The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
So they have no incentive to compete for my business… defeats the purpose of capitalism / free market theory…
I was told by RDS in PA that at least one Chicago customer is trying to switch to them; willing to drive all the way to the outskirts of Philly!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s my understanding that if you’ve already been “allocated” to a dealer (all existing pre orders are) you’re locked in. It’s not what we were initially told, but I believe it to be true.

Local time
Reaction score
It’s my understanding that if you’ve already been “allocated” to a dealer (all existing pre orders are) you’re locked in. It’s not what we were initially told, but I believe it to be true.
Incorrect, call Ineos UK, and they can move you around. They offered it to me on Friday 11/17/23, but I decided to give my dealer another chance. They seem to have a good heart, they just are only contacting people as their cars come in. So if you have a VIN they chat with you, if not, it’s radio silence. I prefer Regals method of mass communication, it helps placate people’s anxieties, goes a long way to keep people’s minds at ease, and keeps the customer engaged and interested for the long haul until delivery actually happens.

Despite this, my allocated dealer has been great if/when you can actually reach them. Knauz Ineos of Chicago, just send a damn email to all the reservation holders. It will make you look good, and costs you nothing! If Regal/Sewell/etc… can do it, so can you!

My greatest concern with the lack of communication from dealer groups is two fold, 1. People are left in the dark, 2. It increases the probability of people dropping out. We want to get these cars delivered, at near a rate of 100% as possible (i.e. zero cancellations). Certainly, Retention-Rate is a metric that Ineos Corporate will be using to grade dealers, amongst other metrics 😉

Last edited:

offender110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
Incorrect, call Ineos UK, and they can move you around. They offered it to me on Friday 11/17/23, but I decided to give my dealer another chance. They seem to have a good heart, they just are only contacting people as their cars come in. So if you have a VIN they chat with you, if not, it’s radio silence. I prefer Regals method of mass communication, it helps placate people’s anxieties, goes a long way to keep people’s minds at ease, and keeps the customer engaged and interested for the long haul until delivery actually happens.

Despite this, my allocated dealer has been great if/when you can actually reach them. Knauz Ineos of Chicago, just send a damn email to all the reservation holders. It will make you look good, and costs you nothing! If Regal/Sewell/etc… can do it, so can you!

My greatest concern with the lack of communication from dealer groups is two fold, 1. People are left in the dark, 2. It increases the probability of people dropping out. We want to get these cars delivered, at near a rate of 100% as possible (i.e. zero cancellations). Certainly, Retention-Rate is a metric that Ineos Corporate will be using to grade dealers, amongst other metrics 😉
100% agree…The dealer experience has me wavering on something I’ve wanted for the last two years. More communication would really help.

My bet right now is that we will see quite a few pop-up for sale come January and with the way the car markets going, at a discount to MSRP. Take a look at UK Autotrader, I know it’s a different market, but everything is listing under MSRP, even for the basically new cars.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Incorrect, call Ineos UK, and they can move you around. They offered it to me on Friday 11/17/23
Awesome, I'll give them a call tomorrow or Wednesday as the US side told me I was stuck with my current dealer

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7833172
Go to - https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/track-trace

Enter
CUSTOMER REF NUMBER : 6200002400

All of the VINs were discharged in Brunswick.
I'm going to be reaching out tomorrow to iron out some things
100% agree…The dealer experience has me wavering on something I’ve wanted for the last two years. More communication would really help.

My bet right now is that we will see quite a few pop-up for sale come January and with the way the car markets going, at a discount to MSRP. Take a look at UK Autotrader, I know it’s a different market, but everything is listing under MSRP, even for the basically new cars.
those were people that had the early orders at the early pricing and before the software fixes. I’ll be completely shocked if I see these going under MSRP in the states. With what people pay here for jeeps and g-wagons there will be a segment that’s going to really want these and not want to wait in line. The same people that pay $20k over MSRP for a raptor. The Houston/Dallas crowd will be begging to buy it.

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just received word my from RDS that my G is at the port. I am told that shipments to dealers will be done in "Batches", so a delivery date is not yet known. I am also told the transportation fee will be $1,600.00. Retail price will be communicated this week.

Attachments

• The Halo Trust.JPG
    The Halo Trust.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 1

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score

I would not look at UK Autotrader, as a good deal seem to be "Commerical" Station Wagons, which are limited to what roads/speeds they can go on/at, something totally foreign to US residents where as long it's registered/passes inspection, you can pretty much driver it anywhere.

Several early buyers seems they did not either realize this or chose to ignore and then later seem to realized "after" the fact. Additionally, this in part accounts for the pricing differences, where the commercial station wagon does not come with several features/functions required in the US market (Lane Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, Parking Aides, etc). Not enough to account for the entire differences, but to ignore ..

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
… several features/functions required in the US market (Lane Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, Parking Aides, etc). Not enough to account for the entire differences, but to ignore ..
NAS speck does not have blind spot monitoring-it has lane assist. Personally I think the former is of greater benefit, but che sera.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice to hear…1200 shipped and in ports. Wish the interviewer had asked a bit more detail on that but oh well.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
I found the mention of five different models interesting. Three are the Grenadier SW, the Quartermaster, and the smaller all electric model. Calder didn't give any details on the other two but said they are in development even now. There was no mention of hydrogen.:unsure:

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
NAS speck does not have blind spot monitoring-it has lane assist. Personally I think the former is of greater benefit, but che sera.
In what way? A beep, vibration, or actual steering correction? I didn’t notice any on my Houston test but merging onto I10 for the first time was sweaty enough to miss just about anything.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I found the mention of five different models interesting. Three are the Grenadier SW, the Quartermaster, and the smaller all electric model. Calder didn't give any details on the other two but said they are in development even now. There was no mention of hydrogen.:unsure:
IMHO they need to focus on what the IG is and stick with that. Going electric and hydrogen at the same time is a bit of a joke and it’s keeping the pricing up. Maybe hydrogen in Japan but it won’t find a support network in the US. Electric, until they greatly increase battery density I don’t even see the point. That’s an entirely different mission statement. At that point just get a rivian.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In what way? A beep, vibration, or actual steering correction? I didn’t notice any on my Houston test but merging onto I10 for the first time was sweaty enough to miss just about anything.
The demo's are MY 23.5 and do not actually have those safety systems - the customer trucks will. I don't know the manner in which it works, I'm just going off the spec-sheet.

Local time
Reaction score
IMHO they need to focus on what the IG is and stick with that. Going electric and hydrogen at the same time is a bit of a joke and it’s keeping the pricing up. Maybe hydrogen in Japan but it won’t find a support network in the US. Electric, until they greatly increase battery density I don’t even see the point. That’s an entirely different mission statement. At that point just get a rivian.
They probably need to raise the “fleet average mpg” for governmental regulations, so they can actually sell you the gas one. That explains the hydrogen and electric versions.

GoneNative

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

I heard nothing from them, even when I reached out to them multiple times, so I cancelled my order Q1 build. If this is pre-sales, I can't imagine how bad warranty and service will be. What a shame, what a bad dealer. I cancelled because I didn't want them to receive my allocation/build and then claim they cant find me and then have an extra unit to dealer mark-up as a canceled order. Ghosting reservation holders is not cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom