quickly as possible.

Your dealer will contact you when your Grenadier is ready to collect. And then, subsequently, when you should bring your vehicle in for the towing update. They’ll only need a couple of hours to take care of it.
Means your vehicle is about to arrive at the dealer, and post inspection should be available (depending on delivery/transport). Once the "I's dotted, and T's Crossed" should be ready to get The Call.
**Be advised, there is was a recent storm front coming across the US, dropped a lot of heavy snow in the North East and rain inn the Mid West.

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If there are several of your within the same area, discuss with the dealer about coming to you guys and doing them all at once. Easier on everyone if they are willing to do that. Since they are taking them off at the port of entry, cannot be that challenging to do all the locals in one location.
Once we get more info from Regal, I definitely think we should see if this is an option for Nashville group.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Once we get more info from Regal, I definitely think we should see if this is an option for Nashville group.
I would think it would make sense from a scheduling prospective for them and us. The only challenge may be if they need a lift. But suspect that could work something out with a Nissan dealership here in the area or with some garage. Heck I would even ask the guys at TN Off-Road if they would rent out their two lifts to them on a Saturday.

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would think it would make sense from a scheduling prospective for them and us. The only challenge may be if they need a lift. But suspect that could work something out with a Nissan dealership here in the area or with some garage. Heck I would even ask the guys at TN Off-Road if they would rent out their two lifts to them on a Saturday.
I can also ask my friend Albert who owns Mill Creek Overland and Mike who owns Exotic Autosport. Both near my brewery, beers on me while the IG's get serviced.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Electric, until they greatly increase battery density I don’t even see the point. That’s an entirely different mission statement. At that point just get a rivian.

The Mercedes Vision EQXX claims to have a 600+ mile range via reduced weight and greatly improved battery capacity. The car is probably built so lightly it will self desturct in a collision with a squirrel but the future is approaching fast. Get ready.

With a Rivian quad motor and their largest battery you're in for close to $100k and only get 400 miles on a good day. Again, not a robust vehicle.

They probably need to raise the “fleet average mpg” for governmental regulations, so they can actually sell you the gas one. That explains the hydrogen and electric versions.

CAFE or Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards. Yes, yes. We all know this is the majority reasoning but Ineos also wants to be a bigger player than originally envisioned. With a cursory nod to their "off road" roots, they'll build anything that will sell profitably.

Last edited:

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
RDS in Pennsylvania
(y)- so if you are in NoVA, how did you end up with Pennsylvania vs someone in your "backyard" who ended up with Triad down in NC? Just curious as you are so much closer to Philly area vs "neighbor" over in Baltimore.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
(y)- so if you are in NoVA, how did you end up with Pennsylvania vs someone in your "backyard" who ended up with Triad down in NC? Just curious as you are so much closer to Philly area vs "neighbor" over in Baltimore.
There seems to be some confusion.

I am having my grenadier delivered to Seattle (so that I can road trip it home) and will use RDS in PA for service and warranty work.

I have no idea how any other dealer assignments were done.

Local time
Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion.

I am having my grenadier delivered to Seattle (so that I can road trip it home) and will use RDS in PA for service and warranty work.

I have no idea how any other dealer assignments were done.
Damn, your gonna road trip brand new mechanicals? Are you sure you don’t want to do the break-in first? I’m genuinely concerned, I’m not trying to be funny. You’re talking 2.5k of continuous miles, at highway speeds, on brand new mechanicals. I personally wouldn’t do that at all.

Seeing as Ineos is using a BMW B58 engine, with a ZF transmission, this link might help.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Damn, your gonna road trip brand new mechanicals? Are you sure you don’t want to do the break-in first? I’m genuinely concerned, I’m not trying to be funny. You’re talking 2.5k of continuous miles, at highway speeds, on brand new mechanicals. I personally wouldn’t do that at all.

Seeing as Ineos is using a BMW B58 engine, with a ZF transmission, this link might help.

Appreciated - either it's meant to be driven, or it's not.

For the first fifteen hundred miles, I'll be heading in the general direction of dealerships - Portland, OR, Boise, ID, Salt Lake City, UT, etc. It'd be great if Ineos had published details on the service network, the promised roadside assistance details - or some info on the famous Flying Spanners. My inquires to the web site have resulted in "talk to your dealer".

1700865532410.png

Alas, one of the first (if not the first) trip across the USA in a Grenadier will be ... Unsupported?

Better men than I have done it with less.

Back
Top Bottom